A Challenge mode Idea!! Pls Read

Best answers
how about involving some sort of challenge button which you click on someone and you challenge them, and the other person has to accept.

if anyone has Played Jedi Outcast. You will know what i mean.

it called jedi duel mode and could be excellently implemented into this game. obviosly not for beta 1.1 coz thats to late but for beta 2 this could be used.

what you do is look at a person and click a button and it challenges him, if he accepts, you go side by side so you see a side view, you know like in NORMAL fighting games.

and you fight but properly like with punches and kicks and stuff.

also when you are in this duel challenge, you are invulnerable to anyone else.(THEY CANT HURT YOU)

if goin side by side is to hard. You coul have it so its normal but the same, you fight with actual punch and kicks rather than the standard meele.

this isnt totally out of the question as it works extremely well in Jedi.

quick summary coz i know i babble abit.

challenge mode-

you look at a person
click on him
he accepts
you become invulnerable to all others
you fight with actual punches and kicks
till theres a winner.

thx

Fearless

Best answers
how i didnt think of that???? i've been playing jedi knight since it came out and i love dualing!!! this is a gr8 idea!! i KNOW it should b put n beta 2.

but maybe instead of what u said, it can b like this. whenever there is a dual going on, the 2 dualers will move (automaticaly) to an arena in the map. like in cell_day. when they dual ppl can jump into the invisible cube (which will b the whole area to the top of the map) and become specs. but not a regular specs. once the dual is over or they get out of the "cube" they become normal again. if a beam hits the cube...well....nothing happens. OH! destructo disks and friza's discs cant get in. they will jump back in the direction they came from

Best answers
i like this idea to. i love how it works in jedi outcast. its a great addition to that game.
so if it would be possible for this game, i say go for it, only good can come from it.

only critiscism i have is i think going to the side and making it like a normal fihter, might be a bit much.

but i like the staying normal and using fists and hands etc.

cool

Best answers
it would be incredibally hard to impliment the whole 2d fighter style thingy. But if they just had a thing where if the person accepted the dual (only one dual on a map ala jo) the dualists are teleported to the arena and fought it out with arena rules (i.e you get knocked out, you lose, you get killed you lose etc.) and of course no interference. the melee recover time in a dual could be increased alot or they could make it so that the only way the duals wouldnt end after the first melee hit. They could use a system where if in a dual, you will always recover from a melee before hitting the ground unless you were hit from behind (reduced your chances of stoppin by 1/3) your out of ki, or your down to less then 10 health(reduced chances of stoppin by 1/2). I dunno, just an idea

Best answers
excellent idea! :yes:
it could be amazing, but there is still the coding problem, bah
but i think it shouldn't be a normal fighting, it should be a fast-hit fighting like in the show(you can set some combos and then perform some fast attacks)
i hope the HL engine can handle it...

Best answers
thx for the good responses guys.

when i was thinkin of the idea i too thought going to the 2d style as like a side camera angle would be hard too so that why i suggested to stay normal too.

thx

Fearless

Best answers
i was about to say this because i was jsut gettin ym ass kicked by some noobs goin 4 v 1 when we wanted a 1v1

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well as u know jedi isnt a mod but a big game that cost lots of money,if they do it here it will be VERY bugged and wont be fun(i think)

Best answers
i know it aint a mod, but what difference should that make.????

its not as if its a big special effect or out.

i cant see programmin it so you press a button on someone and you fight only them is something hard to programme m8.

Best answers
well to be honest, i dont think it would be that hard to code.

You see there are ways of doing it wich make the code very simple.

for example, if you forget the idea of moving them into an area of a map you would consider a "ring".

then the code would simply consist of making you and the person who accpeted the dual invulnarable to everyone else, and give you the punch and kick attacks only.

granted they would have to animate the punch and kick attacks etc and then pinch some bits of code from the current melee to work with the new punch and kicks. so that would be simple.

and as for the taking them to the arena. what they would have to do (in my mind)

is add a new env entity to the FGD file called env_arena (or somthing like that)

then the mapper decides where he/she thinks the best place for an arena like match would occur. e.g. placeing the entity over the cell arena in cell day.

This would then allow the mapper to change the size of the ring. and the code would simply be to tell the two players who accepted the dual, to go to the relative co-ordinates of the env_arena (placing both players as far from each other as the arena allows) then i think even that idea could be possible.

yes there would be bugs at first. but personally i dont think it would be as Difficult to implement as some ideas i have heard in the past.

Best answers
well it seems like a really good idea, but im pretty sure that esf is a fast pace action game, and the constant duel fighting could slow it down, or say 7 people are fighting in a game 6 people enter duels and the odd one out is left whats he spose to do?
i wouldnt want to wait in a fast pace action game, and also say you didnt want to fight, you might get some ****s who keep asking for duels and i wouldnt want to be declining all the time or vice versa i wouldnt want to duel all the time, plus you could have some vulture just waiting for 2 people to stop duel and boom he fries them with his beam

still it sounds kinda cool

Best answers
you dont have to decline him m8
if you dont want to challenge him then just dont accept carry on playing as usual.

as for the 7 people havin a duel.

if you used the move to an arena way.

then there could only be one duel at a time.

and you could if you wish implement as maybe a server option for the next time a duel can take place.

like!!

option say 0

you can duel on and on straight after each duel.

but you could also set it so maybe you can say like a duel takes place then another cant be done for another 5 mins or somit.

then youll not lose your fast pace.

or a server can set it so no duels can be done

;)

its a cool idea and doesnt really have a flaw. coz if you had this server option then its perfectly balanced and you can choose servers without duel if wish.

Best answers
and really if you read my post on it, it wouldnt be that hard to put in the game. (it would have to stay normal, i couldnt see how the heck they could code a street fighterish sys into half life). But you lock on to a person, you then push the challenge button and a menu pops up and they say yes or no. if yes then you teleport to an arena (jail break has this, two jail members teleport to an arena and duke it out) and they fight it out

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats really hard to make...think of all the buttons we would need and we'll probably forget most of them so i dont know about that one it would be cool though

Best answers
really all you would need is an extra button for challenges. The rest could be done with little menus (like that one that pops up for buu's candy attack)

Best answers
I realy don't see this being to hard to code.

Granted i probably couldnt do it mself.

but judgin on what the team has done so far, im sure its well within there capable means.

as far as the odd one out goes. as my bro Fearless said there can only be one duel going on in a game at one time. its the same with jedi knight.

even if there are 32 people in a map there can be only 1 duel at any one time. once the duel is over, the option is open to everyone again.

The code for that would simply be to anyone who isnt duelling if they try to challenge there menu for accept is blocked out. (or you just cant initiate a duel until the duelers are finished)

the street fighter idea i dont think is that great. but a duel mode like jedi's would be realy good. and i also think it would provide a very good way of implementing the melee system.

i mean in DBZ in the show, no one ever joins in a melee to make it 2 V 1.

it would be nice if the team could respond to this to see what there professional view on this matter would be.

i.e. exactly how difficult to code it would be etc.

thx
Preach.

EDIT: oops i posted this under my brothers name.
sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom