1.2 Adv. Melee vs. Simple melee (and other things)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just came off of four servers where I had less than 20 deaths and over 100 kills -_-'
Congratz to you man i guess im the best 1.2 player cause of my score :

Is he going to smash you into a wall
not verry usefull u can jump right off the wall annyway
or throw a beam at you
wow u gotta be really l33t to avoid that
Nobody used beam jump (for the most part) in 1.1, but it's popular now. Beam jump, wall jump, swoop jump, all kinds of techniques people mix together to make melee more interesting
i don't think annyone have comment against these things do u need advanced melee with these things? Nope
How could I be getting higher scores on servers in 1.2 than I was in 1.1 ...?
Quote:
How could I be getting higher scores on servers in 1.2 than I was in 1.1 ...?

That's one hell of a question you ask. Here's the answer:

Because you were slow as hell and sucked.
Lynxy explains it well
Sonic Boyster im not trying to humiliate u in annyway but u never were good in 1.1 so u really don't no ****
-------------------------------------------------------------
Ofcourse the reducing the knockback speed is good also so every n00b can make a simple combo
Swooping in every direction? good idea! double tab swoop? mabye for swooping to left right and behind but not forwards combining fast teleportation with a one tab swoop is true skill.By taken these things away and adding advanced melee which is som lame button spamming
U have taken the fun and skill out of the game
Like draylock said just tweak the 1.1 melee

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Wow, Timasta has a 1 : 6/4 radio. That means he makes 6.4 frags per every death. That's about three times as worse as what he use to have. I bet that's pure skill.

I had a 1 : 30 ratio in my first game in ESF 1.2. Does that make me the best player now? Awesome.

Best answers
Thanks for taking the thread way off topic, guys. Do me a favor and stop crying about your 'good old days.' No one cares. 1.2 and advanced melee aren't going away. Give it up. The both of you can continue playing 1.1 and be completely content. You gave your opinion; The end.

We need to get some napkins and tissue in here for these babies.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In 1.1 I think there were only two servers I ever visited where I didn't get the highest score, Tim, so whatever you are smoking you need to come off of it. I don't want to post my screenshot with 300 kills and 8 deaths with Buu.

So I just destroyed your biggest point. Care to continue, or what? Saying I was slow doesn't make any sense, you can ask 95% of the people who went up against me, so what else do you have against me?

And who cares about the difference between 300-0 (Which I never saw happen with anyone, not even the best players can outrun every kame) and 300-20? Get the hell over yourselves.

Also @tim-> Your arguments are all bogus. It's easy to avoid a beam? I'm talking about Gen beams. Anyone with enough accuracy can take you out of a swoop at close range with one no matter how strong your dellusions of grandeur are.

Walljump/etc-> I wasn't talking about advanced melee, I was talking about improvements that mix things up in 1.2 over 1.1, get your arguments straight.

Next person who flames me or anyone else in here without knowing what they're talking about is getting a warning. If you have any evidence I wasn't a good 1.1 player you could have brought that up against me, but instead you just said I was slow and sucked, and that's a pointless flame. Knock the **** off, you're turning this into personal attacks, and they aren't even legitimate.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Sonic Boyster Moving at sonic speed with teleport delay and double tab Swoop! JeeJ . Btw aren't a moderator ? are moderators supposed to go off topic ? o_O

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
And who cares about the difference between 300-0 (Which I never saw happen with anyone, not even the best players can outrun every kame) and 300-20? Get the hell over yourselves.
Not unless you don't give them the time to charge a kame. That bashing your entire post, let's move onto Halorin, since he's more of a 'tough pirate'.

So, Halorin, what made you view Maddox's site?

"Just kidding. Tool."

I wouldn't care anyway. I recall you bragging alot about your 'good old days in 1.0". Really, where were they? You mean the days of trialing for |:: Z ::| and get completely owned, which never has changed, really? Ha, nice attempt anyway.

So, how are you doing in 1.2 nowadays? Have you become 'fast' and 'skilled' yet? Hell, I'll look for you sometime, apparently the -SnS- members are fearsome. Can't wait. :)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TiMaStA said:
Sonic Boyster Moving at sonic speed with teleport delay and double tab Swoop! JeeJ . Btw aren't a moderator ? are moderators supposed to go off topic ? o_O
1-> What did I say that was off topic? (edit- Don't make a single post about it if you want to respond. Work it into another on topic post. The topic is the arguments at hand for 1.2)

2-> Warning for spam.

Edit- 3-> Warning to linxy for another pointless retarded personal attack. There's no point in bringing someone's credibility into it if you don't have evidence and it isn't relevant.

Best answers
l33t Lynxy said:
And who cares about the difference between 300-0 (Which I never saw happen with anyone, not even the best players can outrun every kame) and 300-20? Get the hell over yourselves.[/b]

Not unless you don't give them the time to charge a kame. That bashing your entire post, let's move onto Halorin, since he's more of a 'tough pirate'.

So, Halorin, what made you view Maddox's site?

"Just kidding. Tool."

I wouldn't care anyway. I recall you bragging alot about your 'good old days in 1.0". Really, where were they? You mean the days of trialing for |:: Z ::| and get completely owned, which never has changed, really? Ha, nice attempt anyway.

So, how are you doing in 1.2 nowadays? Have you become 'fast' and 'skilled' yet? Hell, I'll look for you sometime, apparently the -SnS- members are fearsome. Can't wait. :)
Wow, heh. I trialed for Z after playing ESF 1.0 for a week and got in. I ended up becoming the co-leader in Z, you ended up getting kicked out. Why are you talking out of your ass?

This is a nice message to anyone who wants 1.2 to go back to 1.1:

"Shut up and go play 1.1."

I'm tired of hearing it, and I'm sure there are a lot of other people who are, too.

If you want to 1 on 1 Lynx, fine by me, but I don't care if I win or not because it's a game. I don't need to take screenshots of me coming out on top on servers because it's not a big deal. Are your lives that pathetic that you need to come onto a game forum to gloat about how good you are at a computer game? Does that make you feel better as a person? Is your life that empty? Is that really all you have going for you? It's sad, and you should quit while you're already dismally behind.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-_-

Everyone tempts me.

Stop it now, last warning... next person that makes any comments about anyone else gets at least one solid warning and this thread will be that much closer to closed.

Again, Lynx, your argument made no sense. You can't melee everyone in the server simultaneously every 5-10 seconds, therefore someone always has time to charge a kame. 1 kame you don't see = 1 death = no 300-0

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I was talking about 1.1, darling. Don't go around dreaming.

So anyway, Halorin-kun:

After a week? Never saw you getting any better, sorry. The reason why you became a leader was because of someone had to do it. And we were all that busy 'screenshotting' you just had to be it, haha. No really, that was a good one.

Wow, you know so much about me. In fact, I wish I knew as much about me like you do. That because I haven't ever seen someone hallucinating like that. I mean, you come to that conclusion because I like to point out the obvious?

"Heh."

Oh, yeah. About me getting kicked, that was for abusing your, er, Co-Founder of SnS? Forgive me, I shouldn't have. :)

you want to 1 on 1 Lynx, fine by me, but I don't care if I win or not because it's a game.
You shouldn't care about winning or losing. I mean, you'll lose anyway. But that's a nice way to put it anyway.

Makes me wonder, though. Sonic, I got warned for a "retarded personal attack", what about him? Let's knock off the conspiracy and get real. Weeeeeeee.

Best answers
Funny thing was, I joined Z and had a better rank than everyone else but gr00vy. Hmm.. and I also quit the clan because of too many nubs kept joining. And this wasnt a week into 1.0, this was about a month before 1.1 came out. It doesn't really matter now, does it? I like how our suggestions always turn out into flame wars because people like halorin give us the ***est resolutions possible.
Hey guys go play 1.1 plz ty

Great. Suggestion. next?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another warning to Lynxy for doing it again. If you wanted my personal reasons you should have PMed me and not decided to throw out your conspiracy theory. Dray, you aren't helping. "***est resolutions possible" what is wrong with you? I said no more flames. I'll give you one last chance because that's borderline. One more crappy comment and not only is this thread sealed but I'll make an attept to give whoever says it two warnings instead of one -_-

This was almost constructive earlier. Let's return to that.

Best answers
ok this is what beef i have with 1.2...i like the double tap swoop..but i hate it when it doesnt work sometimes..the double tap isnt as fast as i would like it to be and that leaves me at times vaulnerable to hits...i hate the new system...too many people can block it..i know i rarley ever get fooled by a mellee combo...and i fight alot of people that are skilled...the new Version is way too noob freindly...by changing it like you have you have made it too noob freindly...i mean look at what u have given them...u gave them the throw option so they could use it isntead of mellee and not have to learn combo's....then u gave them the combo system...and the tele limit....and then u put in the basic mellee hit limit to prevent 1.1 combos from being done...u took the fun out of the game..and customized it to noob's liking i think the people who have played this the longest should ahve some kinda of seniority over the noobs...i mean sure they count too..but what about the "elites" of this game...the ones who practiced over and over again..to get better...dont they count too?...i remember posting about this happeneding before 1.2...and all i ever heard from everyone was "wait till 1.2...dont tlak about stuff u havent tried"i knew this would happen..just because u guys put soo many changes in the game..its not the same anymore..i get bored from it very quickly...the combo's get old...the tele limit gets annoying..so does the basic hit limit because i cant even use all the combo's i had worked so hard to learn..back in 1.1.....im frankly quiet bored with the game..and even now...i hear noobs saying stuff like "this games too confusing"...nomatter what you do there will be noobs..and they will find something to complain about....you guys fixing the game to their liking isnt gonna solve the problem..it will continue nomatter what u do...but what you should do is fix the probs that matter...like "howing"....concentrate more on howing and probs such of that matter then concentrating on making the noob's happy..because by doing that...you have made unhappy the Vets of this game..and in my mind they deserve a little more respect then the noobs...because they show loyalty to the game...alot of noobs play the gmae and if they dont like it leave..if they do they practice to get bettter...those are the people you should take your suggestions from..

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't worry about Lynx and Timasta if I were you. Both their IP's/accounts have been permanently banned for evading bans. Evade some more? Takes a second to ban more IP's.

Let's keep this STRICTLY to the topic, any other post containing a single line of off-topic content will receive subsequent warnings.

Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
ok this is what beef i have with 1.2...i like the double tap swoop..but i hate it when it doesnt work sometimes..the double tap isnt as fast as i would like it to be and that leaves me at times vaulnerable to hits...i hate the new system...too many people can block it..i know i rarley ever get fooled by a mellee combo...and i fight alot of people that are skilled...the new Version is way too noob freindly...by changing it like you have you have made it too noob freindly...i mean look at what u have given them...u gave them the throw option so they could use it isntead of mellee and not have to learn combo's....then u gave them the combo system...and the tele limit....and then u put in the basic mellee hit limit to prevent 1.1 combos from being done...u took the fun out of the game..and customized it to noob's liking i think the people who have played this the longest should ahve some kinda of seniority over the noobs...i mean sure they count too..but what about the "elites" of this game...the ones who practiced over and over again..to get better...dont they count too?...i remember posting about this happeneding before 1.2...and all i ever heard from everyone was "wait till 1.2...dont tlak about stuff u havent tried"i knew this would happen..just because u guys put soo many changes in the game..its not the same anymore..i get bored from it very quickly...the combo's get old...the tele limit gets annoying..so does the basic hit limit because i cant even use all the combo's i had worked so hard to learn..back in 1.1.....im frankly quiet bored with the game..and even now...i hear noobs saying stuff like "this games too confusing"...nomatter what you do there will be noobs..and they will find something to complain about....you guys fixing the game to their liking isnt gonna solve the problem..it will continue nomatter what u do...but what you should do is fix the probs that matter...like "howing"....concentrate more on howing and probs such of that matter then concentrating on making the noob's happy..because by doing that...you have made unhappy the Vets of this game..and in my mind they deserve a little more respect then the noobs...because they show loyalty to the game...alot of noobs play the gmae and if they dont like it leave..if they do they practice to get bettter...those are the people you should take your suggestions from..
^ This guy knows what he is talking about. I can't agree with him more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey sonic dont u think that if the wall/beam/swoop improvements were made in 1.1 system it would have improved gameplay there?

EDIT- What I'm saying is what a lot of guyz said be4 - U had fun in 1.1 and u saw 1.2 improvements so dont u think u should give it a shot? Just see how 1.1 could work with some 1.2 additions and some minor tweaks to the melee.
I'm for the suggestion of letting whoever wants 1.2 melee have it and whoever wants 1.1 melee have it 2 in some way...

Best answers
Chang Wufei said:

I can understand your lament, believe me. But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Keep in mind, the 1.2.1 patch is already set to speed things up in terms of fast and furious gameplay. Various annoyances like beam camping and the double taps not being as clutch as some would like is being looked into. In fact, I think it's already fixed. That's going to be more responsive. Throws have gotten something of an overhaul, and it's not going to be the one-trick pony is pretty much is now.

I don't think it was anyone's intention on making the game 'noob' friendly, it's just that the added attacks are at a base level right now, and in the future will be tweaked into fully skillful play. Given the timeframe set for everyone, I think the beta testers and the team did a damn good job in getting something playable and fun out to the community.

I have some suggestions in mind for 1.3 that I think will make advanced melee a more skillful endeavor, though I can't guarantee any of them will be put into play.

I see where you're coming from, and I agree with you on some points, but I urge you to learn the new system and have a little faith in the direction the game's going.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Orbit said:
Hey sonic dont u think that if the wall/beam/swoop improvements were made in 1.1 system it would have improved gameplay there?
Not really. 1.1 was too fast to really take advantage of wall jumps and beam jumps. Besides, I find 1.2 superior to 1.1 so I can't see quite where you're coming from.

Best answers
-Off-Topic-
About those flaming posts...can mods not delete posts or somethin?...i would think that would be easier than trying to get them to stfu.

-On-Topic-
Ive pretty much settled my arguement of the whole thing...and Chang hit the nail on the head with his post...thats how 90% of the ppl i know that have played since 1.0 feel about the direction that 1.2 has taken things...but i guess we will have to see where things go with the patch...and 1.3 as well...this thread has gone FAR past anything i woulda thought...and there were some great suggestions made...but i think its startin to turn more into an argueing your point thread than an acctuall suggestion thread...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I also suggest/think that the next release should be less noob-friendly. It makes the whole class of the game too low. If u make it higher (like in 1.1) the truly skilled players will get better in no time while the others... u know they wouldnt change much if they find it too hard.

EDIT- BTW I hope they have a copy of all that old stuff... Just in case :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom