Wrong IP Address on steam DS

Best answers
Well I installed the steam dedicated server thang and all, everything works perfect except for one thing: the ip address it binds it to is my network's IP address but I used my server computer which has direct access to the internet with the dedicated server and it binds the DS into the network's IP. I tried putting: IP (myinternetip) in server.cfg and it didn't work. I also tried putting it in the advanced launch options in steam but I don't think that its the same argument. I wanna know what's the argument for binding an IP to your server or if anyone has another good solution.

My Details:
OS Version: Windows .Net 2003 Server
HLDS Version: Latest
ESF Version: 1.1
AMD mod installed
Metamod plugin installed.

Thanks for any help,
quadude.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What is the difference between your server's ip and the network's ip first of all. If the server has direct internet access that implies that there is no router handling internal and external ips which would mean you don't have this problem but that doesn't sound like what is happening. Please repost in a different way because it is a little a confusing the way you have it now.

Best answers
Its pretty simple, my server computer is like a router, it has the same purpose as a router does. So obviously if it connects the rest of the computers to the internet it has 2 network cards which means it has 2 IPs(well 3 actually because the internet connection is a WAN connection). So my network ip is 192.168.0.1 and my internet IP is something like 217.136.24.54. And so, steam automaticly selects the 192.168.0.1 connection so its only listed in network games and not in internet games, so I can't have ppl other than in my network play esf on my server as it doesn't get listed in the server list because of the ip address.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First see if this helps.
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=40922
You never explained that your server was a gateway for your other computers. I'm not exactly sure how you would specify a network card so hopefully the above works and you don't have to go searching valve/steam forums (if they exist).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom