Best answers
Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
he awakens from his slumber

Best answers
I personally hate the idea of releasing it.Developers if you hear me,Do not release esf:f.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This thread should be closed as soon as possible :smile:

Best answers
Why work on bugs now when they can finish major features and then fix all the bugs after?
Because if you already work on a shabby code/game basis there is a greater tendency to make it worse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

I don't think the team doesn't focus on fixing bugs though, it's just hard to make pretty pictures out of that to show to the public.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
ESF is never coming out, because the entire mod has been transformed into a Shingeki no Kyojin one instead, with all old systems being tweaked/changed for new purposes.
Game is now basically a co-op battle against titans, though there are modes where human players can play as Titans as well and so on.
[video=youtube;OpYF_HWvQbI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpYF_HWvQbI[/video]
ICOULDN'TRESISTOK

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought you were going to post a video about that Titan Hunter game on Unity.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because if you already work on a shabby code/game basis there is a greater tendency to make it worse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

I don't think the team doesn't focus on fixing bugs though, it's just hard to make pretty pictures out of that to show to the public.
Well, I was mainly referring to something like a bug fixing phase (which wasn't really clear in my post, sorry!). The point I was trying to make was there isn't much of a reason to polish everything right now when there are more features that need to be added that could add bugs and crashes, or additions to the other features.

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HAI GAIZE LETS ALL SAY THE MOD IS DYING EVEN AFTER GETTING MULTIPLE RELEASES WITH CONSISTENT POTWS AND VIDEOS BECAUSE I KNOW BETTER THAN THE PEOPLE DEVELOPING IT FOR MORE THAN TEN YEARS AHURRDURDDURRR

And there goes my sarcasm limit for this year.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
HAI GAIZE LETS ALL SAY THE MOD IS DYING EVEN AFTER GETTING MULTIPLE RELEASES WITH CONSISTENT POTWS AND VIDEOS BECAUSE I KNOW BETTER THAN THE PEOPLE DEVELOPING IT FOR MORE THAN TEN YEARS AHURRDURDDURRR
Congrat's You found out the big nasty plan :-/ AHURRDURDDURRR

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I recommend that this thread be closed. It's turning into a warzone against the idiots.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We can't just close threads because we don't agree with some opinions stated here. Things are somewhat on topic and there's no need for that.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What is the purpose of this thread?

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To serve as a platform for a whiny, narcissistic drone apparently.

I wouldn't worry too much, it's just filler.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Actually on other thought - atleast all the whining is in one thread not all around the forum

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or we could not tolerate whining and have it not appear at all.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That would be for the best.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
NOooooo, it wouldn't!!!!
It's a stupid ideaaa! And you are stupid toooooooo! HUrrrrrrdurrrrrr
That was the most stupid response in this thread o_o

Best answers
Well, I was mainly referring to something like a bug fixing phase (which wasn't really clear in my post, sorry!). The point I was trying to make was there isn't much of a reason to polish everything right now when there are more features that need to be added that could add bugs and crashes, or additions to the other features.
Fixing bugs before adding new features is always recommended and is industry best-practice. After all, your bugs will certainly not be easier to locate and fix once there is more code. Now of course there are reasons why this is not always practical, especially when the coders and testers are not in the same place and do not work at the same time, but "there are more features that need to be added that could add bugs and crashes" is not one of them. I think however that you are referring to a case where a non-crashing bug is in part of the code that is scheduled to be replaced. That might be a valid reason to temporarily ignore a bug, but I'd say these cases are relatively rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom