Zarp is back! :P - Ironman WIP

Best answers
Hey there long time no c :smile:

i can c the esforces main page is down, is the mod closing down or :\

but here is my lates wip..

made in 3dstudio max 9

like the title says!
I AM IRONMAN!!!!

But now i am pretty new to 3Dstudio max.. sooo how do i map it ? so i can skin it :p

over and out Zarp

plz comment

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
welcome back, good to see more modelers around here :)

It's looking pretty good so far, but i'd suggest you smooth out the back/top of the head a little more and your on to a winner. Cant wait to see some more progress D:

oh and if ur looking for skinmapping tutorials for max, only one i know of thats easy to follow is Ben mathis's vid tut on http://www.poopinmymouth.com/tutorial/tutorial.htm its a bit old, but should still be fine in 3dsm9

Best answers
Thx

welcome back, good to see more modelers around here :)

It's looking pretty good so far, but i'd suggest you smooth out the back/top of the head a little more and your on to a winner. Cant wait to see some more progress D:

oh and if ur looking for skinmapping tutorials for max, only one i know of thats easy to follow is Ben mathis's vid tut on http://www.poopinmymouth.com/tutorial/tutorial.htm its a bit old, but should still be fine in 3dsm9

thx for the help, if you c some great ref of the body i will ve pleased :p i cant finde some :p i will try smoots the head a little :p

thx for the tutorial

Best answers
Update! - Ironman WIP

Here is the updatede version... ned some ref for the body somebody there can help :p

Plez comment and give crits

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
welcome back!
can u post the ref you`re using for the body? somehow it seem's not right.. love the head! keep it up

Best answers
you right!

welcome back!
can u post the ref you`re using for the body? somehow it seem's not right.. love the head! keep it up

i have no refs.. soo thats the problem :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i find the best ref for you,i have this ref in my computer but i dont remember where i found.
here you got:

if find more i post here for you.
p.s :ironman model that you are making you will be able to paly in esf?

Best answers
Thx i alot!

well i find the best ref for you,i have this ref in my computer but i dont remember where i found.
here you got:

- Removed 3 pic of Ironman

if find more i post here for you.
p.s :ironman model that you are making you will be able to paly in esf?
Gracias a usted debe tener;)

Thank you m8!

Real beautiful pictures! they can help me alot!

can the figure be used in esf?? ... hmm think I have too many polys and vertex in this model so i dont think it will work with the old hf1 graphics, I can of course, when the model is finished create a more "ugly" version which can lbe used.. how many vertex and polys, is it there can be used in the old HF1 engine.?

there have great number of years since I last was active here in: P

But thank you very much for your help!

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no thanks for you,by share this model that you are making also for back again here.i hope see more updates.good luck.
ps:i am finding more ref of iron man.

Best answers
no thanks for you,by share this model that you are making also for back again here.i hope see more updates.good luck.
ps:i am finding more ref of iron man.

thx. i will post update as soon as there is some:p

Best answers
update again!

Here we have as yet a small picture of the progress I have reached: P
Has deleted chest when I was not happy with the result!

Have then added raw colors, I have done because you can better see what is what: P

And thx for the Refs it was a big help!

Again:

The model is made of me!
And it was invented by Marvel

Come and throw a comment!

Best answers
:laff:
wow,too nice better than the old.keep work man the model has look nice.again nice work
thx i am workin on the chest right now, i have redone it 6 times now.. :p

#### UPDATE!!! ######

here is some updated pic!
Plz comment!

and one so you can compare it with the ref!

Thx a lot for the ref yet again :p

Last edited:
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
the top of the back and the chest is pretty messy..
but overall it's not bad, looking forward to it ^^

Best answers
nice iron man,i find more in my computer i hope you need its.
- 2 pic of ironman - (removed)
wow where the hell do you have these ****ing great pic from?

Last edited:
Best answers
It seems your trying to hard to add all the details into the model without having a good base model to work from. Before you get ahead of yourself, you should model a basic looking torso, then start adding in the detail from there, otherwise you end up with using way to many polys (like on your torso, you could do the same amount of detail with half the polygons used...or even put the details on a texture rather than modelling them in).

I suggest redoing the torso, the first one you did looked much cleaner, this one however is looking pretty messy in the wireframe/flatshaded view. Theres just to many polygons in it for what is actually needed. Did you set yourself a limit on how many polys you wanted to use by the end of the model? if you set yourself a limit, it becomes great practice, as you start to see how many polygons you should be roughly aiming for, for each part of the model.

So, my suggestions are he following:

1: Set yourself a polygon limit
2: dont worry about adding in the detail untill you've got a solid base mesh to work from
3: Redo the torso, the head is fine (ok, maybe a bit poly heavy, but still, it looks good) the torso really is the biggest problem, I would suggest using a cylinder and then cut some edges into your model, and rotate/scale them to fit the basic shape of the torso. Only then you should be adding model edge's if you want to add in all the detail. Keep your polyflow as clean as you can, it will pay off if you plan to animate him.

Hope these suggestions help your progress in some way.

Glode

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom