*Map* ESF_Buu

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I will not criticize your beautiful work, you're right fantasy is very important to get out of ourselves spectacular creation, is what I see in your models.;:D

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
gigirs. Like I've said before I don't go for any accuracy. Besides, this is sort of my map and I can come up with ANY ideas I really want. I joined this, because I found the concept interesting. I'm quite rusty these days and I don't work much on 3D anymore! This just pushed me over! :p

At the end I can add a mechatron with boar head, that is connected to the stomach and it's floating around with magic cup who fires bullets that transforms into Naruto, and when it hits the walls, it does the transformation and stomach becomes the galaxy's center. Again - this has no intentions of being accurate. I'm just using my own imagination of how things should look like. Think beyond boundaries - that's the only way to learn something - this is how I think. And, yes your models of absorbation are way more accurate to the show. Anyway, thanks for a notice.
Or artisitic licence :)

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well when goku and vegeta were inside him, Buu did pop up through the wall of his stomach. I think it's a very conceivable concept. Actually it would be very awesome if you could have him form on a wall next to a player who gets knocked into one, and have him vanish, and appear on different parts of the map when players near a specific field.

I think it looks great so far!

Legacy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
Discord Member
Best answers
Small update.

http://puu.sh/1WvTS

------------
Double post avoid
------------
Finished retopology works, baked the normals, made the alpha.

[IMG]http://puu.sh/1WLTA[/IMG]

Diffuse time and then - transfer to map.

-------
Third post avoid
------
Done

Last edited:
Badassologist Ph/D
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
just imagine how accomplished these maps would be if they actually had help from the ESF dev team. Why force them to go it alone? Cmon dev team help them help you! you guys should get together to finish either one of these maps or maybe both!

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
idc lol this already looks pretty damn good.
Also watch the other maps from gigirs.

These 2 guys are doing a fine job imo.

Legacy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
Discord Member
Best answers
I enjoy working alone on such things :p. Besides, I work on other projects -- indie game development for about 5 years. I'm not into mods anymore after DBS and NND collapse. Actually I'm not a mapper, at least this is like my 6th or 7th map modeling attempt, I'm more into character/organic stuff modeling.

Anyhow, I will just post some screenshoots soon of my buu's inside map progress. Will add some more details.

Last edited:
Best answers
still.....for that awesome work...you really should have offered a inteam place! atleast u show progress!

but well some more tips would be still nice....when i started with my time machine i had nothing.....not really good prepared these guys but thats a old story.
i mean for that buu........dont get me wrong it looks really awesome! BUT when the team WOULD be smart they would drop in here.....i mean your buu is sure different to the one they gonna use ingame later....they should have given u atleast the buu model to implent it...ALSO it would be so awesome if they add a animation to it and code it into the map as a feature! just imagine u are fightin there around and buu pops out of the wall time by time and looks at u;) or only buu added on some walls to look around and scream.so much potential there...
that would be awesome!

that alone thing is one part....i also did the work without much response but still...you should become part of that "team" and work along with the full capacity and options and models

did u atleast heard something usefull from them? offers to get inteam? models? other stuff? helpfull things? because the water and some stuff has to be coded like i know....they maybe could add some blood particles via the weather system the added aswell.

Last edited:
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
He said: I'm not into mods anymore after DBS and NND collapse.

And if he's working on other projects i doubt he has the time to do this full time like the devs...
Not sure why you doing this if you don't like mapping that much tbh lol
Maybe cause this map is something organic... combine them two. But still...

Legacy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
Discord Member
Best answers
@ LSSJ. Thanks for the all support. I know all the things how everything and what are handled in game/in engine. Definitely all ingame effects such as fog/smokes/water are being handled by ingame effects system. This can be handled through sprites/decals/shaders. I'm not sure how they set up the fluid system, but the easiest way that comes to my mind is HLSL/GLSL shaders. To explain my egoistical reasons of modeling the somewhat "river" is just of better idea showcase.

I was thinking of making a small demo reel video of this map by generating smokes and other effects through particles within 3DSMax, because I have no access to the teambuild and, on top of that, I'm not sure of how they right now export/compile their maps, setup spawning points/collisions and so forth. The version of Buu, that I've made was just a simple wall decoration, a pure combination of sculpting and creativity, which I didn't define by references, besides, I wanted to try few things regarded to scene decorating and rendering/texturing. After all, I have made this SCENE as a closed one -- unlike most landscape-open air type previous mapping experience, I couldn't use height maps, so this was a nice practice of adopting zbrush knowledge and skills. Overall, this lead to finally mastering of retopology tools in Zbrush, which I always had to learn/remember, but to lack motivation level was not possible. So kudos to ESF team for a nice community project and all that inspiration.

@ Plankman. I've mentioned that before few pages ago: "I just got inspired by the concept itself. I don't do much of personal projects itself these days. This is a nice community project and a good chance to increase skill and knowledge." That's why I'm doing this.

Last edited:
Dudemeister
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
just imagine how accomplished these maps would be if they actually had help from the ESF dev team. Why force them to go it alone? Cmon dev team help them help you! you guys should get together to finish either one of these maps or maybe both!
You're fighting a lost cause. I tried countless of times to get some quick tutorials from them only to get the same answer in return: "I'll ask Ready/Layne.".

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
why do you keep calling me plankman? :eek:

Legacy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
Discord Member
Best answers
Oh its Plakman, sorry! Anyhow, lets get back to topic.

Best answers
You're fighting a lost cause. I tried countless of times to get some quick tutorials from them only to get the same answer in return: "I'll ask Ready/Layne.".
btw for the notes:p i did do the sistine chapel! that guy only stole my design and btw...dont u mods got smoething better to do then writing useless notes in my profile?
i know you guys dont wanna hear that the help sucks! but what about this? CHANGE IT! instead of banning or deleting guys and posts!

as for mapper....a lot is now being done by code....water/fontains/stuff like that....that map would ROCK if the team would really drop in here and give some ideas and tips.
thats the fact! deal with it!! atleast on this he had something to start from.only one tip: give the other mapper some skins so they could match theirs.maybe one model also to match size.i know u dont wanna hear that the awesome team aint that awesome!

ban me if u want i give a shit! if someone cant even speak the truth out then this place can suck my.....

btw speaking about speed here...layne wants my time machine i did for them.....he speaks with the team and raven...most give a shit....raven wanted to check the facts what happend....that some beta tester here can flame guys who actually do something.....with"no one cares"...and bans them...but well there are some who do care.....and that are those who work with models and maps...but the decisions are on totally other guys.....but that case also takes months...dont think i ever hear something on that.but thats another story.would have been nice to see my model in use.

and i like plankman:D u should change your name:D hihi

Last edited:
Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
btw for the notes:p i did do the sistine chapel! that guy only stole my design and btw...dont u mods got smoething better to do then writing useless notes in my profile?
i know you guys dont wanna hear that the help sucks! but what about this? CHANGE IT! instead of banning or deleting guys and posts!
You have no user notes and nobody has deleted any of your posts

I see Viper gave you a negative towards your reputation but that's something anyone in the community can do

The rest of your post(s) all I can say is: Get over it already. Nobody here wants to argue with you again

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not really a lost cause, simply because the team made this a community project. Yes, the map would have more progress and would likely be close to finished if the team were still involved, but this isn't necessary because 1. The team has already done most of the work already, and 2. There has been fantastic progress done on the map already without any further involvement from the team. I'd say things are going fine the way they are now. As for the tutorials, I'm not really sure what you're looking for exactly (and I don't believe you ever specified what you wanted in the first place, my apologies if I'm wrong though.), but Andrew already published a tutorial that seems to be very helpful for getting a map to work for ESF. Other than the tutorial needing to be further completed, I'd say everything else is good. Ramunas and the other guy (I'm on my phone and forgot his name, sorry) have been doing fairly well without any other tutorials.

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
It's not really a lost cause, simply because the team made this a community project. Yes, the map would have more progress and would likely be close to finished if the team were still involved, but this isn't necessary because 1. The team has already done most of the work already, and 2. There has been fantastic progress done on the map already without any further involvement from the team. I'd say things are going fine the way they are now. As for the tutorials, I'm not really sure what you're looking for exactly (and I don't believe you ever specified what you wanted in the first place, my apologies if I'm wrong though.), but Andrew already published a tutorial that seems to be very helpful for getting a map to work for ESF. Other than the tutorial needing to be further completed, I'd say everything else is good. Ramunas and the other guy (I'm on my phone and forgot his name, sorry) have been doing fairly well without any other tutorials.
my name is gigirs50,however you have to take care of themselves without seeking help, the team may not be able to give material evidence such as a map, the map must create it by following their creativity and some tutorials::smile:

Last edited:
Legacy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
Discord Member
Best answers
I dont need any tutorials :p! Except gnomons and digital tutors on certain areas, where you can strengthen your skills and knowledge n_n

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I dont need any tutorials :p! Except gnomons and digital tutors on certain areas, where you can strengthen your skills and knowledge n_n
tutorial for people who want to learn not for artists with licens to kill like you:D

Last edited:
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ₯‰Legacy Semifinalist
🎈 Advanced
Best answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom