New Akimbot Release - ESF 2.0 Support!

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, thats right, our favorite bot maker has just relased a new version of Akimbot, Akimbot 2.0!
Click here to download, happy fragging:)

-[gF]-Tien

G
Awesome!!!! i dont have to face 6 Vegetas in a game
now i can set a variety of characters!! yipee!!!

Best answers
i cant get it to work wit esf but it works wit other mods any suggestions?

Best answers
Yeah I can't get it to work either. Says something about waypoints but I can't figure out what it wants me to do. If someone could write a comprehensive guide to installing bots for ESF it would be REALLY Appreciated!

Best answers
Im sick of owning all kinds of vegetas. If only the team could do some thing about those damn, dirty, disks......

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, vegeta is quite spammy, we will have to do something about that. I get the waypoint error, but it still works fine, i just type in Addbot in the console.

Best answers
speaking of the consol i cant get that to come up in esf i press the button and it doesnt show up

Best answers
You have to make waypoints for each Map, it like a Navigation system for Bots....You could play without but's it's not that good cause the bots move stupid around....I'am going to make some Waypoints...i will post them later on...

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome man, if their good i'll make it a sticky or something:)

Best answers
And if anyone has any questions about waypoints, feel free.

Best answers
Well I got it working fine with the autoinstaller, just make SURE you uninstall ESF before installing the new version.

I was really hoping they'd have teamplay working. :( I tried doing "addbot 2" but they won't join teams. Does anyone know a way to get them to join teams.

Posting waypoints would be really appreciated. I have a question: do you have to load the waypoint file everytime? I got sick of seeing that "no waypoint file!!!" message so I tried a game of normal HL on crossfire, which had a .awp in in the valve/map folder with the crossfire map, but it still kept whining "no waypoint file" :rolleyes: So how do you get it to use them?

Oh, and is there a way to shut up that message without having a waypoint file?

One last thing: if ESF or some player will host waypoint files, they should also put up ESF ones for swisscheese's maps too if possible.

Thanks all.

[Edit: ] Oh, if you don't get bluesy's "not a bot" ranking, bluesy is a name from Akimbot (although it's capitalised in Akimbot).

Best answers
I`ll work out teamplay for the next release and maybe even model selection for bots.

To disable the waypoint message type:
disablebotwaypointmessage
in the console.

The crossfire waypoints are for OpFor`s version of the maps and yes Bluesy is a name of the bot names files but it also the nickname of the bot maker... *hint* *hint*

Best answers
The bots sometimes shoot at the ground instead of me, most of the time when i'am to far away...., and the waypoint is air are called ladderway points (aren't there fly waypoints?) And i cann't see the automatic paths, hope they are their.

Best answers
here`s a quick tutorial on waypointing:
start the game, console enabled, and type "pathwaypoint on"
in the console (that will show paths between wpts).

put goal waypoints ("goalwaypoint" at console) in important places on the map - at least one must exist.

put return waypoints ("retwaypoint" at console) in important places on the map - at least one must exist. the bots will follow goal - return - goal -return etc.

put junction waypoints ("juncwaypoint" at console) in places where there is a path decision - like in junctions.

put normal waypoints ("waypoint add" at console) to connect waypoints to each other.

type "makepaths" in the console after you`ve finished to see the paths.

Best answers
Well, I tried adding some waypoints to desert arena and I noticed a large improvement in the bot's skill: they were able to chase me down more effectively and blast me even when I flew very high and far away from them. They also shot straight down less often, especially when I saturated the level with waypoints.

But I have a few questions on the "art of waypoint making." Err.. maybe this should go in the Akimbot forums. Anyway, a response should be here for the ESF community to see.

-Blusey said of goal and return waypoints "at least one must exist." but I didn't add them and the bots could still act. If there's not specific goal-oriented spots do they have to exist?

-Should I be placing "goal points" on Sensu beans or will a normal waypoint do? And if I just want them to grab the beans when possible, could I put the return waypoint right there as well, so they can get back to normal quickly? Or would that make them hang around the beans forever, meaning I should put the return waypoint on the other side of the map? And can the bots even use beans?

-if I don't place junction waypoints, can the bots still go to different waypoints randomly or will they always go from one to the other (from A to B but never from A to C). I can see how they'd be applied in in a "T" shaped corridor, but how should I use them in ESF when you can fly anywhere in 3-D but aren't necessarily going anywhere?

-the "makepaths" command didn't seem to do anything. What should/does it do?

-in general, should I try to make a lot of waypoints at different levels to give the bots tons of options, and thusly saturate the levels with tons of waypoints? Or should I spread them out (ie: just make waypoints at corners and the middle of open spaces)? And how dense should I make things vertically? If I put one on the ground in one in the air can the bots go in between when needed, or will they be pretty restricted to those two heights?

Oh, two commands seem useful for ESF: the "autowaypoint on" command makes you automatically drop waypoints as you go, but it can create a very dense field of waypoints quickly, but I think might slow the bot's unecessarily. Replace "on" with "off" to deactivate.

And "snipewaypoint" and "doorwaypoint" commands that you attach to waypoints could be useful in the correct spot.

Best answers
Ok, i did almost the same, i played a ton of way points on the desertarena, but no goal and no return waypoint. But the Bots are fireing quite offen, at the bottom, but i'll try out again...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds like too much work... so ill just go play with real people....

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I agree, play with real ppl, or as close as u get on esf (hahaha)

i feel sorry for 56kers mwaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom