1.2 advanced melee

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You like the notion over powerlevel winning over -skill-? Wow, you must not actually play ESF a lot.

If powerlevel won over skill, EVERYONE would pick Buu in the beginning. Why would you be anyone else if, despite you being the most skillfull ESF player in the world, you'd lose to newbs with Buu, just because he starts with more power?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that would be kinda silly though coutning on pl because all the strong ppl are gunna pick on the newbies...with low pl

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One word in response to that: Tien. Did he not kick Cell form 2's ass? I think he did. Sure, it didn't hurt him, but Cell couldn't do a damn thing back, and if Tien had been up near the level of the other Z fighters it probably would have immobilized or even crushed Cell. That's how it looked to me.

Now, with regards to melee and power level: No. It doesn't make sense that only saiyans should be able to win in melee. It makes sense that they should be able to do more damage but not that they should win every time... that would be crappy at best. People who wanted to melee would all be the same characters.

Everybody needs a strength and a weakness and saiyans have better beams and more managable transformations. We can't give them melee too.

Best answers
People, you all have this whole grappling idea going.. Trunks didn't grapple with his sword. I'm sure someone could possibly grab the blade on the sides (not edges) with there palms, kinda sandwhiching it, but think about it. Grappling CAN'T be the whole new system.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
sailor thats exactly what im worried about ... if there will be no skill in 1.2 like in 1.0 and 1.1 i might aswell stop playing esf its just like howing no skill required and the one thing i loved about this mod is that u could achieve alot with ur skills in this game

Best answers
Well Sailor, if it is a ki-using system, there is just going to be another set of turtler's waiting so that they have more ki for melee struggles.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For the moment, I'd say not to automatically assume anything major about the new melee system. For as little as we know about it, it's very hard to assume anything more detailed about it, including on what basis victory is determined. We barely know anything about the system other than what we saw in Joe's dev journal, that makes it hard to assume anything technical here.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well we're not really assuming. We're using theories to guess the outcome of the release of 1.2 :p.
Anyway...what i meant was a system where its based on pl AND skill. Cuz if im at 1 mil and you at .7 mil u should be able to damage me a bit. I guess this will be my dream... :tired:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZTiMaStA said:
if there will be no skill in 1.2 like in 1.0 and 1.1 i might aswell stop playing esf its just like howing no skill required

You're offending a lot of people when you talk like that. Might want to watch your diction (word choice) a bit better. 1.1 simply requires more skill on the part of the player who isn't sitting there waiting to charge than it did in 1.0, that's all.

Edit- If any of you guys remember, PCJoe made a comment back in the day discussing how sword melee wasn't implamented yet, which is why he just hits you with it like a bat now. There will be different kinds of melee techniques for different kinds of characters, that's all I know. How many different kinds? I don't know. One for saiyans one for villains? I don't know! Stop asking me questi-- oh wait that's me. Never mind. Anyway... it'll be different, so wait and see.

Best answers
Far more different than what we actualy see in pcJoe's dev journal,but Im looking forward to 1.2,as there is a major melee overhaul :D

Meaning no more ragdoll physics....wait ragdoll physics are still there,but what the heck :D

Sad thing is that we can't force BTs or Devs to leak any information....:\ at least give us a video of the new melee system :p j/k I don't need it,I like the element of suprise

Best answers
I think we should hide all the dev's food untill they crack and give out info....

Meaning no more ragdoll physics....wait ragdoll physics are still there,but what the heck
Ragdoll physics in ESF? WTF are you talkking about?

Best answers
The ESF- Team should make the Melee like BFP, but with swoop! Look, both players swoop...... and who attack more from the right or left, or attack from the back, he will win the swoop- fight/crach^^! In this System you have to attack/fly/swoop in a circle form, and when you think you are closer to the back than the other player, you can go closer to the opponent und melee him! I hope you know what i mean^^ And that with the toggle Turbo mode, you should make it also like BFP, because it will be smoother! It should be go on as long as you press the Turbo- button, and not like now, you press it, and you have turbo all the time, and you must press it one more time to have it again... with my methode, you can hold the turbo mode, and charge (turbo mode is holded), and wehn you go out from charge, your turbo mode is holded, and you will charge again...... i hope you have understand my english and know a little bit what i mean,.... i think this melee and turbo system will be much better :rolleyes:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah its going to be the usual thing around here. just wait and see for yourself.

Best answers
Death The Jedi said:
I think we should hide all the dev's food untill they crack and give out info....

Ragdoll physics in ESF? WTF are you talkking about?
Ragdoll physics as in 'Ihityouandyougoflyingallovertheplace' style
Simply put,it's just beating people around,like now in 1.1 and in 1.0,except 1.1 had some minor changes

BTW,whoever put up the melee video,thanks,looks like someone listened to me :D

EDIT: The link to the melee video,if anyone is interested
http://mirror.oktagone.com/games/half-life/mods/esf/ESFthrowWIP.avi

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ragdoll physics can be seen in Unreal Tournament 2003. Its where the models can have any part of their body hit and realistically get swatted around. Halflife 2 shows this off as well.

Best answers
Melee was alot Better in 1.0 then it is now. IMHO(In My Humble Oppinion this does not mean i'm a ho.)i just hope in 1.2 the melee button will respond better when doing combos like it did in 1.0 also i wish they return the instant counter (even though i heard from some friend that you cna still do it but the timiing is different i have yet to figure it out)but they should put back to how it was. I dunno why they changed it in the first place, i think it has alot to do with the newbs whining about it being cheap. *scoffs* stupid......i just hope melee in 1.2 is a lot better then it is now. because to make me go from l33t to pro just because of melee must make it worse.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You think 1.0 melee was better, because they had instant block counter? ROFL.. You think you were "l33t" before with it..and not now?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Code_Blood_Red said:
Melee was alot Better in 1.0 then it is now. IMHO(In My Humble Oppinion this does not mean i'm a ho.)i just hope in 1.2 the melee button will respond better when doing combos like it did in 1.0 also i wish they return the instant counter (even though i heard from some friend that you cna still do it but the timiing is different i have yet to figure it out)but they should put back to how it was. I dunno why they changed it in the first place, i think it has alot to do with the newbs whining about it being cheap. *scoffs* stupid......i just hope melee in 1.2 is a lot better then it is now. because to make me go from l33t to pro just because of melee must make it worse.
then go play 1.0

anyway if u wanna find out about 1.2 melee the only thing u can do is wait for 1.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom