Best answers
It means that you make a LAN server.

sv as in server and lan as in local area network

So a Local Area Network Server.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And just incase you don't know what LAN is (I didn't when I started playing online games) is something you use when you want to play with friends using the same internet connection. In otherwords connecting two or more computers together so you can play with friends with incredibly low pings (between 5 and15)

You need a router with 3 or more ethernet jacks. And this one guy told me something about a switch or something. But I wasn't really paying attention. I had a LAN party the day before thanksgiving at my house. It rocks. Sad fact is my one friend stand played WoW the enter time. "look at this noob playing WoW at a lan party"

Hope this helps.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
And just incase you don't know what LAN is (I didn't when I started playing online games) is something you use when you want to play with friends using the same internet connection. In otherwords connecting two or more computers together so you can play with friends with incredibly low pings (between 5 and15)
Fire, i am afraid you are partly wrong. LAN is not an internet connection, its a connection between multiple computers, either connected to eachother directly, on connection through a switcher. Internet is not required at all to be able to play with your friends on the network. The only thing that effects the network speed is depending on the speed of the the network card. Which is mostly 100Mbit in most computers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But you need a LAN card, hope you have on..... but some people have an onboard LAN card, but just make sure.
LAN is a great way to train and to make a server with only bots and no ppl, so you can test all the characters without ppl destroying you the whole time.
Oh yes and you need a LAN cable to play against your friends!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WTF are you talking about. You dont need a LAN card to make a server >.> besides i think that wont work.

Best answers
bhaa didnt work.. dude if I want to play just aginst bots.. I can just put a pass on the server.. and the LAN thingy didnt work.. =\ god damet I just 2 play this map!

EDIT - Holy S***! It works! yaaaaa!!!! :D ha ha ha! this how - The Steam did a update.. andd i disabled the 24 texture thing..! BTW.. can i pull out the Z Sword?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if you got the map to work you'd realize the Z Sword is already on the ground, in pieces.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
donnierisk said:
But you need a LAN card, hope you have on..... but some people have an onboard LAN card, but just make sure.
You know, that sounds very bizar. As said above, of course you don't need a network card to be able to actually create a LAN server. Besides, nice that you got the map to work, but a darn shame not alot of people are playing the map on the servers. More people should download it, perhaps i should change the map on the servers more to this map.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Raistlin_Majere said:
oh yes you should..haven't seen it once yet!
Then you must be blind :p, last week i've added it on the HL2files server, s2k server, and both esf-w servers. And even loaded the map on all of them about 3x a day. perhaps i should make that map the only map on the servers for a few.. *cough* days? :p*cough*.. That reminds me i need to check out Teamplay, to see whats wrong with that server >_<

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Skyrider said:
Then you must be blind :p, last week i've added it on the HL2files server, s2k server, and both esf-w servers. And even loaded the map on all of them about 3x a day. perhaps i should make that map the only map on the servers for a few.. *cough* days? :p*cough*.. That reminds me i need to check out Teamplay, to see whats wrong with that server >_<

Sky WTF are you talking about i put it on the S2k server >.>

I also put another map on the S2k server XD See if you can guess wich one ^^

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Mmhhh, i thought atleast i've put it on the S2k server as well, i must have forgotten that one. Well, the point is that the maps are on 4 servers already. And a fact should be that a lot of people should play on this map!

Best answers
hm, i finally got to try this, and it rocks.
only things i see is that you can't kill that old guy (no fun!) and the cave behind the waterfall's entrance look un-natural.(it's a damn square)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raistlin_Majere said:
hm, i finally got to try this, and it rocks.
only things i see is that you can't kill that old guy (no fun!) and the cave behind the waterfall's entrance look un-natural.(it's a damn square)
Actualy you CAN kill the old guy. And a lot faster than you can destroy the time mascheene in arivel if i may add. Also that cave has 3 entrances ;)

And some hidden stuff to XD

Anyhow i say its a masterpeace. (but the water in the upper level could have been fixed)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Finally I get to download it. Steam however now says my acount is active some where else... Im really starting to hate steam.

Anyways, it really looks like a good map and sounds really interesting with all the hidden stuff I keep hearing about.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
GrimReaper said:
Finally I get to download it. Steam however now says my acount is active some where else... Im really starting to hate steam.

Anyways, it really looks like a good map and sounds really interesting with all the hidden stuff I keep hearing about.
"Your steam account is in use on another location" Right? known bug, Steam bug as far as i know.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah thats the one. I can join games now. Also Im playing zsword now on my WON esf (yeah, I got WON to work on 1.2.3). Its even better than I thought. Great job imkongkong. :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom