Your opinion on Iraq

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think what there doing in Iraq is very good. They got rid of one of the biggest terrorist funders (saddam hussein) and its slowly becoming a prosperous country. Its going to be a slow process but one day the average person in Iraq will be able to go to school without hesitation and they can walk the streets without seeing a tank rolling down the street.

Still....theres the opinion that George Bush is just trying to control their oil supply and just another Vietnam, something Lyndon B. Johnson would pull.

I really would like this forum's opinion. I see some smart people on here who I know has some realistic views on this.

thx for reading

Best answers
I think you need a new source of news if you think Saddam funds terror.

We did make a nice profit on their oil aswell and now thanks to all UN donations we'll be able to keep it.

And more and more soldiers are dying more often and in larger numbers as the days go by and this will continue until there is no American presence in Iraq.

Best answers
Morrone, or moron, should I say, we've had this argument in the past, your ideological opinion that we were in it for the oil is outdated, you honestly think the U.S. is the only country going to make money off of oil? Pull your head out of your ass, OBVIOUSLY we are going to make money, ITS OIL.
It's funny you think that the U.S. will just pull out if things get harsh, that is not on the plan of Bush or ANY of the Democratic candidates, and if thats what you think we should do then your just as selfish as Saddam is. We invaded them, we are not going to just leave them hanging.
We recently passed a bill for another 80 billion dollars on Iraq, add that to 50 that was tallied earlier, yeah oil will pay for that, you must be joking.
I try to look at it from your point of view, but all I see is your impersonation of Bush 'Hey, lets go spend 150 billion dollars and have troops die almost daily while liberating a country and only get about 20 billion back for it.' Sounds like a GREAT idea dosn't it?
Please, its old, very old.
Then theres another POV, 'Yes, lets leave this guy in power, Saddam didn't do anything bad.. all he did was use chemical weapons and kill over 5,000 people in his country, but hell, thats nothing. And all he really does now a days is torture people, kill families daily gie money to terrorists all the time :D YAY'

I don't know, maybe this thread should go, these always turn into a flame war, but if you read that, you would know what I think about this situation.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think it should be discussed at all. i think its going to end up one big argument on whose right or whose wrong.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Morrone said:
I think you need a new source of news if you think Saddam funds terror.

We did make a nice profit on their oil aswell and now thanks to all UN donations we'll be able to keep it.

And more and more soldiers are dying more often and in larger numbers as the days go by and this will continue until there is no American presence in Iraq.
Morrone, I'm afraid I have to disagree here.
Saying that we're doing it for oil is merely an ignorant uninformed statement. The money that has been spent in deploying and maintaining a presence in Iraq is far greater then any money made off of Oil.

PLUS.. We're -buying- the oil from Iraqi oil companies. You act as if we just busted in, and magically flew off with thousands of gallons of oil, which is simply untrue.

I think you need a new source of news, more like -A- source of news before you talk out of your ass...And if you believe that the US Presence will eventually be removed, by all of our Soldiers dying, well, that just makes whatever you say plain Laughable.

Best answers
Morrone, or moron,
I take this as an uncalled for flame and hope proper action will be taken to justify it.

And what are you talking about 'the only country that is going to make money off of oil'? When did I say any such thing?

When did I say the US will pull out if things get too harsh? I'm the one not making any sense? I said US soldiers wont stop dying until we pull out.

Who says we should have invaded them in the first place? WHy should we even be in this position? There are many other countries in far worse situations than Iraq and Iraq's international threat was minimal. We abandoned Vietnam didn't we? And while we abandoned it we bombed the **** out of them didnt we?

And yes oil WILL pay for that, along with the UN donations. And now we will have a protectorate in Iraq which will help us out in future wars and future trades and future intelligence gathering.

Whats this nonsense you call 'liberating'? Where is Iraq's liberty? They don't get to choose their own government or economic system. They only have the choices the US government provides them which is so far non-existent. After 7 months we still have the liberty, not them.

When did I say it is all about the oil anyway? As I said before having Iraq under our sphere of influence opens a lot of doors and adds a lot to America's economic and political interests.

You think Saddam is bad you must not know a lot about the world today. There are many of people starving in other third world countries because their governments. 5,000 is a big number huh? How many civilians do you think we killed in our invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq? How many civilians did we kill in our bombardment of Hiroshima and Nagasaki? How were those actions anymore justifiable than Saddam's?

These threads always turn into flame wars??? I wonder why....look at your first sentence.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No topics on war are allowed on the forum because of past problems, please refer to the forum AUP, which was revised recently to include this rule.

Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom