Best answers
Tegen Toppa Gurren Lagann

It couldn't get much better...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Underage half-human, half-animal hybrids with incredibly large breasts, and shallow personalities. It's their job to collect magical gems that serve absolutely no purpose, but allow us to witness their zany adventures throughout. At some point, the girls invite talking horses and deer to a massive orgy. Alas, they are interrupted by a giant squid monster who uses his tentacles to violate everyone. The show becomes progressively darker (in the "oh my god, I'm scarred for life" sense) until it becomes unsuitable for human consumption.

At the end of the series, everyone dies, there's a bright flash of light and the camera zooms out. A white guy with dreadlocks wakes up, rises from his bed, walks over to the mirror and says, "Dude...I was so high." and the show ends.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure thats a real show in japan.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
based off of dexters laboratory. didnt know that.

in any case i enjoy the "harem" anime's. (the ones that dont suck, of course)
plenty of nudity
a sword
at some point, one of them is kidnapped by a ghost from the meiji era.

which reminds me. rurouni kenshin is the best anime ever.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmph,

Some extra long spikey haired muscle buff man squaring off against 400 other enemies at one time. With extra slowdowns to sophisticate the fighting and extra stellar effects to emphasize how advanced the man is in fighting. It shows him jump in the air with a 14 Ft long sword, and battling 400 enemies and landing back on the ground without a sweat broken. It has state of the art battle music, and the main protagonist doesn't say a word, because in actuality he has an introvert personality, but it does not affect his fighting skills.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was a brilliant show. I didn't think it came out of Japan, though.
It might as well have. And if it did it would probably be a helluva lot better.

DarkOwns said:
based off of dexters laboratory. didnt know that.
It was made by the same guy, not based off of it.

He also made Powerpuff girls.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
An anime with fighting similar to the Devil May Cry 4 cutscenes where it doesn't take intervals of 10 minute speeches for the fight to continue.

A series in an "Advent Children" style would please me, though it doesn't have to be 3D. I already have enough "deep"/"serious" shows, so I need some over the top, stylized action that isn't constantly interrupted by redundant dialouge.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It might as well have. And if it did it would probably be a helluva lot better.

It was made by the same guy, not based off of it.

He also made Powerpuff girls.
Dude, powerpuff girls did nothing but make fun of anime.

If Samurai Jack came out of Japan, Jack would have been replaced by a character with blue hair who owned a sword three times larger than his body. He'd also be able to fly, and his best friend would be half wolf, half human.

No offense to anime lovers, but you all know its true.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Underage half-human, half-animal hybrids with incredibly large breasts, and shallow personalities. It's their job to collect magical gems that serve absolutely no purpose, but allow us to witness their zany adventures throughout. At some point, the girls invite talking horses and deer to a massive orgy. Alas, they are interrupted by a giant squid monster who uses his tentacles to violate everyone. The show becomes progressively darker (in the "oh my god, I'm scarred for life" sense) until it becomes unsuitable for human consumption.

At the end of the series, everyone dies, there's a bright flash of light and the camera zooms out. A white guy with dreadlocks wakes up, rises from his bed, walks over to the mirror and says, "Dude...I was so high." and the show ends.
By far, the best answer.

I'd say Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo slammed into one with limited DBZ powers. And no one is invincible in my show or has the power to blow up a planet 10x over.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want a show that makes me think a bit, but isn't a complete mental thriller, it has to have a lot of action. Sword/gun fights are a must, and they would have to be epic and use crazy camera angles and it has to be raining during every fight for some reason. The show would have to be modern, not necessarily futuristic, but nothing before the 20th century. I love shows that are episodic like mushi-shi, ghost in the shell, witch hunter robin and detective conan. They have some sort of story-line in there somewhere but there is a new theme/story presented with every episode, it keeps things fresh. Animation wise, I would love to see a good amount of detail into scenery and lighting effects (similar to death notes amazing use of lighting effects), and for gods sake no typical huge "stylized" anime eyes on any of the characters, not even the women...

Story-wise, I'd love to see something dealing with the super natural, but in a more serious, scary sense. I wouldn't even care if there wasn't a main character, just a team of crazy ass people doing the cool stuff they do, not getting too personal or focusing too much on one person. Ghost in the shell does a great job in that regard; even though motoko is the main character they usually focus on the team as a whole and they sometimes focus on a different characters outlook of the events of the episode or their backstory.

So as a checklist:

- Super natural psychological thriller
- Modern but not futuristic
- It has to rain....a lot...
- No main character
- Long life-span (not the typical badass 26 episode anime)
- Episodic roots, every episode should introduce a new event
- Epic sword/gun fight scenes with crazy camera angles
- Sexy production values, no expenses spared
- Widescreen

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cowboy bebop prequel w/
- Epic sword/gun fight scenes with crazy camera angles
- Sexy production values, no expenses spared
- Widescreen

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Needs mecha, a few protagonists but without any of them being the main one, a devious plot, good animation and contrasting heroes (e.g one extremely violent and another making puns).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom