Your Opinion on AIM

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I only used AIM once before, but I've got spammed. and ect. I was wondering if the newer AIM installs hidden spyware or registerys? My dad once used it, and damn he got like 300 objects after he installed it.

Best answers
Yes, AOL Instant Messenger does install spy-ware... my cousin showed me an article about a year ago about it... just use cleaner like ad-aware SE and do a scan after installation... i've been clean, but i'm also using dead aim..
I recommend trillian... it combines AIM and a bunch of other messenger services into a one package... i read about this recommendation in a forum that was dedicated to cleaning PCs of spyware/adware

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, if you use trillian, you can add other people that are from AIM to your buddy list?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, I use gaim...same thing pretty much just cleaner. I've used aim for a while, and never had any probs with it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never had any problems with AIM. The only thing that bothers me are the commercials that play from time to time.. I think I ended up disabling it though, I haven't seen one in a while.

Best answers
yea AIM is alot better now i don't even get e-mails from them :p and on trillian u can add people from ICQ,Yahoo,MSN and AIM so i recomend it for you, on the newer AIM u can't do much just like the old 1 but cleaner.... so there ya go

Best answers
Dj^Swift said:
So, if you use trillian, you can add other people that are from AIM to your buddy list?
Correct. Trillian works like a normal messenger, but with a better interface and being able to use AIM, MSN, YIM, IRC and ICQ in one program.

Best answers
AND u can change the layout of it too for cooler pics to make it match ur background

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, ive been using aim for years and ive yet to get any spyware from any installation of it, you my friend just happened to catch some by coincidence after installing it,

and i scan fairly regularly,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom