1st person scouter

Best answers
The scouter should have a second mode to find exactly where an enemy is. Ist person mode.

Toggle 1st person mode, turn on the scouter, and instead of the scouter appearing at the side of the screen, the scouter covers the whole screen. Look around. If you see a teammate, there will be a green square around him with his current power level above it. Enemies have a red square around them.

I think this mode will give a more authentic DBZ feel to the mod.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had thought about this before, it would look really cool!
You could make it work just like the Saiyan Scouters on DBZ.
And then 1st person mode would be really fun to use!

Mog

Best answers
this is a really good idea... but if the whole screen goes green it would get a bit annoying. :scared: (guess the color could be changed a bit tho)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, but I don't think really anyone uses 1st person. I know I would if the Scouter would work like this. ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wouldn't it only be on half the screen, since he's only wearing one scouter, and since a scouter goes only over one eye?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
interesting idea, though I am not sure I could stand having all of or half my screen green or any other color...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First person mode is difficult to use with beams . . . the glare obscures the screen.

Best answers
Well the green could discourage people from using the scouter too much. Or if you don't like half the screen being green, just use the original mode. :)

BTW: Does anyone from the esf team even look at these threads?

@pu

Best answers
Cool idea but only half the screen because of what Sierra Sonic said

Best answers
The scouter mode is ez enough as it is. I cant even fathom someone saying it needs to be easier so I tried to cover my eyes when I read that part. I dont care how cool any idea is if it doesnt do anything good for gameplay.

Mog

Best answers
it makes the gameplay more realistic... err, not that dbz is real... realistic in an unrealistic kinda way.
the main point is... why should it not be added? no harm having more stuff... :yes:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it. It may just require some thoughtful camera placement, or changing a few variables while in first person so that you aren't blinded.

Best answers
Moronne, this idea was not to make the game easier. It is supposed to make it more fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kinda like this idea, but I don't like it being only in 1st person, maybe just like another scouter mode. We have 3 atm, one more wouldn't be too bad IMO.

By the way, about that half screen stuff: cover your left eye with your hand... you don't have half the vision now do you? :D I think the scouter should get like 50% transparent fullscreen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about instead of making the scouter the size of the screen (proportionately bad idea anyhow...), you just make the whole screen becone the scouter view. It doesn't even have to be first person.

Maybe you shouldn't be able to attack in this mode, either; it'd be awful easy to hit stuff if it was practically highlighted just by looking through the scouter.

Maybe this would be better for say, finding where someone's hiding. Like, if they have a high enough power level, or say if they are boosting, the first person scouter view will put a box around where they are (and maybe a little readout of name, class, and PL) even if they are behind a building or something. That way it would actually have a use instead of a novelty.

I'm no coder but I am a computer whore, and I think this might be a bit difficult to code...but even so.

I'm not gonna say it's a brilliant innovative incredible idea...but it certainly wouldn't suck if it were added, which means I can live with it. And by making it so it can only see boosting/powered up/high level players within a certain distance, it actually could kill two birds with one stone (first person scouter AND that whole "hide your PL" thing people keep *****ing for).

Well either way. I'm not gonna protest to have it in, but I think it might be a decent addition. As long as we have the option to not use it, it can't really hurt the gameplay, because we have the choice, and if it stinks no one will use it.

Best answers
Would like to have a scouter on the half of the screen, then it's easier to find out where those lame beamers are hiding. It would be good if you couldn't attack in this mode. Maybe a little hard to code, but it would be an improvement for the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom