ESF to Xbox 360 & as a standalone game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Hi all fans of ESF I am patr0805 and is now developing ESF to xbox 360 & windows as a game for itself. I couldn't contact the developers of ESF because there isent a email adress, so the only way I can contact them is by making this threat, so I hope you see this.

Here is a screenshot of the main screen on the xbox 360 & windows:
http://www.patricksonik.com/images/scrt.jpg

You can contact me on [email protected]

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hi all fans of ESF I am patr0805 and is now developing ESF to xbox 360 & windows as a game for itself. I couldn't contact the developers of ESF because there isent a email adress, so the only way I can contact them is by making this threat, so I hope you see this.
Doesn't look like a threat to me :) .
ESF with 360 controler :O .

Best answers
answer

I told that it is going to be a xbox 360 game and a windows game for itself without need for halflive

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
XBOX 360 game = gamepad , unless there's a supported mouse and keyboard thingy for it.
Anyway, i don't think you are gonna get permission(might have a better chance if you use another name)

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so I don't get it you want to make a xbox 360 game ? and will it be free ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need ESF's source code to port it properly, the ESF Team's permission, and Half-Life's license in order to port the code. Otherwise it's illegal.

But if it's for personal/educational use, I think it should be okay.

I doubt it plays well though.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'll just say this..

I've used my xbox360 controller on the current ESF for pc.. and erm I must say it DEFINATLY IS NOT THE SAME.....

U turn slow, aiming beams are much harder ect ect ect.. xbox360 gameplayspeed willbe at least 300% slower and more difficult

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It will only work with an auto aim system

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>.< autoaim in multiplayer=phail

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I call bs. A DBZ image with the letters "Earth's Special Forces" on it as well as a 360 logo is hardly proof. I sincerely doubt you can port ESF without the source code and an xbox developers kit.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, making it a pc standalone game might work, but 3th Person Shooter (and esf is a really fast one) on consoles Su***.

Best answers
you know if you tryed to licence this certain company would be all over you mister "i am making a 360 game". i would be the one tiping them off

Best answers
answer

The reason to that it will work on a xbox 360 is simple. The program I am using builds a windows application & a xbox 360 application and I dont need source code because I am just making it exactly like the mod look in half live. I agree with a license from ESF but it is imposible to contact them, but I dont need a license from half live because my standalone exe dont have anything to do with half live.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
It is "Half-Life". So what you are saying, you wish to completely copy the game?

Best answers
answer

Since nobody wants it as a game instead of a mod I just develope it myself and keeping it myself.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason to that it will work on a xbox 360 is simple. The program I am using builds a windows application & a xbox 360 application and I dont need source code because I am just making it exactly like the mod look in half live. I agree with a license from ESF but it is imposible to contact them, but I dont need a license from half live because my standalone exe dont have anything to do with half live.
WRONG.
ESF is a Half Life modification. Meaning if you want it to run you have to recreate Half Life.

That would get you in trouble with Valve.

Best answers
answer

You are wrong. I am not trying to make a program to run the ESF folder I am make the ESF mod as a game instead of a mod

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are wrong. I am not trying to make a program to run the ESF folder I am make the ESF mod as a game instead of a mod
But thats just the irony. ESF is only a mod built on the Half Life SDK. It has no engine of itself thats why it needs the GoldSRC engine. In other words the engine that Half Life is built on.

So you are left with 2 choices:
- hack Half Life and get the engine out of it
- make a new engine from scratch that has the same file handling as Half Life

The first would defenitly get you in trouble with Valve. the second may do so but isnt necesairy. But what ever the result. ESF is not playable on a gamepad controller. You need a mouse or you will be taken apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom