XP Autorun function no longer works + possible handy dandy software?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
For some reason, the XP Autorun feature/function is no longer working when connecting USB devices such as a camera, MP3 player, etc. The weird thing is that it is enabled when I checked the XP functions, so I have no idea why it doesn't work anymore. So.. Any idea how to solve/fix this? I've already tried many options and wizards in attempt to fix it but so far I got nothing.

Also, if anyone knows a good/great software to copy over files (such as images) to a new named folder in my documents/pictures with ease, that would be great. As my dad isn't the computer type.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Honestly, I'm rather confused with your reply. Autorun doesn't work with anything anymore, not my MP3 player, my GF's camera or my dads camera's (yes, 2).

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had a similar problem years ago on XP with auto-run not working when putting a CD in the drive.

The fix was a combination of make sure it's enabled in XP settings (which you've done) and then I think updating the drivers on the drives, but that probably doesn't help with USB devices. I honestly don't remember what else I tried...

Could try deleting the drivers of your mp3 player and reinstalling through plugNplay, see if it picks them up?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tech Bench, the forum that this thread is supposed to be in! :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Tech Bench, the forum that this thread is supposed to be in! :)
You do realize that in this same section a stick thread exists with a lot of software, right? I see the tech bench as everything hardware related. You could have made a much more useful reply.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I seem to have fixed it a few days ago. It looked like there was something corrupted, and the wizard tool fixed it. Thanks though :).

Users who are viewing this thread