3D Studio Max, Low poly tutorial.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
demiguise, the point is that by that point, all you need to do is use the skills already mentioned in the tutorial to get to that point. you dont need to be told step by step. you can just use everything uve already learned. because nothing new is needed.

your mesh is fine so far. just remember, that the whole point isnt to create a clone of what ive made. your aiming to make your own work.

Best answers
hey demi, dunno if u seen what i posted in my other thread by here it is again.

"while in edit poly mode, you can use the cut tool while your in edge selection. This will let you add a extra row of poly's by cutting it in. You can then just move the vertices too suit your ref more."

Best answers
yeah i got that :/
Maybe im just not made of the good stuff in modelling chars D:

Ill just keep at it for a bit :/ Just gets a bit annoying when your guy looks messed up a bit

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha it takes practice man...

many a time ive had to start over from scratch

Best answers
HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! FREE! YEAH RIGHT! try 4000 $ pal!

im sorry but no it isnt.... for most people that is .... loophole maybe?... sorry ive said to much

Best answers
This tutorial can basically be used along with gmax. (Cut down version of 3d studio max, its free.) http://www4.discreet.com/gmax/

Just keep practicing people, everyone mess's up sometimes. I started modeling with the box tutorial with milkshape D;.

Best answers
i dont get these step:
now, using the vertex editing tools, first work in the front viewport, positioning the vertecies to the outside of the referance (this includes the vertecies on the inside of the mesh, so as to keep your polyflow neat). Then, work on the side, being sure to do the same thing. notice how ive used the middle column of vertecies to show the spinal movement of the model (yes even models need to be postured correctly). observent people will notice that there is an extra row of edges/verts that i needed to help the shape in the front viewport. to create these, i selected the ring of edges shown, right clicked the mesh, and clicked connect. this created an extra rown connecting all the selected edges. your mesh should look roughly like this. but if it doesnt, dont worry. as long as its close
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/1397/99nv.jpg
i dont know how to edit the half cylinder oO

Best answers
Hey Mad_axman when i click on the words this thread it doesnt take me to the pic of the torso and it says no thread specified. How come?

Best answers
probibly because you like the Gynue Force :\ lol OR you have a pop up blocker on witch i use to and it stoped me from the pop up clicks that these forums use try turning it off, or mabey the pics have expried?? lol

Best answers
Yeah plz could u help me, some fo the pics don't work

and i need them

Best answers
The link that takes you to the pics dose not work on the first tutorial HELP!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gir.. edit the 1st post with these pic links.. would save some troubles

Best answers
no i had that torso, but it was some of the other pics :]

but i think they are working now ;D
i will try and model some one l8r! :laff:

EDIT: i still can't do it, look what happens.....

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=notworking2pi.jpg

In the front view, i can't see the ref drawing, but in the perspective i can
How do i fix this??
or do it???

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
where it says "front" right click there and click smooth+hightlights

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom