WWE SmackDown! Vs. RAW Thread

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Judging from what you just said, you've not been playing Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain.

The grappling is loads better, and locational damage made the last game real interesting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, he mustve been playing the wrestling games from back on the N64, or a little later on the N-Game Cube.

Smackdown games have always been unique from day one. Rather it's from pulling weapons from under the ring, to going backstage and throwing your opponnents everywhere.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa wait. It's free?

(And yes, I do have the keyboard...my brother got it for basketball games where he got sick of hand typing names...lol)

I have a router that's kind of *****y. Think it'll be a problem? (if it is, I'll unhook the sum-*****!)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some games like FFXI are pay to play, most others, like Biohazard/Resident Evil Outbreak and SOCOM are free.

In your face X-Box fan whores :)

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saw the vids and now I am even more impressed as to how much they have improved this year. Even the main menu has animated divas XD

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, theyre actually good this year, unlike HCTP's Taunt-and-stand-still guys

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope our CAWs will be online. That will be big plus from the THQ company.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm, that is a tough one to call. Since the overall file takes up so little on the cards, theoretically, to load up some CAWs would be pretty easy...they'd only be a few k each. At the most, downloading a whole memory card is only 8 megs, with broadband that should be nothing.

EDIT: But I noticed that they didn't proudly boast about that...

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the public beta has CAWs online, so they will most likely be able to go online... hopefully...

Here's a boxart i made! Hopefully y'all like it

Best answers
The only wrestling game i have played since the n64, NWO game, was backyard wrestling in that game i lost all faith in wrestling games lol.
However with the birth of this my faith is renewed and i will see you all online =D.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
here's my box-art. SSC pwnz mines, but at least i tried lol.

(Click Image to see full-size)

Best answers
Stars and interactive, were the only thing would swade someone off in thinking that would be real, besides the white crop line around UT hehe.
Very nice tho me like ^^.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

The official SvR box-art, that's right you heard me... i said the OFFICIAL! Box-Art

you may think it sux, but it shows a sign since Vince owns both brands and he's controlling the whole battle of the rosters type concept.

Best answers
Wow!! This game Looks and sounds Amazing. I really hope they fix some of the minor things in this new one, espically since i recently just bought WWE Day Or Reckoning for the gamecube and it blows any of the other smackdown games away in gameplay aspects as well as some other match types. These are the main things i hope they fix in SVR.

1. Hell In The Cell ~ WMXIX,DOR & RAW 2 Is How Hell In A Cell should Be ~

2. Tables ~ You shouldnt have to put your opponet on a table to slam Them Through it, they should really take a look at how WMXIX,DOR & RAW 2 Did It to get an idea of how it should be ~

3. The Roster (!??!?)

The reason i say the roster is because some of the main characters i like to play with are not in, even though i play mostly with the female characters anyway. And those characters are Brock Lesnar, Goldberd & Steve Austin. Im fully aware that these people dont wrestle anymore, but it still would be nice to have them in, but either way it goes the game still sounds just as great as the previous one and im looking forward to it ^^ and with the online play this time around, i no longer have to play by myself since i dont know anyone who play wwe games or barely any other video games for that matter.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that cover is awesome.

@Sakura: I like the Smackdown ones way more. Since 3, I always have...they just feel...I dunno, more accessible. I like the pacing better. Plus it's more accessible to a newbie, so my friends and I play it all the time and go totally nuts with our own federation.

Man we are gonna have fun with the create-a-belt.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sakura said:
Wow!! This game Looks and sounds Amazing. I really hope they fix some of the minor things in this new one, espically since i recently just bought WWE Day Or Reckoning for the gamecube and it blows any of the other smackdown games away in gameplay aspects as well as some other match types. These are the main things i hope they fix in SVR.

1. Hell In The Cell ~ WMXIX,DOR & RAW 2 Is How Hell In A Cell should Be ~

2. Tables ~ You shouldnt have to put your opponet on a table to slam Them Through it, they should really take a look at how WMXIX,DOR & RAW 2 Did It to get an idea of how it should be ~

3. The Roster (!??!?)

The reason i say the roster is because some of the main characters i like to play with are not in, even though i play mostly with the female characters anyway. And those characters are Brock Lesnar, Goldberd & Steve Austin. Im fully aware that these people dont wrestle anymore, but it still would be nice to have them in, but either way it goes the game still sounds just as great as the previous one and im looking forward to it ^^ and with the online play this time around, i no longer have to play by myself since i dont know anyone who play wwe games or barely any other video games for that matter.
I have good news for you!

You can unlock attires for people that left WWE. I don't know how it will work, but Goldberg and Brock, and thankfully, Austin were confirmed as unlockable attires. I also look forward to playing you online... *adds to list*

By the way, check IGN Sports daily for Play of the Day matches. And also, you CAN slam people into tables without standing on them, it's hard though. Some moves you can do this with are: Last Ride, Jackknife, F5 2, FU, Legend Taker's Finisher Chokeslam... stuff like that. I'll make some videos from HCTP doing those tomorrow... as a guide.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this maybe new and old news to you but this is (straight from the PSW magizine)

if your holding a weapon you move slower and its a lot harder to hit your opponent now, but if you do hit them they will probably be down for the count like in real life.

if you have a manager at ringside, supposing your Triple H and choose to have Ric Flair outside, when you press the r3 button they will either throw in a weapon when the ref isnt looking or distract the ref deliberately, doing this too much will result in the ref sending them backstage..'Your outta here!'.

if you are a wrestler with a high submission rating, for example Chris Benoit or Kurt Angle, whilst being held in a submission hold yourself, with presicion timing you can turn it around by hitting the X Button in timing.

it is now possible to break up a submission like your able to break up a pin in all the previous games. In a tag team situation this will be incredibly handy because when your partner is put in a hold its not like game over.

the create a wrestler has much improved this year.

there is two types of the 'swingOmeter' the first one is chops the the chest, where two wrestlers exchange chops until one is weakened, the other is on the turnbuckle, where you can exchange punches until one is weak and then you can execute a turnbuckle move.

referees no longer stand around doing nothing, there constantly involved with the match, when a submision hold is underway, the ref keeps asking the if they want to quit, and he will also do the 'booker t 3 count' when they pass out and he counts to three with there hand, but if you press buttons quickly, they will do the power up and get out of it.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom