3D Studio Max, Low poly tutorial.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not hidden, its at the top of the screen, on the right hand side.

Best answers

o_O was bored =P

nice tut [found the arm section more usefull, chest took me 45 mins, just using the ref]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks really good =] 45 mins isnt a bad time at all, but you could easily speed it up to 20.

i should really do a video tutorial =/

Best answers
thanks ;), I wasnt really goin for speed hehe, Mainly wanted to get it right,

I like the bit on the shoulders, made puttin the arm on soo much easier than normal... Usually I work from the shoulder out to the hand, This was much less complicated, and had a better result, building the shoulder as an attachment from the body to the arm ;)

normally arms / shoulders take me a while [I usually model fairly slow anyhow], this took me like an hour and a half - 2 hours to build the arm and slap it on the chest.
Which wasnt bad at all.

made for a fun lil project.

^_^

Now i gotta build some legs and a head to go on this xD

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
looks really good =] 45 mins isnt a bad time at all, but you could easily speed it up to 20.

i should really do a video tutorial =/
Video Tutorials are quicker to learn with, but it takes longer to make. Decide what you want. I think a Video Tutorial would be nice. Mostly because you don't have to take time and type, you just speak D:

Best answers
I like both.. Only prob with video tuts, is that you have to try and pause and replay something like 20 times, it gets really annoying. Especially if the person makin the tut has like 20 kids laughing during the presentation lol.

http://www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials/max/joanofarc/joanmenu.asp

that there is one of my favorite tutorials. Must have taken a TON of work, but its a great tut. Especially for Determined n00bies like i was when i found it XD [only diff between then and now .. is that im less determined .. rofl, and i know how to use the cut tool... hahaha >.<]

EDIT :

lol ok im just screwing around with this now, hehe

just wanted to see what it would look like with a head, and I decided he neede a green mohawk ... -shrug- lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that tut is world-famous bile :) ... Green mohawk ftw!

Kaz

Best answers
How do you make the cylinder in that shape? Kinda squashed a bit. :confused:

Kaz

Best answers
Got it, although I still will probably need some help in the next few steps :smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
please try not to double post in future, use the edit button. thank you.

Kaz

Best answers
Ok here we go, wheres the mirror tool? I can't find it circled on your page anywhere so....I looked at every tool and still couldn't find it. Maybe I'm just blind and it's starring me right in the face.
Help! :]

Oh sorry, I don't post often. :(

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey, you can use mirror one of two ways (3 if you know the keyboard shortcut) 1st is in the top toolbar in max towards the right hand corner where there are 2 triangles, one grey, one red, with a red line between them. Or you can go to your tools menu (next to edit) and select mirror from there.

btw.... why is this not stickied anymore?

Kaz

Best answers
Ah, thanks Davidskiwan.

Ah, another problem ;/
The white framing you have around yours doesnt appear in mine and when I mirror it both sides are transparent. And I have no idea what to do in step 8 :(
Damn I always have so many problems. Sorry.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was part of the great sticky clearup of '05. Don't worry, this thread won't be locked if it doesn't get responded in for two weeks. It's immortal, just not at the top of the page anymore.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
K finally i get 3dsm use and i needed a tut and i thought about this one, pretty good one :D thanky gir

well after this post i wont be active here on these forums anymore

thanks again gir :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
which version of max are you using? 3ds or g?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
select a row of edges (lines) > Right mouse click > connect
however Gmax doesnt have this function.. i think..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom