esf team read! hl going to steam

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um.. Steam 2.0 is just a way to let people who don't own Half-Life, play CS/HL/TFC. It doesn't "disable" real Half-Life, or prevent mods fro being made. Read the sites thoroughly.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're just telling us that over time they expect everyone to scrap Half Life and download a copy of Steam so they can take advantage of its new features, like in-game instant-messenging because, obviously, you can't instant messenge someone who isn't using it.

Best answers
personally i dont like it... i would play normal cs and have a ping of 60... with steam my ping sky rockets to an 200-300 ping.. i feel like im playing esf with that kinda of ping.. :D

Best answers
makes ping to high for me cant get a decent score as it as and with that well its just a shame to see me play

Best answers
wait wont this raise overall server pings?????

like when you into a good server but its full of 56kers it can start to get lag spikes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gah, steam is ment for people with extra T3's coming out of their asses, porting HL to steam is pointless and stupid. Since it will be a required update ALL the good dead mods will have to be rebuilt. >.<

Damn you Valve why are you killing the best game on the comp.

Best answers
ewwi hate steam, i remember playing CS 1.6 on it with 300 ping... >_< grrr it must be destroyed!

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, Steam isn't a "required update" for anything. It's just a free way for people to play Half-Life.

If what you're saying is true(which it isn't), perhaps that would be a motivation for Team ESF to port ESF to HL2. ^_^

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They want everyone to start using Steam so that everyone can use the features like instant messanging, like I said. They are not requiring everyone in the world who owns a copy of half life to throw it away and download Steam. In-game instant-messenging sounds good to me. I might try Steam later if they fix the latency issues.

Best answers
steam lags for uall cause it system specs r really high :(
Steam Specs
Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP
256 MB RAM
1.0 Ghz processor
1GB HD space (strongly recommended)
Broadband Internet connection (128kb/s or higher strongly recommended)

Half-Lifes specs
Windows® 95, Windows 98 or Windows NT 4.0
Pentium® 133
24 MB RAM
2X CD-ROM drive
Mouse and Keyboard
640x480 SVGA high color (16-bit) display
Windows-compatible sound device

see te differnce ;)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
....add on to that that the latest beta is basically nonfunctional for anyone using a 3dfx based video card as you won't be able to see your cursor while in steam.

-Karrde-

Best answers
hehe ;). valve just WANT ppls to go to steam so theyell buy stuf of it but there NOT closen won down so noone has to go to steam :) besides i imagine that when it leaves betea noone wil go to it cause they all hate te riot shield(me being one of em :D) and te gali and famrs r just lame :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
steam sucks so much i dont know why anyone would want to use it

i mean why bother when u can do all the same stuff normaly with no extra effort and it doesnt bog u down with extra ping

Best answers
there al just maggots that want te latest tech ;) (even if it is bugy and adds 70 ping and plain dosent work :p i tried esf on steam it showed alota weird colours and it just dint lok rite, it looks like somone puked on my screen ;(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
O_O Steam oh no JESUS not STEAM!!!!!!!!! I hate steam O_O you should see my 340 ping it SUX I don't recomend it only because it has new techy stuff we all have to use it HELL NO. :D Im happy with half life I don't need no steam.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I first heard of this I just shook my head. Why in the hell would they make something like this when hl2 is only a month away?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is just a thing for people without Half-Life to try, and play the Valve mods.
If you already have Half-Life, I don't see why'd you want to trade higher ping for instant messaging and little things like that.

Best answers
Here's what the news message at Planet Half-Life said:

The Steam beta is now drawing to an end. This means that there are some significant changes coming to the way that Steam will be run.

The next major release of Steam will be the first step towards converting the entire Half-Life user base to Steam. This means that we will be resetting the Steam account database from scratch. After this, you will need to have a valid CD-Key to access games via Steam, so you will want to treat your Steam account as permanent. One CD-Key will grant you access to all of the games currently available in the Steam beta. The Friends database will remain intact, so if you create an account with the same name when the beta ends, you will retain your Friends list.

The next step will be to release the remaining three Half-Life 2 movies, fix the remaining issues with the Riot Shield in Counter-Strike, and any remaining issues with Steam. This will happen almost immediately after the Steam beta ends.

This means you are NOT playing Half-Life without actually owning it!

I think this is great. I for one like steam, but then again I have a 3mbps cable connection ang a 2.6ghz pc... but the half-life upgrades are totally worth it. On big improvement is the voice chat. it is CLEAR for once!!! Maybe you guys just need to get upgrades... i ditched my P333 2 years ago....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom