Xbox One

Best answers
You mean what Sim City 5 (yes i am calling it that) said it would do, but failed miserably at. They claimed their calculations would simulate people, yet they are equally as stupid as they were in the previous game. Not paying attention to traffic, not returning to their homes, having ALL 20 police units chase 1 guy while there are 5 others escaping, having the fire department with ALL vehicles travel to a fire on the other end of town, while the building across the street started burning just a second after the first one.

Sorry hars, while i see the potential in simulating complex behavior patterns outside on a server for it, you have to agree, that what they claim and what they do are totally separate things.

As for the uses of an Xbox. It has all the functionality of a smart TV, while keeping a constant eye on you.
That EA fails at employing it does not mean that it's not an interesting technology.

I agree though, I can see some really cool things being done with cloud connectivity, but that shit belongs in an mmo. Definitely not in our single player assassins creed game.
Why not? For the mmo you can calculate your stuff on the server anyways, so for that there is no need for extra cloud connectivity.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True that. It was a real blunder and it is an interesting technology. But i for one want to at least have the option to not require an internet connection for my single player games >.<

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True that. It was a real blunder and it is an interesting technology. But i for one want to at least have the option to not require an internet connection for my single player games >.<
Exxxxxactly what he said. One of my big faults with Steam is that I can't seem to save an offline profile. At all. I've actually contacted valve support about that and they were stumped as well. I think it has something to do with our routers in-built firewall. So, of course, that means I can't play any games off steam if we lose internet.

Which is why I have a console as a backup. I can give or take multiplayer.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That isn't a fault with steam. The issue is completely on your end.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The connectivity isn't a fault, no. But I wouldn't be able to access any games if my internet went out. Which sucks. The point i was making, though, was that I wouldn't be able to just get off of the computer and go play Xbox if I simultaneously don't have internet, and haven't "checked in" on that day or if all games rely on cloud computing.

I'm not suing them or anything, it's just something I don't like about it. Otherwise, ******* love steam. Did I mention I got the entire star wars collection for 30 bucks?

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's all conjecture, though. We don't know that you need to check in every 24 hours yet. It appears even their spokesmen don't really know what's up at this point.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, true enough. Like I said, really trying to hold opinion on it until they get their heads outta their asses with the marketing aspect. They may very well be making shit up so that people get talking about it, then they release a statement displaying how all rumors were wrong and the console actually cures cancer as well as HIV, alongside it's ability to play games at 2175P resolution, and has a mountain dew dispenser.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, true enough. Like I said, really trying to hold opinion on it until they get their heads outta their asses with the marketing aspect. They may very well be making shit up so that people get talking about it, then they release a statement displaying how all rumors were wrong and the console actually cures cancer as well as HIV, alongside it's ability to play games at 2175P resolution, and has a mountain dew dispenser.
The only caveat is that Kinect must watch you masturbate. There's a reason the camera on this thing is 1080p.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The only caveat is that Kinect must watch you masturbate. There's a reason the camera on this thing is 1080p.
AND THEN REPLAY IT WHEN THERE'S SOMEONE ELSE LOGGED IN THE SAME HOUSE , AND MAKE IT AKWARD xD

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers

What if the single player games offered enhanced experiences if you have the connection running? What if while connected to the matrix, The One could process and add all sorts of extra stuff that isn't vital to the game but makes the experience even better than the basic version of the game. Essentially a similar effect like wearing 3D glasses or watching TV in color!

--- edit ---

Who do you work for?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
@Pumaduce: It's 40-50 dollars a year for a better online experience than the PS3. I honestly don't understand why anyone is complaining about that.
First off. Better online experience is BS. If I'm not mistaken Xbox has also had a few hacks of it's own too. It's like the "where is your god now?"
Second. Every other device can connect to the internet for free( well for the fee that you are already paying to have internet to begin with unless you have a willing free wi-fi donation)
Third. Pay two fees to connect connect to the internet *self-slap* WHAT (may be wrong on this one, doubt it though)
Fourth. If boogie is correct on this, there is also a similar service on the PS3. I may have understood it wrong, but for using that service the PS3 gives you free games. For using the Xbox service you get posters the likes of Master Chief drinking mountain dew, ha-ha-ha-ha-ha so subtle and so well integrated and coupons for various things that are sponsoring the Xbox, like I dunno Pizza hut if I'm not mistaken. Posters! The ones that sites the likes of oh I don't know Google Images give for free anyway... and that sites like GOG give away, if you want something legit...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've seen hackers on all 3 systems, in a multitude of games. But during my short stint with the ps3, I definitely preferred the more stabe framerate over the 360. MP was never really important to me on a console, as I would prefer to play CS rather than have a bunch of pre-pubescent douchebag kids yell at me over CoD.

Also, can we get the title of the thread changed to "Xbone"?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First off. Better online experience is BS. If I'm not mistaken Xbox has also had a few hacks of it's own too. It's like the "where is your god now?"
Second. Every other device can connect to the internet for free( well for the fee that you are already paying to have internet to begin with unless you have a willing free wi-fi donation)
Third. Pay two fees to connect connect to the internet *self-slap* WHAT (may be wrong on this one, doubt it though)
Fourth. If boogie is correct on this, there is also a similar service on the PS3. I may have understood it wrong, but for using that service the PS3 gives you free games. For using the Xbox service you get posters the likes of Master Chief drinking mountain dew, ha-ha-ha-ha-ha so subtle and so well integrated and coupons for various things that are sponsoring the Xbox, like I dunno Pizza hut if I'm not mistaken. Posters! The ones that sites the likes of oh I don't know Google Images give for free anyway... and that sites like GOG give away, if you want something legit...
First, Sony was targeted, and they decided not to say something until quite some time after the fact. The only issues I've heard about when it comes to the 360 is people putting mod tools on refurbished units, selling them, and then accessing credit card info from there. Quite a big difference between the company losing your information and being tricked by sellers.

Second, you're capable of connecting to Live with the silver membership. Really, the only thing you can't do that anyone would actually care about is play on multiplayer. If multiplayer is that big of a deal to you, you probably don't mind paying 40-50 bucks a year anyway.

Third, what?

Fourth, it doesn't even sound like you know what you're talking about when it comes to the PS3, so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up. The playstation network is alright, but you're not going to find the same number of players for the big name games as you will on Live. The latest game to have difficulty finding matches online on the PS3 is Injustice, where people have to wait a whopping 5 minutes to find someone, whereas its about 20 seconds max on the 360.

@ Dark: I don't care if people hack online. I care about the company losing my credit card information, and having to change everything once that happens, as it did with Sony.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*shrug* I don't use credit for anything involving the internet, myself, so I don't personally see the alarm but Microsoft has it's own problems with it's console. For instance, that mod tool fiasco isn't simply that they trick you into selling your xbox to them and taking the info. That info is (reportedly) staying on the console even after a factory default reset and being able to retrieve the data afterwards.

I still prefer the slight gap in power over the internet. I can understand where you're coming from but Microsoft is the leading company in software. They don't need to charge, and that money is certainly not buying the extra security nor is it even going to the server that runs the game you're playing. I've heard XBL has some pretty cool shit on it, though. But I don't think the server usage on those small app games justify paying a monthly/yearly fee.

It's the same reason I fell out of World of Warcraft. At a certain point, you realize you spent over 500 dollars on this one game.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*shrug* I don't use credit for anything involving the internet, myself, so I don't personally see the alarm but Microsoft has it's own problems with it's console. For instance, that mod tool fiasco isn't simply that they trick you into selling your xbox to them and taking the info. That info is (reportedly) staying on the console even after a factory default reset and being able to retrieve the data afterwards.

I still prefer the slight gap in power over the internet. I can understand where you're coming from but Microsoft is the leading company in software. They don't need to charge, and that money is certainly not buying the extra security nor is it even going to the server that runs the game you're playing. I've heard XBL has some pretty cool shit on it, though. But I don't think the server usage on those small app games justify paying a monthly/yearly fee.

It's the same reason I fell out of World of Warcraft. At a certain point, you realize you spent over 500 dollars on this one game.
If you buy any online game, if you buy dlc, if you buy points or whatever, you're using your credit card. If you buy it via your pc, that information is still linked to your account on your ps3. If you have a WiiU, no one cares so you're probably safe.

You may have misinterpreted what I stated. They wipe the 360, then install the mod tools which are basically in stealth mode. Someone buys that modded 360, because its cheap, uses it, has their account info on it, purchases games, and so on. The person never bothers to look for those kinds of tools because who the hell would even think to check for that? And then they've got you. So basically, just don't buy refurbished or used 360s. That solves that problem. Sony losing your information? You solve that by not giving it to them.

They don't need to charge, but they do. Whether or not that money goes to making Live a superior service is irrelevant to me, because it absolutely is a superior service. It doesn't buy extra security, but they still haven't given my cc info to 3rd parties, so I'm perfectly content with the platform.

You have neither console, so complaining about Live is retarded.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you buy any online game, if you buy dlc, if you buy points or whatever, you're using your credit card. If you buy it via your pc, that information is still linked to your account on your ps3. If you have a WiiU, no one cares so you're probably safe.

You may have misinterpreted what I stated. They wipe the 360, then install the mod tools which are basically in stealth mode. Someone buys that modded 360, because its cheap, uses it, has their account info on it, purchases games, and so on. The person never bothers to look for those kinds of tools because who the hell would even think to check for that? And then they've got you. So basically, just don't buy refurbished or used 360s. That solves that problem. Sony losing your information? You solve that by not giving it to them.

They don't need to charge, but they do. Whether or not that money goes to making Live a superior service is irrelevant to me, because it absolutely is a superior service. It doesn't buy extra security, but they still haven't given my cc info to 3rd parties, so I'm perfectly content with the platform.

You have neither console, so complaining about Live is retarded.
I don't use my credit card for any of that. I just use the point cards that you can get at Gamestop and Walmart. My card is for emergencies, not for buying extra outfits for my female Shepard. Before the point cards were a thing, I didn't buy online. At all. There's no such thing as secure on the internet. Every form of defensive programming or encryption just requires time and manpower to get past. Some more than others.

This is all I read on that matter. Just did a quick google when you mentioned it. Seems to be oversight on the factory reset program.
http://www.geek.com/games/even-an-x...-your-credit-card-details-vulnerable-1479369/

I don't have an Xbox solely because of the fee. I no longer have a ps3 because I sold it about 6 months after buying it in order to extrapolate the funds needed to move out. I've tried both, and yeah I preferred PS3. I like the stable frame-rate better than I like multiplayer. If you want to pay Microsoft to continue to use their console after buying their console go ahead. I'm not saying anything against other people doing it.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You keep saying the ps3 has a "stable frame rate", but every single thing I've read about multiplatform games has the 360 at a higher, and more stable frame rate. The 360 is the better console for multiplatform games, which is why it boiled down solely to exclusives and brand loyalty. I rarely ever play games, so Gold isn't a big deal to me. I'm not paying them anything (especially since I got a free year from a buddy). I don't need any of the features that come with gold. If I did, if I wanted to play online, or if I wanted to do whatever comes with gold, I'd buy it. Just like if I had a PS3, and I wanted certain features, I'd get Plus.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Admittedly, fps may be more a factor of the specific softwares optimization towards one console, and I only play a few games on console so I'd admit I'm not wholely worthy of representing that. I noticed on CoD, Battlefield, Bioshock, and Final Fantasy that it seemed better on PS3.

But that's generally why I've always supported Nintendo first and foremost...and then maybe got a Playstation or an Xbox further down the line. Whether or not they ****ed up the marketing, Xbone and PS4 are gonna do fine, and so is the Wii U. I just don't like the lack of consideration for the players from Xbox. There's no reason to have an online fee when they already have the top selling console, and a bustling app/game online marketplace and community. I've never had that problem with Nintendo or Valve (when it comes to Steam).

So yeah, Nintendo has my loyalty. But they've had 20 years to earn it. I also really do like the Gamepad, I think it's handy as hell and a great fill in for my lack of owning a tablet/ipad. Not to mention it was fairly cheap.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty sure the PS3 has outsold the 360 and the Wii has outsold both. Not exactly the top selling console. I think the fact that it has such a bustling app/game online marketplace and community suggests the platform is preferable to the alternatives, regardless of whether or not they have to pay 40 whole dollars over a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom