Xbox One

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Maybe they did this so consoles die out and PC gaming can get to it's maximum ? And if Sony will be smart enough then maybe it will be almost good as PC and developers can make games that are actually good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think people are focusing way too much on the wrong issues. Did Microsoft show a lot of games? No. Did the PS4? Yes, but did they show the console? No. Did they show many of the other potentially awesome features the PS4 can handle? Not really.

At the beginning of the conference Microsoft said they were going to show their exclusives off at E3. The focus of the conference was to show off the other amazing things the Xbox One will do besides gaming, things which I'm pretty excited for if they can get the features working on an international level. Microsoft isn't going to blow their entire load off in one conference and focus on one part of their new console.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That wasn't really the issue. The issue was that the Xbox is pretty much built to do everything that all of the technology we -already have- can do. And then the internet blew up about that used game issue. We all know that they're waiting for E3 to show their games, but the lack of games shown at their premiere left us wondering about the graphic capabilities. As cool as it is to show an insanely detailed face of an old man, we want to see explosions, magic, and lightning. The Xbone is supposed to be on par with the PS4 as far as hardware goes, yet we didn't get to see anything.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what I've seen the PS4 is slightly superior to the Xbone

We will see at their E3 shows

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
They are stupid or just think we are stupid ? Next-gen game engine : fishes moves away from you, you can jump over the obstacles (***** please ! mirrors edge , battlefield 3 and even their old games) :laff:

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jumping while maintaining momentum is new for CoD I don't think they ever said it was wholly new tech that bit

But the fish bit, The fish bit is dumb

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Jumping while maintaining momentum is new for CoD I don't think they ever said it was wholly new tech that bit

But the fish bit, The fish bit is dumb
I just read an article : Xbox One needs internet connection every 24 hours because it checks if you have illegal games on it....

Force Pit Member
Best answers
We're totally not forcing DRM, guys. And the console totally doesn't need to stay online all the time. Just once every 24 hours. That's totally not all the time basically.

Totally.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I wonder what they do if you don't connect it to internet ? xD blocks the xbox one ? I'm pretty sure that hackers will be able to hack xbox one to bypass that non sense

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I'm with Diomedes; though I had to get rid of my ps3 it's just all the more reason to go with Ps4.. sounds like it's going to be FUNDAMENTALLY GLORIOUS!!! Unlike microsoft who apparently can only count backwards.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not completely out of the Microsoft camp, yet. The 360 was a mess when it came out, and it wasn't until later that it became a powerhouse, while the PS3 offered me nothing in the way of incentives, either via exclusives or better fps for multiplatform games. I'm probably going to wait 2 years before I even think about picking one of them up just to see if one of them explodes when you turn it on.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not completely out of the Microsoft camp, yet. The 360 was a mess when it came out, and it wasn't until later that it became a powerhouse, while the PS3 offered me nothing in the way of incentives, either via exclusives or better fps for multiplatform games. I'm probably going to wait 2 years before I even think about picking one of them up just to see if one of them explodes when you turn it on.
I am sure we will have another Red Ring and Yellow Light.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm a very happy man to be apart of the master race B)

Here's hoping Sony won't follow Microsoft's footsteps though...

Best answers
Good news, everyone! The Xbox One is boosted by Cloud Computing, our all-time favorite. Also, latency is a lie.
I could think of a number of things that require lots of calculation power but relatively small framerates for which that would be interesting. Like realistically simulating the movement and behavior of huge crowds (audiences in the stadium of your favorite sports game, people walking around the city in Assasins Creed with actual goals (e.g. wanting to buy X cheap), people fleeing the trainstation you just set on fire), more realistic economic/human behavior simulations (think SimX games), smarter behavior of AI in strategy games even when the player's troops are not near, better pathfinding, etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom