Your favorite genre of music.

Best answers
Everyone has personal tastes pertaining to music and all of its varied forms. Some people are partial to rock while others have their hearts set on rap/hip-hop. What is your favorite genre of music? Post what it is, and a brief description of why you love it.

Note to potential respondants: This is not flaming ground. People will not like the same things you like, so I advise you to get used to it. Don't go out of your way to say one person's preference sucks. That's totally childish and the mods will eat you for lunch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Punk rock - E.g. The Offspring
Pop Rock - E.g. Midtown
Metal - E.g. Metallica
J-pop - E.g. Megumi Hayashibara
A lil Pop - E.g. Vanessa Carlton
Ska - E.g. Reel Big Fish

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Ska, and punk, alot of the old stuff is good, such as Van Halen, Led Zeppelin and what not.

Best answers
Would a little depth and description kill you? You like rap. Wow. Tell us why.

Best answers
While I don't like saying this word Emo...I just dont like the word, but I love the kind of music it is generally associated with, Dispatch, Dashboard, Dave, Ben Harper...

I also love early and mid 90's Grunge and Punk...good stuff

Best answers
I agree, it's an odd word for that kind of music. That's what you get when you let the MTV generation give something a name though.

Guy 1 - "Dude, what should we like, call this stuff, dude?"
Guy 2 - "EMO! *cough* EMO!"
Guy 1 - "Dude! That's like, awesome, dude!"
Guy 2 - "Dude, what was awesome? I was like, throwing up and stuff."

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some of the older metal/hard rock like Iron Maiden suits me fine...
I also like the metal/hard rock(so hard to differentiate between genres) of today...

It can be said that as long as it has great guitar riffs with a bit of crunchy distortion, it will float my boat.

Best answers
OOO I forgot to include my favorite band, Weezer. I'm not really sure what kind of category they go in, I guess surfer alternative? Whatever it is...Weezer is the best...play the last 3 min of Only In Dreams and you'll see what I mean

/me chuckles to himself (that last line sounds a lot like the song :p)

Best answers
I like to listen to Gregorian Chants. not really a genre of music but still in is interesting. It makes me kinda...i don't know...intrigued

Best answers
I like comedy actually. Go ahead and laugh at me, But I'll take the Arrogant Worms, or Weird Al over any genre (especially rap/hiphop) any day.

Best answers
RAP all da way.... some rock....
RAP:eminem,50cent,D12,NAZ
ROCK: System of a down,linkin park
and ionno why i like it i just do ***** ;)

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heavy F'ing Metal!

I think that's its official title...but I could be wrong :p

Best answers
I have to agree with DaKilla on my favorite music genre but Techno and Club Music come before rock.:]

Lost Password..

L
I don't really know what genre these bands are in... too hard to define, but I like stuff like Thrice, Thoughtcrime, Killswitch Engage, Rancid, At The Drive In... stuff like that

Best answers
I want to keep this thread going, so I may as well tell you all my favorite genre. I haven't done that yet and I started the thread. Go me. :p

I'm actually into just about everything. I usually don't care much for the borders of each type of music. If it sounds good to me, then I like it. I've been known to listen to everything from Rancid to Blink 182, from Metallica to Slipknot, from Creed to Finch. Generally I stay away from rap and hip-hop, Country music somehow manages to all sound the same, and most of the pop stuff (Spears, Pink, JLO kinda stuff) is stuff I stay away from.

Lid

L
Rock in all it's incarnates, except those guys who try to pass off B-Grade Rap with bad rock bass, Limp Bizkit (current) i'm looking in your direction. Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit (3 dollar bill y'all, significant other) keep on walking, u actually pull it off.

Best answers
for me justa bout ne thing but my FAV is Opeth u realy cant put them into a genre cuz u just have to listen to them go and download to bid you farewell and then go and download demon of the fall and ull see what im talkin about

Best answers
You can catagorize Opeth easily. There proggy - death metal. Well, there newer albums arn't to death influnenced. My fave genre is metal, fave sub genre is prog metal. But my fave band happens to be punk. \m/ Napalm Death \m/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom