Community Project: Operation Tien

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
donnierisk said:
Dodon ray, what's that? First time that I heard of that attaack, I hope it's good and thanks for the infos.
Played the Budokais?
Also, looking at the animation list, you can find his attacks for ESF.
BTL might have more though :O

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I see at the bottom, alright then ill take his solarflare and tribeam, both charge and control animations.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remeber someone sayying he was going to get khh as he had a sound for it in the old thread =S.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He could have Kamehameha, he learned it from Yamcha using his third eye. Or he could have an ability to actually learn attacks like Buu.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
He could have Kamehameha, he learned it from Yamcha using his third eye. Or he could have an ability to actually learn attacks like Buu.
Was this in dragonball?.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Z watered down Tien a lot. ESF allows Dragon Ball stuff though, doesn't it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After much research, I have come to a conclusion.

The show makes Tri-Beam a beam.

The Budokais make tri-beam a blast, a.k.a. Blast cannon.

While watching different times when Tien used Tri-Beam, there was only ONE TIME out of many where the attack cast 3 spinning shadows. That was on Semi-Perfect Cell.

However, I remember now that in the Cell Games Saga, the Cell Jrs. used tri-Beam on Gohan. The attack was clearly a normal beam type attack. Nothing fancy. It didn't look like a triangle beam, nor was it 3 sources of light like we originally thought.

Tri-Beam keeps changing appearence, but the Cell Jrs. using the attack actually gives us an actual view of the attack, which, apparently, is a fast-moving beam.

However, in Budokai, the attack is called "Blast Cannon." The attack isn shown as a blast/ball attack. Blast Cannon is the real official name of the attack. Not Tri-Beam. However, Tri-Beam is more popular than Blast Cannon.

So here's my proposal.

We'll make Tri-Beam in 2 forms. Main form is a beam and it'll be called Tri-Beam. 2nd form is a blast and it'll be called Blast Cannon. Same attack, 2 different forms.

That way, it's easier to sprite, makes all the fans happy, and we can stop trying to do intense research on the attack, because the attack has been seen as both a beam and a blast in the series, so why not give it both forms?

So that gives Tien both a beam and a blast right at the start. So what about Dodon Ray?

Well, seeing as how Dodon Ray is more like a laser than a beam, I was thinking of making it a chargable hit-scan attack with a blast radius. In other words, take Frieza's Rapid-fire laser (it has a blast radius), recolor it to look like dodon ray, let it be chargable, and then fire away. Since it's so fast and it's not rapid-fire, it cant really be spammed, but it can still be used like Frieza's and Piccolo's lasers, but be in it's own unique class. Neither frieza's nor Piccolo's lasers can be charged. Thats what will make Tien's dodon ray a bit more unique.

Now then. Since Tri-Beam SHOULDN'T be controllable (like how they plan on fixing SBC so it's attached, but cant be controlled), this would give tien a bit of a disadvantage since he has no controllable beams other than gen beam. Frieza is the same way, but he makes up for it by gaining Death Ball. So, why not give Tien the same treatment?

Rather than making him have Third-Eye, why not stick to a basic, well rounded addition with Kamehameha after he transforms?

Now, before you think this'll make tien overpowered, let me run a few things by you again.

Tien's Attacks and how they should be executed

1) Tri-Beam = Tri-Beam's main function. Powerful attack with a fast speed. Cannot be controlled, but can be used in a power struggle. Very Long Charge though.

2) Blast Cannon = Tri-Beam's secondary function. Not nearly as powerful, but has a faster charge. Blast attack. Faster speed than tri-Beam.

3) Dodon Ray = Hit-Scan attack (instant attack) that's chargable. Not too powerful, but has its uses since it's instant. Blast radius added since it's a bit more beam-like than other lasers, but still a laser of its own class.

4) Kamehameha = Gained after transforming. You all know how this works.

5) Solar Flare = Duh.

So, this would give Tien 2 beams, Solar Flare, 1 laser, and 1 blast. 1 beam is controllable and the other is not. This would make Tien extremely versatile in many situations and would not be overpowered as long as the attacks balance with each other. And seeing as tien would only have 1 transformation, he'd take a while before learning Kamehameha so Tri-Beam would be used quite often.

So, how does this sound to everyone? It would reduce the amount of animations needed (since third-eye would require an animation for every blockable attack), it would make spriting easier, and coding only 5 attacks in rather than *lists a long list* for Tien would make it easier on the team. He'd be balanced, Versatile, and easier to work with while still being a fan favorite in the game.

Questions? Comments? Smart-ass remarks?

Best answers
Looks great! But out of curiosity.. do you plan on implementing any health loss when using tri-beam (blast cannon?)? The attack was always rather powerful in DBZ, and to keep it form being spammed in the show, every shot physically hurt him. Also, when looking through the triangle shape he made with his hand, he could so called "zoom-in", like using a sniper scope. He does this on kid goku (DB?), as well on imperfect cell.

One more thing, Tien is able to fire shot after shot of tri-beam (blast cannon?).. why not make it to where he could do this as well. Say.. charge up the beam with left click and fire it, then say 1-2 seconds after you can fire a second and third shot consecutivly. Each shot would cost more KI (double or 1.5 times original), do a set amount of less damage, and maybe also cost a set amount of health to use.

I dunno, this just sorta sprung into my head. But.. great ideas logan!
I can post some short clips of some of this stuff later, to better explain what I mean.

^^For reference, even though logan posted before this. =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think health-loss is necessary, and I think a rapid-fire would make it overpowered. Simplicity is the way to do.

Best answers
Okay then, I don't have to dig up any clips then. =P
Good luck with the project!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great ideas logan and I actually like that idea of kenny83, but it's fine, I can't wait for him to be added, especially if he's like Logna said!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
I dont think health-loss is necessary, and I think a rapid-fire would make it overpowered. Simplicity is the way to do.
How about exhaustion then? Power up the beam, cannon...whatever, you get my point. And have a line on the charge up bar every few inches. Each line would mean 1 Tri-beam attack. (Up to like...3 attacks) So Tien will fire, wait 1 second, fire again, wait 1 second, fire again. During this time, Tien should not be able to move (thus being vulnerable to other team mates of the enemy team/other players) and afterwards Tien will be "exhausted", thus not being able to move.
The amount of time he is exhausted depends on how many beams he will have fired. If he fired 3 beams, he will be exhausted up to 3 seconds, giving other players time to attack Tien.

I got this idea because when Tien was firing this attack on Cell multiple times, each blast exhausted him. So:

Advantages, strong attack, multiple rapid fire attack, thus making it versitale and unique.
Disadvantages, renders you unable to move while and after firing.

Best answers
Thats basically the same thing I just said.. instead of stamina loss instead of health. >.< Good idea, though. I think Logan intends to stick with his orignal idea though. :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not exactly, because with the health idea, Tien would still be able to move after he does the attack, and any good player will still be able to play for quite some while if they have less health. However, exhaustion would really put anyone at a disadvantage, no matter how good or bad you are, everyone has the same chances because you can't move.

Best answers
Oh... I forgot to include that he couldn't move. I just thought it had been implied by everyone (see the picture I included). But, thats understandable. Man... I really hope the animations get done. I would love to see this included.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I said after he does the attack, not during the attack. He would become a bit overpowered if he gets that attack and still be able to move while powering up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom