X-Men 3: The Last Stand

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if i remember correctly, gambits name at least made a small cameo in X2 when mystique was looking around in one of the computers.

if everything is as i remembered, gambits name was listed among the students at the academy, would you really WANT to see a teenage gambit? theres no way in hell they could pull that off and satisfy everyone.

that and he was rogue's man-whore. now she already has a boyfriend in iceman if they just threw him in there, fans of the original xmen storyline would hate it even moreso than before.

i do plan on going and seeing the movie solely because juggernaut is in it, he was always my favourite bad dude in xmen, he was the only dude to take on the full force of ALL the active xmen at once. (though i seriously doubt they could make a suitable real-life representation of juggernaut)

Best answers
You gotta admit, though, this guy looks like he could pull off a good version Juggernaut.

Why has anyone not mentioned the astouding, although completely fantastic choice, of choosing Kelsey Grammar to play as Beast? It shocked the hell out of me, like it did with Patrick Stewart as Xavier... But it's so obvious, it sort of slaps you in the face.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
QFT. I wanted to puke when we saw'em in X2 and he had NO russian accent... I guess real russians don't look like that... poop.

On the topic of Gambit: They didn't include him because he was too powerful as a mutant.

Besides that, they were probably too scared of screwing up with it since he IS too popular. They can do something blech like make the big Steely Russian into a stupid American, but they can't screw up on Gambit's charm, lest they face some very harsh criticism.

Besides, I sincerely doubt the movies follow the X-men universe very well to begin with, any how.
Right...once again, Gambit isn't in the movie because no one wanted to play him. The director wanted him in the film though.

And yeah lol. Kelsey Grammar is an awesome Beast.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

And the award for worst hair style goes to...

Best answers
Gambit isn't that popular. Alot of x-men purists hate gambit. And yes Xavier will and/or Cyke will die you foolishness. The only point in the Trailer in which we see Cyclops is when he finds Jean. Then she kills him. Ok. Cylcops is more busy over at metropolis playing Lois Lanes fiance.

And no, no Apocolyspe, AoA or days of future past storylines will get into this movie. As all the movies are based in a more real X-men universe. Hence why they won't touch the Shi'ar with the Dark Phoenix storyline.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering Jean joins Magneto in the movie, I think theres a pretty good chance of her going back to the X-Man and dying for them. Only one X-Men dies. Thats why there is only one grave.

This guys was the first choice for Angel, but hes doing some other movie:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/3975/Events/3975/MikeVogel_Grani_6831288_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Vogel,%20Mike

EDIT: A) After some research, Cyclops may die after all. If he did die, its because the actor had to work on another movie (thats a horrible reason to kill him off).
B) Size of the tombstone may represent the importance of the character, so it could be X. I'm going to watch the trailer one last time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was never a huge X-Men fan, but the movies are pretty cool and I would love them to do the Apocalypse stuff but I seriously don't see it happening. As for the big "GAMBIT" fiasco, sure he is cool but...whatever right?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gambit wasn't even that important...

Best answers
He speaks truthery... for once...

VivaLaPineapple said:
there is no gambit therefore this movie will suck
Um, how do you deduce THAT? Your fanboi-ism? I like Gambit, too, but he's just a playboy that blows stuff up. That's nice and all, but it's not crucial to their story. Maybe to an the story, but not the one in the movies.

Since the theatrical production of X-Men is so much more different, extracted from the original stories, you can't really make any conclusions as to what will happen, nor how it will happen, since it's Hollywood's baby now.

Slightly off-topic: Did Storm have such a grudge against the humans in the comics? I don't remember her having one in the cartoon series, anyways. They have her hating the humans most out of all the X-men. I just didn't know if this was her original character or not...

Best answers
Funny how much people conclude out of 2 minutes of preview footage..

If they wanted, they could make Magnetto look like a good guy, and X as the reincarnation of Hitler in the trailer, and when you see the movie, it's the other way around.. That's the magic of trailers people, makes you wonder what will happen, thus you're going to see the movie..

For all we know, storm says maybe 3-4 things in the movie that are anti-human, because that's what they show in the trailer, but other characters curse the humans every 2 seconds, yet they didn't show that :p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you, Captain Obvious. Where would we be without your obvious and completely unnecessary commentary?

Cyclops dies. The actor had too many scheduling conflicts due to him doing 2 movies at the same time. Sonavafemaledog. I heard 2 other characters die but now I just don't care. Halle Berry is now leader of the X-Men. Hurrah.

2 other characters might die if they're going with the storyline I think they're going with.

Best answers
*Editted out some stuff because it wasn't necessary or labeled appropriately*

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please forgive me for not reading every word of your post. Its just that sometimes I don't care what people have to say. And by sometimes I mean all the time.

3 major characters die.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) Stop fighting or it's going to be a warning for both of you. Spider, that last post was not really on the topic, and will probably be considered spam; Zeonix, as much as it pains you, try not to act like a hardass and egg on other people.

2.) Start labeling posts in this thread with appropriate spoiler warnings. Anything that is even a possible spoiler should be treated as if it might be a definite spoiler.

No official warnings, though. Please don't try my patience. If anybody has a problem with what I ask they can PM me.

Now I want to see A.) This thread back on track, and B.) all spoilers properly labeled as such from here on out.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You got it big guy.

**SPOILER**

The Sentinels might make an appearance.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I went through and edited several posts dealing with what I considered to be spoilers. CTRL+A will help you read those if you truly wish.

Zeonix, please show a little more respect to the staff. If you've got a response to my request, please PM me rather than let this thread be dragged off topic.

Thank you all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As for all this Gambit stuff...the real reason why Gambit wasn't in the movies is the same reason why Jubilee wasn't; they already have someone to fill the 'role'.

Why have two people playing shy girls in love stories, when they could just combine Rogue and Jubilee into one character? Same thing as Gambit and Wolverine. The semi-macho badass character role is already filled; since they made Rogue and Jubileee fused it's only reasonable to think that it would compromise the Gambit relations between the characters.

Either way I don't miss him. Everything else is plenty good enough for me that I don't miss him much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
You got it big guy.

**SPOILER**

The Sentinels might make an appearance.
I thought so, because in the cartoon series based off the movies, there was a prototype sentinel made by humans.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
As for all this Gambit stuff...the real reason why Gambit wasn't in the movies is the same reason why Jubilee wasn't; they already have someone to fill the 'role'.

Why have two people playing shy girls in love stories, when they could just combine Rogue and Jubilee into one character? Same thing as Gambit and Wolverine. The semi-macho badass character role is already filled; since they made Rogue and Jubileee fused it's only reasonable to think that it would compromise the Gambit relations between the characters.

Either way I don't miss him. Everything else is plenty good enough for me that I don't miss him much.

Jubilee is in this one.

@ Satan: ....I put the spoiler in white so you'd have to highlight it to read it. You kinda defeated the purpose. Anyway, Sentinels should be pretty awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom