*Map* ESF_Buu

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like a simple model with normal maps, ESF handles that just fine.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder if it's dead yet ?

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm curious how fast this thread will die, but take this as an indicator how fast the motivation to work for free and in the rare spare time fades away.
Well I was basically just referring to what I said when this started. I hope that ppl will see now that's it's not that easy keeping a project like this alive. And this little map is just a fraction of the stuff that the team usually has to do.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
gigrs50 and Lsf probably are busy or just have no free time...

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I know Raven.. I was cursing you for crushing my hopes of the project being finished. #16, then why do people get so upset when the team takes a while to get something done?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I know Raven.. I was cursing you for crushing my hopes of the project being finished. #16, then why do people get so upset when the team takes a while to get something done?
Because it lasts too long, 5 years and any beta/mod out (people are going insane). You guys should found ways how make money with this mod and problems are solved:)

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because it lasts too long, 5 years and any beta/mod out (people are going insane). You guys should found ways how make money with this mod and problems are solved:)
Maybe you've heard of things like copyright and lawyers and cease and desist orders?

If they team tries to take money for working on this all those things will become problems and you will never see the mod.

Besides, what is being paid going to change? We can't offer them enough money to quit real jobs

We can't offer them enough money to stop having friends

We can't offer them enough money to stop interacting with their family

We can't offer them enough money to stop having fun

Think about shit before you post it

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could you guys (ESF Team) post an example of a completed map?
Specifically, a terrain level which is fully uv mapped with a basic blend map.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll ask Layne once he gets online if we can provide that.

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Besides, what is being paid going to change? We can't offer them enough money to quit real jobs

We can't offer them enough money to stop having friends

We can't offer them enough money to stop interacting with their family

We can't offer them enough money to stop having fun

Think about shit before you post it
At first, you do not get paid until after your game goes live.

You could try setting up a game company. If you have a big hit to start business, that'll do just fine.
A good thought of game can be the next Minecraft. It has to be open and free with as little boundaries of what is possible.
I don't think Dragon Ball Z as a fightning game will fit that role. It would need some RPG elements to keep things interesting in the long run.

It's probably a lot of work, but I don't think it's worse than modding HL1's engine to run all the stuff you guys want AND THEN
create the game on top of that.

(I know you can't sell this game. Maybe the next project you guys will be working on? It's easier because you now know each other already.)

Last edited:
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
my version of cell game,raven the map buu brain is not dead, it's over to 80 percent, the fact is that I'm also working on cell game map cellgameblend map.jpg

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At first, you do not get paid until after your game goes live.

You could try setting up a game company. If you have a big hit to start business, that'll do just fine.
A good thought of game can be the next Minecraft. It has to be open and free with as little boundaries of what is possible.
I don't think Dragon Ball Z as a fightning game will fit that role. It would need some RPG elements to keep things interesting in the long run.

It's probably a lot of work, but I don't think it's worse than modding HL1's engine to run all the stuff you guys want AND THEN
create the game on top of that.

(I know you can't sell this game. Maybe the next project you guys will be working on? It's easier because you now know each other already.)
We're talking about here and now

Another project (if there is one) is a completely different story

Force Pit Member
Best answers
other than that it looks weird on the right side IMO.
Those mountains look a bit to much like water. (well they remind me of water)
What he is trying to say is that your mountains are fairly "regular" and are not structured irregularly as mountains. There is a clear difference from your right hand side to the left hand side. Now if you intend to have lake by filling those "canyons" with water, then that would fit better.

However, make a new thread to post the progress on that map instead of hijacking this one. This thread is supposed to only be for the buu map :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Nice idea but you should add normal people there imo.
Weird if you see trunks flying next to it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom