You Can't Hide It, ESF Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
I've noticed how you changed your logo, have updates every week, changed the website...

It's clear that you guys want our attention so maybe in a couple months release the game.

Amirite? :smile:

Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
nowhere close

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've noticed how you changed your logo, have updates every week, changed the website...

It's clear that you guys want our attention so maybe in a couple months release the game.

Amirite? :smile:
Nah the website was planned since last year. The logo is part of the website and the regular POTWs are every week again because we actually have a PR guy again ^^

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think many people know this, but they made a website like 2 or 3 years ago that was nice and it never saw the light of day. I think the guy working on it disappeared, but yeah, it didn't mean the mod was coming out soon back then and it doesn't really mean the mod is coming out anytime soon now. It would be nice though ^_^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think many people know this, but they made a website like 2 or 3 years ago that was nice and it never saw the light of day. I think the guy working on it disappeared, but yeah, it doesn't really mean the mod is coming out anytime soon. That would be nice though ^_^
That site was nowhere near finished. But yea this one kinda stems from those roots.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, for what I know, by the actual progress of game, the minimum is next year probably. 2013 is really doubtful. It could get out sooner if we find at least some new modelers or any kind of artists that can help create the mod.

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, for what I know, by the actual progress of game, the minimum is next year probably. 2013 is really doubtful. It could get out sooner if we find at least some new modelers or any kind of artists that can help create the mod.
Well they said last year that Christmas 2012 may be possible, just goes to show you they have no idea and we will just have to wait... patiently. :(

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well they said last year that Christmas 2012 may be possible, just goes to show you they have no idea and we will just have to wait... patiently. :(
Well see, the content is changing and it's really hard (almost impossible) to predict when it will come out , because they are adding new content , fixing the old one and trying to finish everything. It may seem that esf:f will come out next year , but who knows what new features they will come up with.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No one discusses this game outside the forums= No one sees it= No help= Slow Work= Eventually it'll die. It happens to everything. NNK Is an example. Actually Every single HL1 mod except for Sven-Coop is basically dead now.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No one discusses this game outside the forums= No one sees it= No help= Slow Work= Eventually it'll die. It happens to everything. NNK Is an example. Actually Every single HL1 mod except for Sven-Coop is basically dead now.
Don't you dare talk like that. The only thing that can kill ESF is people who doesn't believe that it will release one day. And the highest popularity gain will be when the mod releases.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NNK had management problems. Considering no one from the team is creating any form of unneeded hype by giving an estimated release date, ESF should be fine.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Sillypants said:
People see the game. It's advertised on youtube, for instance. They go to the forums. Some of them help. Some of them spread the word of ESF. Right now, ESF has been worked on for a total of about 10 years, I think. I don't think that after that long they are going to drop the game right now.

What about CoF? People download that. The forums are still active.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well at least all of them I've played have 0 people on multiplayer. Maybe 2 or 3 on a password protected server. This includes all of them on steam. Sven Coop has been the only one I've seen with as many players if not more than HL2 deathmatch.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Sillypants said:
Well at least all of them I've played have 0 people on multiplayer. Maybe 2 or 3 on a password protected server. This includes all of them on steam. Sven Coop has been the only one I've seen with as many players if not more than HL2 deathmatch.
ESF has plenty of people playing on the servers; they are presumably not playing in your time zone, so they'd be playing when you're asleep or not online. The password protected servers have a pretty easy password, which I don't think I should say here. ^^,

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ESF has plenty of people playing on the servers; they are presumably not playing in your time zone, so they'd be playing when you're asleep or not online. The password protected servers have a pretty easy password, which I don't think I should say here. ^^,
I've never seen anyone on ESF 1.2.3 but the ECX RC2 servers are usually near full. That's the best I've seen so far.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea i played Horatio and Planet Hexagon on tuesday. After about 30 or 40 minutes we had a 5 v 5 going ^^

Regular ESF, the middle of the week and on a server where only legit players can enter ^^

Best answers
Esf will be epic when released...though i never played online and i don t think i will try out Esf Final.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Time for some real talk.

Both the ingame community and forum community is in a state of decay. There's no arguing around that. Activity on the forum and ingame are nowhere near early or mid 1.2 levels. When we're bragging about a whole 5v5, you know the good 'ol days are long gone. Advertising and maintaining a presence outside of select niches is almost non-existent, but whether that's due to mismanagement or the realization that there simply isn't enough content or media to string along a large community is up to you.

Will all of this change closer to release? Undoubtedly. Is there a plan of attack to retain the people we attract? o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom