[Old PotW] 8.21.2011

Best answers
It's an amazing idea or I believe you guys are really considering it so let's call it the Plan. lol, my only if about it is the animation work and the idea of blocking attacks while not even facing the said attack. I could understand very well a wall of aura being a defense shield relying heavily on KI consumption. But I'd like to make a suggestion for the "Return" animation or Winning the struggle, since it'd be extremely weird to see somebody successfully win a struggle just to see the energy attack "Fly" up and Over his head would just be weird. Directional defense should be considered in this case, Block attack while facing the opposite direction sends it into five directions Up - Down - Left - Right - Backwards. which could be made to arch in any direction with momentum of course. Such as the stronger the Ki for defense the harder / faster the attack will travel when deflected. Also if struggled at the side, the only option and BEST option would be a single handed struggle with a turned torso. Firing off this struggle with a win would easily be sent in any direction except to the back of the character due to limbs not bending in such manners. But imagination could pull it off with some tweaking of raise hand to deflect it over-head but you won't be targeting anybody behind you most likely, Just saying.

So yeah, that's my biggest worry on the plan. The feel, look and reality of it... if this even makes sense...3am and still trying to maintain my victory over sleep lol.

Earlier when the picture was posted I pretty much figured it out and wanted to post the answer but damn internet shut out on me. XD If need be I can explain what I mean a little better with more details as in a short story if nobody understands? lol I'm bored, sorry! Anyways post done! Good job ESF! Love you guys so much!

PS: Got a donation area? donating to you hard workers would be a pleasure, not for perks. lol Peace! \\//

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh so very close. The difference "actively engaged" and "minding their own business" makes :smile:

Hows that then?

All in all i would like to thank everyone for participating in this lovely event :p

Hope you like the feature when its finished.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
PS: Got a donation area? donating to you hard workers would be a pleasure, not for perks. lol Peace! \\//
Sorry for the offtopic but do you actually have a donation area? I wouldnt mind donating some money to you guys. I dont need anything in Xchange just wanna pay my respects to the team

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There used to be a way to donate to the mod, but it was taken down. Dutchmeat apparently donated and got FP access a week or so ago, so you've got to ask Skyrider about donations.

Best answers
Donating would be nice, only of course it goes to the team and furthers the development and makes the creators happy! XD But yeah, in your next meeting you should bring up the donation conversation, of course let us donate with Paypal! lol My wife would beat the hell out of me if I used our bank card. >=(

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The donation area was open all the time that we were paying for the server. Since the server is now free, we no longer need it.

@skriverj The picture is made so that you are struggling the attack in the first part. If you are blocking and an attack hits you in the back itll still blow up. Just that now your character will be stuck facing the attack, while you move the camera round, to aim where to shoot it off if you win against it.

As for the up and over animation shown in the picture. We all agreed that thats not how itll work. We will have a different effect for it.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well our server is not exactly free, I for instance pay for it, nontheless we won't take any donations as we do not want to gain any kind of money out of this project. So there won't be any donations anytime soon. Not to the team nor to any individual members of the team.

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You're taking the 'free' part to the next level. Though I think that donations would be welcome to you no matter what.
It's not forcing people to buy your stuff, but at least you got something for your time. Right?

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's not about that we couldn't use it. It's about that we can't take it for various reasons.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's not about that we couldn't use it. It's about that we can't take it for various reasons.
*cough*FUNimation*cough*

Best answers
well our server is not exactly free, I for instance pay for it, nontheless we won't take any donations as we do not want to gain any kind of money out of this project. So there won't be any donations anytime soon. Not to the team nor to any individual members of the team.
Except for Phil. If you feed your youngest sibling to your rabbit, it will make him smirk.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can definitely take money for forum upkeep. Hell, somethingawful charges people just to be on the forum.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What's the big fuss of not accepting donations, thereee are millions of ways to do it like paypal and western union... ;d

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It isn't the how they're worried about. It's the possible implication that they'd be accepting money for working on a game based on something else without their express approval. That's why it makes sense to accept donations to keep the forum running, as the forum is a separate and different user experience that occasionally says "Hi!" to the mod, but not much else.

Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
is it possible to defend yourself against two energy balls:s

Discord Member
Best answers
i have an idea. why focus on trying to move the ki ball around when you can just move the model around it. kind of like a pivoting system. might be easier and more effective

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have an idea. why focus on trying to move the ki ball around when you can just move the model around it. kind of like a pivoting system. might be easier and more effective
:paper:

We settled on something other than the attack moves round the player mechanic as depicted in the pictures though.
We settled on something other than the attack moving above the head of the blocker but the mechanic allows you to deflect the attack in any direction, even behind you if you win the block struggle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom