16 and drink in Holland or 16 in USA and drive?

Best answers
It has really been a while since posting, finally got through the tests for the Marines, but lets just get to the point.

What would you like more?
be 16 in Holland en be able to drink alcohol and party your arse off.
or be 16 in USA or Canada and be able to Crash your ass off...

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Where I live it can be considered an offence to the 'Teenager's Code' to not have at least one drink before you turn 18. Being legal removes the thrill. O_O

What I'm trying to say is that its very easy to drink at 16 and get away with it. Driving, on the other hand, is impossible to do at 16. 17? Yes.. 16? Nooooo. So I think I'd take the good old US of A or Canada just because they give me a choice I wouldn't have had.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People make alcohol out to be such a bigger deal then it really is.

It's just alcohol. Booze. Liquid that tastes bad, unless it's really expensive, and doesn't do anything positive.

It's not something to "rebel" over, it's not something that you're "cool" for drinking, people who drink constantly are sad, depressing, pathetic people.

Driving is okay, but I personally believe someone should be over twenty before allowed to drive, because teenagers crappy at driving get into accidents constantly. That's why their insurance is so much higher.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HOLLAND!!!
HOLLAND!!

:) why wait til 16, drink ur as off whenever u want ( me is 14 )
smoke a spliff dude, and relax.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:

It's just alcohol. Booze. Liquid that tastes bad, unless it's really expensive, and doesn't do anything positive.

It's not something to "rebel" over, it's not something that you're "cool" for drinking, people who drink constantly are sad, depressing, pathetic people.

Driving is okay, but I personally believe someone should be over twenty before allowed to drive, because teenagers crappy at driving get into accidents constantly. That's why their insurance is so much higher.

its not so much the teens as it is the people that turn 18 and just take the test. Those are the guys to watch out for. Driving isnt that hard. Even driving stick. I would rather be 16 and drive though because like you said, you can get drunk very easily. Driving is a different story..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got the same reasons as Engar. It's ten times harder to drive when your underage as it is to drink when your underage. So i'll stick with Canada. That way I can go hit the roads when i'm 16, and go hit the booze when i'm 16 too (but not at the same time, thats baaaaaaad).

Best answers
I only drink on the Fridays and/or Saturdays and im 16 and i dont get Sad and Depressed:S But i really think it suxx that we cant drive yet, and if you just drink in a normal way i think its okay

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i also go to the café only on friday or saturday, people always think im 16 ^_^

Best answers
SailorAlea said:

Edit: Lol ah my bad ahaha. :p I thought...nvm anyway..Ya i missed a word eheh. I apologize.

Driving is another issue, sure many teens suck at driving IF they didnt put the permit program in then many teens would be crashing. So that i somewhat agree. But you must remember YOU were once 16. So to say that is somewhat unfair to those just starting out. They will get better so on that note i would have to disagree. So if anything if i would choose...i would go for the driving. Sure its risky but so is drinking at an early age. But a lil bit too risky for my taste.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um, you pretty much got my post as wrong as you could possibly get it.

Try reading it again, and this time, pay attention to, you know.. the words.

Best answers
I dont drink alcohol to be cool, bcause its legal here. But you do have a point, Alcohol isnt dangerous as long you drink in a responsible way. And thats same as driving, it isnt dangerous as long you drive in a responsible way. But i dont want a driving license after all...i dont have the money the time and the car to do:p

Retired
Best answers
well i'm from holland, and I must say i've had some very very nice times :) but to be honest, I wouldnt mind driving when I was 16. but dont think I would trade that for 16 year old booz drinking :O.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude, that's definietly drinking your ass off. Driving a car when you're sixteen is kinda dangerous, if you ask me.

Best answers
Nither....16 year olds shouldnt be allowed near alcohol or cars....period.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
16 and drive, u can still drink when your 16, just not legally (and absolutly not when driving :fight:)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if u get caught drinking underage, they hand u a 20$ drinking ticket... if you get caught driving underage... u can say goodbye to getting your license before you're 20

Best answers
Wicked:D Wil je wiet? Rook je m puur dan rook je m duur, Rook je m dun dan rook je m minder Fun, Rook je m niet, bezuinig je in je Wiet..the theorie of the Jonko
I dont even know what happens when you got cought when drinkin or drivin underaged in Holland...But what about tuning scooters or fireworks, whats the rules in the States for that?, here in NL you get a very big ticket for driving on a too fast going scooter, i have 13 tickets of 50 euro(50 dollar) and one ticket of 230 euro and my scooter is ripped off, all my parts....and fireworks are also very illegal here:(

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd personally take driving at 16 over drinking at 16.

First of all, driving serves a purpose. Having a liscence gives you a lot more mobility and autonomy, and sometimes it's just great to go for a ride with no destination in mind.

Drinking, on the other hand, unless it's with a good meal and is tasteful (IE: not shot after shot of Smirnoff), is completely pointless, IMO. I don't see any specific reason or perk to losing your inhibitions in front of others. I could occasionally have a shot of this or a glass of that if it is tasty and refreshing, but I don't see why people are so obsessed with getting completely tanked. It only serves to make a fool of yourself in front of others and to give you one heck of a headache the next morning. At least...that's the way I see it.

Besides, you have to 18 here to BUY alcohol, not drink it.

Best answers
You really have a point there, but you dont have to be 18 to buy drinks, only the more strong booze, but beer and lighter alcoholic drinks, you can buy them when 16.
And for driving a car, it costs much money and its better for the nature and yourself if you take public transport or bike, or scooter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom