1.2.1 bugs, the patch does wonders.

Best answers
Wow, now theres more bugs. God.

First off, something with the Ki Blobs, they arent destructing, after 2 blasts, the lowest circle it can be, it stays there.

Theres still a crashing issue, and that new map? Some object in there makes your fps go to about 2.

Yeah. GG patch

Best answers
wow ban?... probably a map in progress... and it's something they DIDNT HAVE TO ADD FOR THE PATCH so just jeez... have some respect when u present the team with 'information' god... honestly.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
hahaha im downloadin now and i doubt ill get ur god forsaken problems with it

Best answers
-_- actually you will. :p, but i mean honestly. There's a way to present a problem.. instead of going off saying "gg with the patch"...

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Draylock1 said:
Wow, now theres more bugs. God.

First off, something with the Ki Blobs, they arent destructing, after 2 blasts, the lowest circle it can be, it stays there.

Theres still a crashing issue, and that new map? Some object in there makes your fps go to about 2.

Yeah. GG patch

Let's see some system specs... it might be on your end.

Best answers
Well the patch is very nice (love that u can configure yout options now without messing around with the cfg files) but uhh:

my server keeps crashing (2/2 times), the first time i got that message and the second time the game got like frozen and i had to use the good old ctrl+alt+del combo.
dunno why it keeps crashing (not sure if it has anything to do with the patch either)...

and the new map lags like hell on different places, it looks nice though.

Comp

3.2 P4 HT
Radeon 9800XT
RAM 1024mb
Windows XP

yup thats my comp (though im not going to keep it :( ) so i don't think it's my comp that makes everything lag like hell at some places.

still, I love the new patch..
it makes ESF (wich is a great mod) more enjoyable, so keep it up esf-team.

now for some more esf patch testing :laff:

edit: forgot that everyone doesen't understand swedish :D

Bad enligsh translation: Instructions on "0x1abd392" refered to the memory on "0x0f8ad2e0". A memory measure couldn't be executed. The following error was returned: The memory could not be "read"

and guess what, it crashed again >.<

Best answers
nope, the kiblobs were giving errors. they stay at there smaller stage, and don't build or destroy...but then they started working again, so i don't know.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well the only Probs i got, is with the New Map, it laggs.
and there is something with the FX quality it always changes back during the game.
im going in the menu to change the fx quality and still its the same in the Game
only when i change it with the Console it chages the quality.
(im using STEAM)

Best answers
Nice patch they made, i have more bugs then before! O_O

First, the new forest map goes with 2 fps.
Second, the bot's don't respond on the bot menu, i tell them NOT to teleport, teleport on 0%, but they start to teleport like crazy! :p
Third, i hit a guy with melee, and i don't even get more powerlevel. :fight:

After all that time, i really expected something wonderfull, but it seems to turned out something awfull.

Sorry esf-team, but the patch is a little buggy. :S

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) If you have more patches with the patch than without, your motherboard must have started melting just prior to installation.

2.) The new map is obviously broken. It's not a bug, it's just that the team forgot to take it out. Just don't use it.

3.) I'll look into the bot menu.

As for the ki blobs, that is typically a client side visual error. It also happened in 1.2 and usually restarting your computer fixed it. I'll look into it though.

And Draylock, are you really that pissy about those two bugs, one of which isn't even a bug? Cut the mod some slack for a change. Nobody is perfect after all, and if someone would actually look at the "fixed" list for a change instead of just looking at what's broken perhaps they'd change their views. Especially you, Pool.

Best answers
I'l take my words back!

I have installed esf 1.2 full, again, and then the patch again.
And now it works!
I used the old botmenu first, but i figured out that if you use the new one, everthing is fine.
I become ssj much faster now, sorry for the fast conclusions.

So if you have great problems, just install esf 1.2 again. and then the patch, and then you can change models.

ESF- team, great job :yes:

Best answers
Okay i just played 1.2.1 and i noticed the bugs like a few as you guys did but also some others:

1 the ki blobs, if you just started your server the ki-blobs dont build up after two, however if you turn SSJ they suddenly work fine.....dont ask me why but for me they suddenly did.

2. Prepunches sound still does not work sometimes.

3. If you hit someone with prepunches sometimes the animation of him getting hit wont work, so hes standing as stif as a plank while hes getting hit.

4. Trunkses sword sometimes still does not come out/work.

5. Bots dont respond to changed settings.

6. Sometimes you gain no pl while hitting someone.

7. Crashes are more often, a bot threw a Spiritbomb into 2 players in my server and whammo complete comp crash had to reboot, was unable to go to windows. (and my comp is fine so thats not the prob)

8. The map you all know off, i get 60 (V.Sync) fps when looking up, if i look down its down to 4 fps.

9. Bots are Still invisible..?

Thats about it after 5 minutes of playing 1.2.1, im geussing 1.2.2 will come up, since this patch makes the game really buggy, shame.

And i think tons more will come up, as i said above i only played 5 minutes, and i didnt test it intensively like the team did, but i find it strange that the team didnt come face to face with these bugs...or did they?

Best answers
IT REALLY IS A BUG SONIC Im not 9 years old dude, I sat there and spelled **** YOU in ki blobs in a 14 player server and everyone read it fine and clear. So guess what, it does exhist.

And ultima 2, I'm sorry for having hissy fit, now we have to wait another 2 months for 1.2.2. or even 1.3. Thats not nothing to worry about though, is it?

Best answers
Yeah, he did...i was just in there...the whole map was so full of kiblobs it was lagging the whole server.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*sigh*
Okay, first - When you guys crash, are you the server, or are you joining a server? I really have no clue what could be causing those crashing problems :-/ Saying "it random crashes" is nice to know, but I cant even begin to track it down.
Draylock - Give it a break. We obviously didn't run into these bugs while testing. Put yourself in our seat. You're running the mod and it randomly crashes, how do you track it down? I don't even know if i should be searching in the server or client code, let alone the specific file.
The only bug that I do know how to fix is the blob bug. I must have not uploaded my last peice of code before 1.2, so when harsens compiled the 1.2.1 code, he didnt have the KI blob fix (which was around right before 1.2 release time).

Best answers
Hey pcjoe don't sweat it dude. Everything works great for me... With the exception with that map (which u already cleared up) ... which i will say is still a very very pretty map :).

But yeah, i'm not running into any problems what so ever. And buggy fixes ya did = good stuff. :) keep up the good work ;)

Best answers
Good Job with the patch!.

The Only bug i have found so far is the kiblob one but it only happened to me 1 time.

Best answers
It may still be the prepunch crash. happened in a 4 person server, while we we're all meleeing and generic beaming.. or, somehow I think devil can still crash the game but I dont know if thats fixable or not.

Best answers
Yeah, the only bug that really bothered me so far is the kiblob one. The server did crash, but i was client, and the whole server dropped. It didn't crash the game though, just the "Warning: Connection Problem", so when i disconnected and refreshed teh server list, it was there again, but everyone had been kicked.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My question is... if you don't have the 1.2.1 patch but have 1.2, can you play on 1.2.1 servers?

and yes 2 minutes ago i played 1.2.1 for the first time. crashed in 5 minutes... but i dont know what causes the crash.

3.4 ghz
1gb ram
250 gb memory
windows xp
geforce fx5200

max players was 6, at the time there were 3 players there.
pl catchup was not on.

also the ki blob problem everyone is having... im not having that problem dunno why though, guess thats a good thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom