You Can't Hide It, ESF Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I prefer the old website more. Simple and clean yet very beautiful too.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
It's true, DT and GG aren't working on ESF anymore. The only thing actively being worked on is the destruction.
Thats why the game will never be finished. They will give up. One thing being worked on. And another thing, they only work on this with there free time, which is lame and never will be out like that. Besides they say the game has many bugs, crashes, etc. Then why not work on this crashes, etc? And then go on with adding features down the road. Or just fix the bugs, release the game, and then add additional feature update patches over time. This game is going to be getting old & forgotten, due to the new Next-Gen Console's, and the new upcomming games for pc, ETC.

And another reason why they took down the Donations, is because its simple. think about it, They dont want people donating for a game and never comes out, then refunding for it. They will put them into a bind. They would love to take the donation's for ESF, but if the game fail's, all the people who donated will be in the dump, and pretty sure end up refunding it. So, i personally think, they took it down. So people will not donate for a non available mod.

Last edited:
I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thats why the game will never be finished. They will give up. One thing being worked on. And another thing, they only work on this with there free time, which is lame and never will be out like that. Besides they say the game has many bugs, crashes, etc. Then why not work on this crashes, etc? And then go on with adding features down the road. Or just fix the bugs, release the game, and then add additional feature update patches over time. This game is going to be getting old & forgotten, due to the new Next-Gen Console's, and the new upcomming games for pc, ETC.
You are so wrong ... if you would actually talk to some devs and be interested in it , you would know how much time they spend on making the game , and fixing everything. Also they must complete one thing and then do another. They can't jump all over the features and make everything. One step at a time. First make all the features you want , then fix the bugs and then optimize.

And none of them called "next-gen" can be better than what ESF:F is, because it's using true next-gen tech.

Force Pit Member
Best answers

And another reason why they took down the Donations, is because its simple. think about it, They dont want people donating for a game and never comes out, then refunding for it. They will put them into a bind. They would love to take the donation's for ESF, but if the game fail's, all the people who donated will be in the dump, and pretty sure end up refunding it. So, i personally think, they took it down. So people will not donate for a non available mod.
Count yourself lucky that being an annoying shit-stirrer isn't a bannable offense.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Sorry bruh, just stating the truth ;)

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Seniority doesn't stop you from being banned. It's all too painfully obvious to me now that that's what you think.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sorry bruh, just stating the truth ;)
the things you stated in your previous post were not truth. If you just watch the development of the game by the update count, you can be mistaken. You have to see what they are actually doing and how hard they are working.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
k ima stop talkin to you, cuz i dont feel like arguing, aight?

--- edit ---

the things you stated in your previous post were not truth. If you just watch the development of the game by the update count, you can be mistaken. You have to see what they are actually doing and how hard they are working.

Where are you leaking your information? Cause i sure like to no..

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I guess the basic cognitive abilities to read and process simple information qualify as leaking to you.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Goldsource came out in 1998. How is this "Next-Gen"
Because they modified the engine so it runs with all the new next-gen features, like physx, OpenGL 3.x and others.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I guess the dynamic shadows(which is not native to GoldSrc), day/night cycles, custom particle systems, custom water shader, and 3D-rendered/animated grass that can be covered by decals just doesn't cut it.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I guess the dynamic shadows(which is not native to GoldSrc), day/night cycles, custom particle systems, custom water shader, and 3D-rendered/animated grass that can be covered by decals just doesn't cut it.
What about fractal destruction?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The grass is the only next gen tech I've seen. Everything else has been done before (Obviously not in GoldSource) Day/Night Cycles isn't a big deal and neither is dynamic shadows or water shaders. It's the fact that it's in Gold Source (Should now be called ESF Source) that counts.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy **** I was kidding. Everyone is working on their own thing right now.

Why work on bugs now when they can finish major features and then fix all the bugs after? For starters, people like DT and GG don't even code, so that has nothing to do with what they're doing. As for the actual programmers, it's more efficient if you work on major features first, and then fix the minor bugs later. Another thing I'd like to mention is that ESF is a mod for a game that is pretty much old and (somewhat) forgotten due to the next-gen consoles and upcoming games. ESF taking a while to release isn't going to do anything about the mod itself being old and forgotten, because it's running on a game that pretty much fits that category. With that being said, with the amount of work and incredible "magic" being done to the mod brings a lot of attention to ESF, and will definitely turn a good amount of heads once this game is released. There's not much publicity for ESF right now if you think about it, but once ESF is released and people get the chance to play it and actually see what's being done, they'll be incredibly surprised and the game would likely have a somewhat large community.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well then what is "next-gen"?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahah, ps4 and xbox are next gen CONSOLES, not next gen in graphics technology. That being said, ESF isn't next gen in anything either. Everything you see is the result of hours of painstaking labor and skill. You don't need the latest in graphics and physics in order to make a good game. You just need some ingenuity, skill, and patience.

Thats why the game will never be finished. They will give up. One thing being worked on. And another thing, they only work on this with there free time, which is lame and never will be out like that. Besides they say the game has many bugs, crashes, etc. Then why not work on this crashes, etc? And then go on with adding features down the road. Or just fix the bugs, release the game, and then add additional feature update patches over time. This game is going to be getting old & forgotten, due to the new Next-Gen Console's, and the new upcomming games for pc, ETC

ESF has survived for a long, long time. It's also one of very few mods that have players active. Sure, it's not very many but it's more than enough to get a good game going if you're willing to wait 20 minutes for a full server. They haven't given up after 10 years thus far, I don't expect them to any time soon. If it's such a huge problem for you, just go play one of the billion other DBZ games. I hear Ultimate Tenkaichi is pretty good.

The thing is, that's pretty much what they tried to do. In a way. They released the Open Beta so they could get help finding bugs and gain ideas on feature implementation. You know what happened? Noobs joined en masse and complained endlessly. Either about the bugs or the lack of features. So, no thanks. I'd rather sit here and wait patiently for the game.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hahah, ps4 and xbox are next gen CONSOLES, not next gen in graphics technology. That being said, ESF isn't next gen in anything either. Everything you see is the result of hours of painstaking labor and skill. You don't need the latest in graphics and physics in order to make a good game. You just need some ingenuity, skill, and patience.

ESF has survived for a long, long time. It's also one of very few mods that have players active. Sure, it's not very many but it's more than enough to get a good game going if you're willing to wait 20 minutes for a full server. They haven't given up after 10 years thus far, I don't expect them to any time soon. If it's such a huge problem for you, just go play one of the billion other DBZ games. I hear Ultimate Tenkaichi is pretty good.

The thing is, that's pretty much what they tried to do. In a way. They released the Open Beta so they could get help finding bugs and gain ideas on feature implementation. You know what happened? Noobs joined en masse and complained endlessly. Either about the bugs or the lack of features. So, no thanks. I'd rather sit here and wait patiently for the game.
Well said :yes:.Still can't understand humans who complain about betas. It's like criticizing a painting and saying it is trash and it lacks something , while it's still work in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom