[Old PotW] 8.21.2011

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ingame clock does't work as well as I expected, it's only got one hand!

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
This is pretty basic theory, but I'm just gonna put it out there.
Looks like you launch a ball of energy and it hits the other player.
Thats what I'm seeing anyways.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I know, this is relativly straight forward. This basically shows the theory of particle-wave duality, as you can see, an electron when fired under the eye of an observer stays as a particle. Reference's to the double slit experiment is used here as it shows that when the person 'fired' the electron, the arrows represented the path the electron took. Normally this large electron should turn into a wave but there was an observer which in this case is about to be blown up to bits.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Picture #1: The player is looking at the enemy while there is an energy ball flying at him.
Picture #2: The player deflects the ball without looking at it, launching it away from both of them.
Picture #3: The player seems to have put some of his own force into the energy to make it controlled like the Spirit Ball (Yamcha's Attack).
Picture #4: The energy ball seems to maybe be Homing on the enemy aimed at.
Picture #5: The energy ball his the enemy.

For some reason it makes it sound like you use one hand to deflect it and can still shoot a blast with the other. Maybe you use a homing attack to hit the ball at the enemy.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Uhm my guess goes to the Force!

rather locking on to a independant attack and using it at your will? :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It appears to me as if the black stick figure is being attacked by an energy projectile attack by a 3rd party individual while being engaged with someone. They deflect said attack which then continues slightly off of it's previous course and instead is directed at the person previously targeted by the individual who was initially attacked from the 3rd party. That said, person 2 then has to deal with defending against the attack which may have a greater chance to hit with greater damage post deflection by the initial target.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There were a few really close ones so ill explain it. Cookies for all that mentioned block struggle and redirection though ;)

The mechanic is a 360° attack redirection possibility on winning a block struggle. Basically it will no longer blow up in your face if you turn the camera to much in any direction. Hars drew up that picture while we were discussing possibilities of how to get the blocked attack past the blocking player without making it go directly through him. We settled on something other than the attack moves round the player mechanic as depicted in the pictures though.

But to explain the pictures.
1.) Player A is struggling an attack looking at player B, while player B is minding his own business.
2.) Player A wins the struggle still aiming at player B, so the attack moves up over the head of player A
3.) The attacks trajectory is adjusted because of the repositioning after the struggle to go towards player B
4.) Attack flies off into the direction of player B
5.) Player B gets hit with the attack, blows up and player A is laughing maniacally XD

We settled on something other than the attack moving above the head of the blocker but the mechanic allows you to deflect the attack in any direction, even behind you if you win the block struggle.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, in the picture player A obviously doesn't look like he's struggling that attack. If both of his hands were pointed into that ball, then sure.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, in the picture player A obviously doesn't look like he's struggling that attack. If both of his hands were pointed into that ball, then sure.
And that's why Harsens is a coder.

Best answers
My guess is like when the Spirit Bomb was avoided by Vegeta after jumping up in the air, it was flying towards Gohan and then Gohan bounced the ball back upwards towards Vegeta, leaving him totally effed up as we all know what happens. :p

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My guess is like when the Spirit Bomb was avoided by Vegeta after jumping up in the air, it was flying towards Gohan and then Gohan bounced the ball back upwards towards Vegeta, leaving him totally effed up as we all know what happens. :p
Grega already explained what's that.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Off: So wheres my cookie? :D

There were a few really close ones so ill explain it. Cookies for all that mentioned block struggle and redirection though ;)

The mechanic is a 360° attack redirection possibility on winning a block struggle. Basically it will no longer blow up in your face if you turn the camera to much in any direction. Hars drew up that picture while we were discussing possibilities of how to get the blocked attack past the blocking player without making it go directly through him. We settled on something other than the attack moves round the player mechanic as depicted in the pictures though.

1.) Player A is struggling an attack looking at player B, while player B is minding his own business.
2.) Player A wins the struggle still aiming at player B, so the attack moves up over the head of player A
3.) The attacks trajectory is adjusted because of the repositioning after the struggle to go towards player B
5.) Player B gets hit with the attack, blows up and player A is laughing maniacally XD

We settled on something other than the attack moving above the head of the blocker but the mechanic allows you to deflect the attack in any direction, even behind you if you win the block struggle.
On: My questions is, besides the scouter which shows what attacks are incoming, how do you know if lets say player C is shooting at you when you are locked on to player B? Don't think everybody will be watching the scouter all the time. Is there like a proximity warning? Like in shooters when the side from which the attack is coming turns slightly red?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On: My questions is, besides the scouter which shows what attacks are incoming, how do you know if lets say player C is shooting at you when you are locked on to player B? Don't think everybody will be watching the scouter all the time. Is there like a proximity warning? Like in shooters when the side from which the attack is coming turns slightly red?
If you're too busy to look at your scouter, you're too busy to live.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're too busy to look at your scouter, you're too busy to live.
This. An obsession with the scouter and your surroundings is what separates the great players from the ****ty ones. Situational awareness, gents. It saves lives.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Cool indeed i just wonder how you guys gonna make it look ingame...
Can imagine its hard to do or thats what i think lol

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!!! ITS WHERE BABIES COME FROM!!!?!?!?!
Generally speaking, if you are going to make a joke post, make an attempt to post on topic within that same post. Otherwise, this post is SPAM.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

It appears to me as if the black stick figure is being attacked by an energy projectile attack by a 3rd party individual while being engaged with someone. They deflect said attack which then continues slightly off of it's previous course and instead is directed at the person previously targeted by the individual who was initially attacked from the 3rd party. That said, person 2 then has to deal with defending against the attack which may have a greater chance to hit with greater damage post deflection by the initial target.
Oh so very close. The difference "actively engaged" and "minding their own business" makes :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom