Double Tap Swooping Yes Or No?

• Yes, Keep It

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Change It

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ok Some People May Think Double Tap Swooping Is Good But I Don't Like It So Heres A Poll

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No idea what you're talking about. 1.2? I voted "no" in case it's referring to the charged swoop nonsense.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont knock it till you try it. That is all I can say about it. Its all like judging a book by its cover.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I'll say it is many times better..and yes I agree with Hsu, how can you bash something when you haven't even tried it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems like a much better idea, you would be able to have so much more control over it.

Not like it matters, but it's got the go-ahead from me.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*sigh* Going along with Hsu + Magus, you're just basing this off of what mastasurf said in the interview. How can you already not like it? heh

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone fill me in as to what double tap swooping is?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You double tap jump, crouch, up, down, left, right to go in that direction. So double tap the direction you want to go in and you start swooping. I'm I right to assume that double tapping up will make you go straight up?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
!XxShAdOwxX! said:
I'm I right to assume that double tapping up will make you go straight up?
Doesn't it make more sense to assume that up would make you go forward, and jump would make you go up?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it sounds pretty cool myself, and you didn't even say what you don't like about it.

Best answers
To me, the Double Tap kind of reminds me of Unreal and the dodge move. Almost as if it would go with teleport - but like otehrs have said, don't knock it till you've tried it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can bash getting rammed in the ass even though i havent tried it. o_O there goes your whole argument.

double tap = bad
for one... you can script that... so u have to tap once.. leaving the normal players at a disadvantage.

and those who cant mash a button twice quickly will also be at a disadvantage.

Best answers
LOL PAIN :)

Double Tab Swoop? Never heard of it, and I doubt that it's that helpful. I get away fine with just 'regular' swooping, so I voted no, Dont like/use Double tap swoop

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
i can bash getting rammed in the ass even though i havent tried it. o_O there goes your whole argument.

double tap = bad
for one... you can script that... so u have to tap once.. leaving the normal players at a disadvantage.

Tapping it one more time can't hurt that much! Wow, he can tap w an extra time with one button! Not much difference between the two. Plus he'd have to bind one button per direction. I is probably not worth the time in the end.

Hash said:
Doesn't it make more sense to assume that up would make you go forward, and jump would make you go up?
I don't know what I was thinking there :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
!XxShAdOwxX! said:
Tapping it one more time can't hurt that much! Wow, he can tap w an extra time with one button! Not much difference between the two. Plus he'd have to bind one button per direction. I is probably not worth the time in the end.
for the laggers out there, (we all know how the esf team loves to help out those with horrible pings) double tap is VERY bad.

you dont need a button for each direction either.
simply make a bind that turns on and off your whatever keys from regular movement to the scripted double-tap. easy to do with aliases. all i have to do is tap that key once and than i can swoop wherever i want with one press. to turn it off press the button again, thereby making a "swoop-mode".

hell come to think of it, a swoop mode would work fine....... helluva lot better than double tap.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
I'm not even going to comment on that one

Pain said:
double tap = bad
Okay, let's get something strait... To do a double tap swoop you press a direction, let go, then hold ON to the direction again to swoop. Now, how the hell would someone script that to THEIR advantage? When a script is running does it even pick up the commands of the user? Even if it does, how will that give you an advantage? So you can't control how long you want to swoop?

Pain said:
So now double tapping somehow relates with button smashing? This isn't some type of "powerstruggle to swoop somewhere" contest, it's just a innovative way to implement swoop so you can use in and out of melee.

Anyways, i like it more then the charged swoop, and it's pretty cool being able to swoop left/right/back/up/down, instead of just always boosting frontwards.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, I get it now. Umm...... seems weird to me. I probably wouldn't use it but there's no problem in having it. Unless.. when I'm doing a teleport I start swooping instead (It's just how I teleport, I press forward alot while doing it)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
for the laggers out there, (we all know how the esf team loves to help out those with horrible pings) double tap is VERY bad.
[Sarcastic]
Yeah, we just love helping those people with horrible pings. Yaknow, the ESF team isn't building the melee system around higher pings, we're not optimising the net code/reducing the amount of messages sent, we're just letting them bend over and take it in the ass. At the most we'll give them some lubrication.
And yeah, Masta can second how bad it is. He plays on my server with 500-700 ping while I download anime, and it's horrible. He can't melee, swoop, or anything. After we test he tells me to keep on working on the system and ignore the sucky ping.
[/Sarcastic]

Pain said:
you dont need a button for each direction either.
simply make a bind that turns on and off your whatever keys from regular movement to the scripted double-tap. easy to do with aliases. all i have to do is tap that key once and than i can swoop wherever i want with one press. to turn it off press the button again, thereby making a "swoop-mode".

hell come to think of it, a swoop mode would work fine....... helluva lot better than double tap.
And I'm sure you're basing this with some valid evidence. I mean, you just CAN'T be judging on what masta said in the interview (like 5-10 seconds) ^_^ I'm sure you've seen seen it in action or played it yourself :)

On a serious note... I would find that more annoying. It would add yet another button, and I would find it extremly aggrivating to be constantly turning this "swoop mode" on and off. I tap left, i go flying left, i tap right, i go flying right. As it is you don't "accidently" swoop that easily, since you need to hold onto the button on the second click.

And like usual, if it sucks that bad we'll replace it with yet another swoop mode, it's still all WIP.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
[Sarcastic]
Yeah, we just love helping those people with horrible pings. Yaknow, the ESF team isn't building the melee system around higher pings, we're not optimising the net code/reducing the amount of messages sent, we're just letting them bend over and take it in the ass. At the most we'll give them some lubrication.
And yeah, Masta can second how bad it is. He plays on my server with 500-700 ping while I download anime, and it's horrible. He can't melee, swoop, or anything. After we test he tells me to keep on working on the system and ignore the sucky ping.
[/Sarcastic]
actualy i was hinting at 1.1 ki system. we all know what a jewel that turned out to be. :yes: you know with the entire.. aiming away from PING based melee... had nothing to do with ping.. of course not. /end sarcasm.

Pcjoe said:
And I'm sure you're basing this with some valid evidence. I mean, you just CAN'T be judging on what masta said in the interview (like 5-10 seconds) ^_^ I'm sure you've seen seen it in action or played it yourself :)
actualy yes, believe it or not there are other mods that use the same engine. some of these use double tap for various things and it becomes a chore if you have high ping, or are not so fast at mashing that button. Granted my experiance isnt with this mod but meh.

Pcjoe said:
On a serious note... I would find that more annoying. It would add yet another button, and I would find it extremly aggrivating to be constantly turning this "swoop mode" on and off. I tap left, i go flying left, i tap right, i go flying right. As it is you don't "accidently" swoop that easily, since you need to hold onto the button on the second click.

And like usual, if it sucks that bad we'll replace it with yet another swoop mode, it's still all WIP.
your willingness to change it is reasuring... hopefully it wont take forever like some things.... >_<

i can even answer my post for you since your reply to everything is the same.

"OMFG YOU DIDNT PLAY!!!!oneone!!!!111!!!!11!!!!one! YOU CANT TALK ABOUT IT..... AND ITS A WIP SHUTUP DONT CRITISIZE MY WORK I CANT HANDLE IT!!!one1!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom