A big "Kamehameha" to Beam Spam: Detailed Idea Inside

Best answers
What's the problem..?
If you get blown up by a beam you didn't see coming once, you should be even more alert when you respawn..

If you notice that the guy keeps spamming, focus only on him, and kick his ass as long as needed for him to realize he doesn't have the time to stand still and charge beams all the time..

If a player with a huge PL keeps doing it, he would have had to earn this PL first right? So it's not like every noob can effectively beam spam on most servers, and even so, i think that if someone keeps beamspamming there are more than enough ways to stop him from doing so than changing the beam system as it is right now..

So.. no.. can't say i like the idea..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got to admit, I agree with you. I've never liked whining about stupid ppl doing stupid things.
But still I think that making the player freeze for some time after he shoots a beam is a wise idea. What's wrong with what I said before?

Best answers
I dont think that they should freeze!!!
then it wouldnt be like the show! + I think that they should learn it on theirown flesh what they should and shouldnt do
like if they spam a lot and the stamina bar reacts then pplz that know how to control it the right way...
their staminda bar will stay high, therefore they will be more powerfull during the gameplay
this is just a simple demostation to the spammers that they shouldnt spam, cause it costs gameplay advantage...
unless spamming makes them win at a certain point and they do it outta desparation...
so not always... NOT ALWAYS => just like the show ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if people complain about beam spam why not complain about melee spam? "he keeps on advance meleeing me and i can't do anything about it!"

i say stop the whinning, it's a game come on now. there's no reason you can't pull off the same tactics. it just shows how little skill they have.. all you have to know is that you can do much better.. kick his arse and go on your way

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tell me whats more like the show:
1) someone fires a huge blast and then fires it again very slowly.
or
2) someone fires a huge blast and then he is tired so he doesn't move.

Best answers
I personally agree with this idea. And I'm hoping the beams get a LOT bigger, as discussed on a few other popular threads. Then beams wouldn't be "spamming nukes", as many have described.

Best answers
only beams that should have this are the SBC, Final Flash, Kamehameha, Kakusan (krillin's scatter beam), Masenko (should be more powerful).

Gallit Gun (should be alot more powerful) Death Ball, Big Bang Attack, Shinkikouhou (for tenshinhan but will take more hp away the more you use it)

Best answers
i like the idea...not only because it would reduce beam spam considerably...but because it almost forces ppl to use something other than beams...like was stated b4...theres nothing more annoying than a super buu or a ssj vegeta sitting at the edge of a big map like esf_tom and shooting into a group of like 5 or 6 ppl that are meleeing and killing every last one of em...

Best answers
Why add in another bar? Beams take Ki. People can spam because they have access to an (almost) instantly rechargeable infinite pool of Ki. Beam, recharge, Beam, recharge, etc.

In DBZ, they COULDN'T afford to Beam Spam because their Ki didn't recharge instantly. Untransformed in particular, it took a damn ****load of effort to fire a fully charged Kame wave. And you don't see them doing it twice in a row because their Ki just doesn't come back fast enough. You'd be suprised how many problems can be traced back to this infinite ki.

But the Team wants a fast game, above a strategic game.

Best answers
Orbit said:
Tell me whats more like the show:
1) someone fires a huge blast and then fires it again very slowly.
or
2) someone fires a huge blast and then he is tired so he doesn't move.
none,
if u think that 1 of them is, the name the episode number
if its the 2nd final flash in the series which was the 1st vs cell...
(the first final flash as much as I know was against Rik(t)um)
if cell would try to attack Vegeta after that final flash, then I suppose he would move

and if some1 fires a huge blast at another character then the other is stunned...
which is a perfect opprotunity for the other character to spam him while he isnt ongurd!

backontopic - oh and BAHHH I didnt know this was suggested b4...
there goes for originallity,

anywaytion in your theard there wasnt any team members to post if they like the concept of the stamina bar idea

and as what I see it atm not in this one as well :(

[align=center]EDIT:[/align]
Bihal said:
Why add in another bar? Beams take Ki. People can spam because they have access to an (almost) instantly rechargeable infinite pool of Ki. Beam, recharge, Beam, recharge, etc.

In DBZ, they COULDN'T afford to Beam Spam because their Ki didn't recharge instantly. Untransformed in particular, it took a damn ****load of effort to fire a fully charged Kame wave. And you don't see them doing it twice in a row because their Ki just doesn't come back fast enough. You'd be suprised how many problems can be traced back to this infinite ki.

because in the show they had much more Ki then in the game, and Im not talking about the ki level,
Im talking about the amount of it!
in the show they needed special time to rest and powerup again
like in the movie 12 and in kid buu vs vegeta...
goku had to powerup, and that thing took him a lot of time, 1 minute
while in the game I suppose that max - it'll take about 20 seconds, but not more
despite of that they could use ki attacks much more then we do on esf
thats explains not only the 50% misbalancing between the energy as it is in the show,
this makes it 100% misbalancing!!! cause not only the way of ki recharging,
but also the amount of energy used everytime...

Best answers
If this were to be implied, I would want the same thing to happen to advance melee, as I am getting tired of people coming up and doing the SAME COMBO OVER AND OVER!

Other then that, the idea is alright. But people will still whine about beams.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RoshkoMasta said:
if cell would try to attack Vegeta after that final flash, then I suppose he would move
You are wrong. The first time we see FF is against cell and you see there that vegeta couldn't even move his hands. And even in #174 vegeta renzokus cell and you see he is tired after that so he waits and does renzoku again.
And why the attacked person is stunned?

Back on topic: you meant my thread? http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=43956
It has a solution for the problem you stated.

Best answers
Bihal said:

You also don't see them charging up unless they are raising there ki.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
exactly the ONLY reason they powered up was to raise their ki, strength, speed. They had an already set amount of energy. Whenever they would perform moves that would deplete their strength THEN they would lose energy. Example goku kept firing or doing the renzoku on cell. He became tired because he used up ENERGY. Wasn't he spamming small blasts? Of course they could beam spam in the show, they just would lose more energy.

But the game isn't set up like that. You refill more of an ENERGY bar automatically than KI.

If you want it more like the show two things would have to change. The way energy was made and the charging up ability

The ki would be an ENERGY bar and it would have to drain super slow, whereas doing melee wouldn't take a lot from it, maybe simple melee should take out more than advanced melee. Also, swooping wouldn't take a lot. When you do a signature move blasts or beam, it would take out a lot, but depending on the charge, it would have to be a bigger beam and blast radius anD NOT NOT NOT insta kill unless there's a significance power difference or fully charged. THat means the charging bar would have to be MUCH slower.

The energy bar would barely move up. So if you fire 3 consecutive beams, you probably couldn't do it again for a while because you don't have the energy. A way you can recharge your energy would to stand still or eat a sensu bean.

THe powerup reason for being there would be to raise PL and not recharge energy. But i highly doubt that these would change. So just stop the beam whining. Everyone can do it, just shoot one back at the guy in the corner. Everyone who died could team up.

Best answers
You only ever see them powering up to raise their POWER LEVEL.
Transforms raised their amount of Ki also. Ki means your energy. So you basically suggested what I did kingkong. Nice work ;)

But you're right, like I said they want a fast game.

Best answers
Orbit said:
You are wrong. The first time we see FF is against cell and you see there that vegeta couldn't even move his hands. And even in #174 vegeta renzokus cell and you see he is tired after that so he waits and does renzoku again.
well... just a small thing I'd like to mention -
NO!!! YOU ARE WRONG! not about teh tired thingy, we can still argue on that one

ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE FIRST FINAL FLASH THAT WE EVER SAW ON THE SHOW WAS THE ONE AGAINST RIKUM!

now if thats not a final flash stance then wtf is it?

maybe he did ff b4 I dunno but this has to be a ff and earlier then the one he did against cell, obviously!

anyways that just a prove that Vegeta knew Final Flash even B4 entering the ROSAT!

Best answers
Right, SayianPrideXIX
Your idea is good, i along with many others would like to see this "beamspamming" put to an end.
Lengthing the time each time you fire the same beam is a good and quick solution.

My solution.. (hear me out) would be to change the ki powerup system.

Current Problem: At the moment beams, teleport, and everything ki related can be "spammed" due to the fact people can regain all there ki within a couple of seconds. If you keep your distance, ki is effectively "infinite" with a few small jerky bursts of powerup.

Solution: Increase the Ki pool, but also Lengthen the Ki charge up time. (i.e 10 seconds)
+ attacks (such as beams and teleport) wouldn't be spammed, people would be more careful with there energy
+ people would have longer, smoother fights
+ powering up would be more dbz realistic
+ beams would have more chance of *actually* hitting since teleporting would eventually tire you out leaving you not much time to powerup and teleport, thus more people would block (omg beamstruggles?!?!)

It'd make alot of sense to revamp the ki system, and fix alot of problems that there are at the moment.

Best answers
*cough* most pplz (over 80% that I've played against) do beam explosion b4 it hits their opponent so it wont struggle *cough*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom