A list?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the remainder of the community should put together a proper list of what they would in common like to be implemented - so we can compare what the developers and the community wants, and possibly strike out some of the things. In my opinion, it seems like the developers are out of touch with its player-base, and are under the impression that most of us are ignorant [insert docile and lesser intelligent being here] and that we should just watch as 1.3 "blossoms".

Personally, I thought 1.2 was amazing. I never played 1.1, so a lot of people might disagree with me on this. 1.2 had tons of features. Beam-fights, special attacks from most characters, lightning-paced melee combat, teleports, flying, and a fairly good community (well, back in the day). There were, and are, of course, things that need fixing, but all in all, right now, it's a good game, whatever the 1.1 fanatics want to believe.

I figure that there must be things that most of the "remainder" of ESF's player-base all want in the new, and final version. Things that aren't necessarily very difficult to fix, but still things that would give new life to the mod. Naturally, I have a few suggestions as I'm posting this, but I think a lot of people have much better suggestions than I do - and so I propose we all suggest small things that could be improved upon relatively easily.

In the case of a misunderstanding by the developers: I appreciate all the hard work you put into 1.2, and I appreciate the way it turned out, but a complete change isn't the way out.

A couple of suggestions I think we could all agree on, and are relatively easy to do:

1.) Giving Piccolo a regeneration ability.

2.) Fixing Vegeta's renzoku so it's worth a damn.

Suggest more. O:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just checked the suggestions forum and it seems my thread wasn't transferred over to the new server or whatever...so that kinda sucks, but here's a very general list we compiled in the ZR forum:

Some General Stuff:

This is coming from the perspective of a pro. I don’t want a complete change in the melee system like 1.2 promised. We got a mass exodus of current players when that happened.

Forget double tapping for the swoop, that just brings in scriptors. Forget the way that swooping works in 1.3, that’s broken beyond belief. Keep it simple. Make a swoop button. You press this button (or hold it, w/e), you start to swoop. You press the button again (or let go..), you stop the swoop.

Advanced melee is completely messed up, something else needs to replace it or it needs to be taken out of the game entirely. DDR doesn’t have a place in ESF.

I’d personally like the teleport delay removed, but if you guys don’t want to remove that due to scripters (I don’t really get the logic in that, btw. People just replaced the teleport script with a swoop script now), then you could at least remove the teleport delay of the first teleport you do. There is no point in having a teleport delay on the first teleport

SSJ is ridiculously unbalanced. The current problem is that upon transforming, you gain twice the speed, ki, PL, plus you get more attacks. Traveling twice the speed at half the ki cost removes the entire aspect of ki management from the game. I’m pretty sure that this is already being done, but make SSJ drain ki.

Truth be told, the issue of PL all together is unfair. You're rewarding the good players by making the game easier for them. If there is one pro on a server (which is usually the case), he can get enough of a PL advantage that anyone dies in one sequence of hits (for example, three simple melee hits + Yellow beam = death). The entire server is essentially at the discretion of the one pro in the server. If he wants to beamspam, everyone in the server will die, a lot.

Spec mode is cool, but please, fix the spec mode by letting us see exactly as the person you're watching sees. It may not seem like a big deal or seem like it's worth the effort, but spec mode is one of the most used features in the game. It's a real shame not being able to see from the same point of view of the guy your specing, hud and everything.

Turn radar on by default. Keep the radar simple, too. Only have one radar mode, something like this would be awesome. http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/6282/es...1152x8646og.jpg
I know the mouse over thing where the name / powerlevel appears on the player himself in 1.3, but personally, that’s annoying. Put it off to the side where it won’t distract anyone.

I don’t think that simple melees should be removed, but it needs to be tweaked. You’d get a lot of different opinions on this one, but I’d like a return to the 1.1 combo system, that was by far my favorite part of ESF back then.

The time you spend stuck the ground in the game is ridiculous. Three simple melee hits can deal atleast 30 damage. 1 simple melee hit is worth around 10 damage, and left clicking for kiblobs deals 8 damage (right clicking deals 5). There is nothing your opponent can do to stop this damage, other then not get hit in the first place (which is absurd).

Some possible solutions:
-Make the kiblob do 1 damage instead of 8. It did 1 damage in 1.1 and no one complained. Now that I think of it, i'm not sure why the team decided to up the damage in the first place.
-Increase the knockback distance to two times as far. By my logic, it would take two teleports to perform and you would not be able to keep swooping after you hit someone and get another hit.
-Decrease the amount of damage the second hit does in the combo.

No holds bar, we need an ingame tutorial.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh, melee damage should be lowered altogether

id like to see beams without a charge gauge - all they do is say the name and FIRE IT. it starts out really weak, a quick attack, but as you charge it more the power starts to rise faster. gen beam has no charge, as soon as you see the ball, its ready. discs have a minimum size, but no charge bar. spirit bomb can be fired at any time past the introduction to the attack, low damage at low charge and higher damage at high charge. the ammount you can charge it depends on how many people there are. all attacks have a cap to them, they just stop charging. OR you can charge until you ki runs out but the explosion radius is very small.

get rid of manual detonation, replace it with a disconnect feature. with the small radius it'd be hard to spam it.

beams use a small ammount of stamina to maintain?

when you enemy is very low on either stamina or ki ginyu's bodychange cannot be avoided

no teleport delay, at all.

**** yeah for the in-game tutorial. would it really be that hard?

its an odd suggestion but make the ki blobs solid, as in you cant see through them.

as for jump, i have 2 suggestions
1. have it so that you hold the jump button to charge a jump and use the arrow keys to leap in whichever direction you want
or
2. when you hold jump in midair your character will auto-jump when he/she hits the ground.
both suggestion address the issue of sticking to the ground.

people grind into the ground instead of roll? i think that we should keep ground hits but make them so that they are not devastating and cheap.

when bounced off the ceiling you bounce the same angle that you arrived and auto-recover if your holding jump

when your smashed into the wall and your holding jump you will spin and land with your feet on the wall (eye candy, but cool nonetheless) and you can spring off or just go right into a swoop.

dunno, thats all i could think of off the top of my head

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh, melee damage should be lowered altogether
Actually there is a difrent solution allready planned. Instead of lowering damate well just give people more health. Bigger numbers = more precise calculations possible and gives the feeling of attacks doing less damage ^^

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the dev team should remove the energy bar, or nerf the cost for swooping substantially, and no longer require you to double-tap (kills any difference between scripters and non-scripters)

The one thing that could be completely new that you could add is a "Last Man Standing" mode. I think that would add a huge "wow" factor a sort of survivor to rule or gaurd the planet idealistic atmosphere.

I'm also for adding visual persay RPG aspects, not complete builds, but similar to what Counter-Strike has done with Warcraft 3 or Battlefield 2.

Just simple things such as perpetually evolved melee hits (different animations applied, etc) that are related to certain powerlevel achievements. There could be things such as Rank 1 being a simple one-handed Power Hit, Rank 2 being a drop-kick that does 10 more dmg, etc.

I'm also for beam/ball cooldowns (or one per life scenarios) so rambunctious beam spamming doesn't negate our newfound melee euphoria.
-

I understand you are adding a handful of characters and maps, but you should really just open up the gameplay, as well as add some more rewarding aspects (besides transformations) to a player's efforts/progress.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have done a survey from many people from the community about 1.3 and the team is taking a look at it atm. so far we're re-looking over swooping, balancing simple melee and making it more fun, adv melee, beams, etc. that includes some of the stuff already brought up in this thread.. so stay tuned

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please, do tell us of this "balancing" of melee and how you intend to "make it more fun". I'm sure we'd all like to hear about that.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well it worked great last time, one can only assume it'll work better this time!

seriously though, if you guys come up with an idea for melee please PLEASE run it by us before deciding.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sure, as long as i get the aok from boss (masta)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ideas actually came from the people kong talked about. Basically we are going through how to imput those ideas.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, we were two of those people. We'd still like to know what they're planning on doing before actually implementing it.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like an ingame tutorial. The game needs an ingame tutorial if we want people to stick with the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub has a point. People are morons, they don't read the manual before playing, and then ruins their own game experience.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed, nobody ever reads the manual. So not only do they ruin their experience, they ruin mine by annoying the piss out of me with obvious answers to stupid questions like "how do I transform?"... I think that might be my least favorite question ever.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a tendency of instantly seeking out whoever said "how do I transform?" and roll-exploiting them to death repeatedly until they leave the game forever. It's just a reflex, can't contol it - it's like when I hear emo music on the radio and have a sudden urge to kill people for allowing such crap to exist.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's exactly the kind of thing that we shouldn't be doing if our goal is to, you know, get people to play this game and retain them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I disagree, Vox. Shunning retards away from this game is not necessarily a negative thing. I do however, ask anyone with the brains not to ask me "how i get ssj3???" whether they'd like a few tips or a little training. Frequently.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand how someone can be a retard for asking a question that you can answer in less than 3 sentences. Just do what I did and bind the link to the manual to a key. If we were to get rid of everyone who asked a question that can be found in the manual, we'd be exactly where we are now. We're trying to climb out of the hole, not pitch a tent and camp out for the next year.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're wrong. If I just gave the simple answers and tutored every one of them "retards", ESF would be flooded with idiots. I play(ed) a mod for a game called JKA - Lugormod, and it died because of an abundance of idiots.

If they seem like moderately intelligent people (as in, they seem to have an IQ above 85), I will refer them to the manual and or answer their question. Otherwise I just go "DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE" on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom