*Map* ESF_Buu

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Conflicting statements? This still now in the hands of the community! As long as it's finished, then whatever small easter eggs or other things should be considered fine. It also should be up to the standard the ESF team sets.
No they said the same thing. Both Karrde and Grega said that there aren't any restrictions.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder how he will handle the seams tho :) I'm curious

Legacy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
Discord Member
Best answers
I wonder how he will handle the seams tho :) I'm curious
Who? Me :p? Yeah, I'm trying using some technique I found out recently, but it seems like a lot of MANUAL work will be needed annnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddd I will have to merge all the environment crap with the stomach model itself in order to be able to make a good tile so that everything could blend, which is a pain in one place, but it has to be done or no good results. Does that crush your curiousity, Raven :p? Thats what I have planned, but not sure how well it will work out. Besides this is my first time I got so much, I mean, I ACTUALLY started texturing a map. Now thats a reach hahahaha

And about "flower" diffuse, it's already fixed. I had to find a solution that I could apply face uv mapping technique to entire world, because of messed up vector data [I retopologized stomach's model in zbrush, so vertexes/vectors placement was quite random and when I applied face uv mapping, the uv's got messed up. Well they are good, but they dont tile well because of each polygon different rotation. I tried many different ways how to reset polygons data [neither reset xform, neither uv's deletion could work] so that could get the same face uv mapping correctly. Tried googling for solution, but it seems this happens for many people and only solution to fix this is by hand. I figured out that a 4 sided tillable texture could work, unless I found few days free and work on several thousands polygons tweaking to match the sides. In short, I just avoided 9000 puzzle work by applying the 4 sided tillable texture. Anyhow, expanded too much I suppose.. Just to make it short, yeah, I tweaked so its not flower anymore :)

Last edited:
Project Manager
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Who? Me :p? Yeah, I'm trying using some technique I found out recently, but it seems like a lot of MANUAL work will be needed annnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddd I will have to merge all the environment crap with the stomach model itself in order to be able to make a good tile so that everything could blend, which is a pain in one place, but it has to be done or no good results. Does that crush your curiousity, Raven :p? Thats what I have planned, but not sure how well it will work out. Besides this is my first time I got so much, I mean, I ACTUALLY started texturing a map. Now thats a reach hahahaha

And about "flower" diffuse, it's already fixed. I have to find a solution that I could apply face uv mapping technique to entire world, because of messed up vector datas and when I applied face uvw mapping, the uv's got messed up. I tried many different ways how to reset polygons data [neither reset xform, neither uv's deletion could work]. I figured out that a 4 sided tillable texture could work, unless I found few days free and work on several thousands polygons tweaking to match the sides. In short, I just avoided 9000 puzzle work by applying the 4 sided tillable texture. Anyhow, expanded too much I suppose.. Just to make it short, yeah, I tweaked so its not flower anymore :)
If you feel like it, visit us on teamspeak later today and we can show you a few things that might help you a lot regarding the texturing.

Dudemeister
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
If you feel like it, visit us on teamspeak later today and we can show you a few things that might help you a lot regarding the texturing.
Or, you could post it in a thread for everyone to see...

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Or, you could post it in a thread for everyone to see...
I need Layne around for that, but I believe Mastasurf already posted a tutorial on that somewhere.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Lfs, thanks for the update! I usually don't have a clue, but it was interesting to read at least! I can't wait to see more of your work. Its very exciting, especially you are doing some of the labor for ESF, which they need help with.

Legacy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
Discord Member
Best answers
Thanks Raven for the help, I would definitely like to have some suggestions/speak. We might have to delay/hold that for the other day, because it's a company party today's eve, so won't be around till tomorrow morning or afternoon (if the party goes higher) hehehe

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Conflicting statements? This still now in the hands of the community! As long as it's finished, then whatever small easter eggs or other things should be considered fine. It also should be up to the standard the ESF team sets.
Grega and I may or may not have been trolling XD

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Thanks Raven for the help, I would definitely like to have some suggestions/speak. We might have to delay/hold that for the other day, because it's a company party today's eve, so won't be around till tomorrow morning or afternoon (if the party goes higher) hehehe
Well i got a suggestion/feedback for you if you ask for it.
Could you try to make it look a bit more dark/gore ish?

just like this http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111222125405/dragonball/images/0/0b/SaiyansInBuu.png

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
A big part of that is the lighting, and not texture.

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
the map no texture for details, the map is almost done, just need the holes to allow steam to escape render  no texture.jpg

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
⚑Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
Very much I like the fine work and very much I want to see it final version:).

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The shapes of the platforms are pretty repetitive.

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't want to mention it here too but yeah i think the same.

Legacy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
Discord Member
Best answers
Nice stuff gigirs, I really dig how far you have come. Glad to see some new growing talents! ;)

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
thanks lfs, it is true may seem repetitive forms but are not copied from one model are all hand-drawn with the cut command in 3ds max;)

Legacy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
Discord Member
Best answers
Well, gigirs next time you might consider using height maps for such occassions. Anyhow. Back to business, gentlemen.

Rammy's update number ???

BAM. Started working on blending everything together. Thats a lot of work, but getting there and results are pretty decent. Ramps and some veins are already merged with the stomach model. Still huge WIP and cant see any end to this yet :p

And I think once I'm done [if I finish this] I will call this map the slaughterhouse.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom