• I quit WoW

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Still playin

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • Never Ever Played WoW

Votes: 41 50.6%

• Total voters
Best answers
there were always some nice threads about WOW like the "post your character" i havent seen em now for weeks and weeks.
i quit WoW 4 months ago or something after 2 years of die-hard gaming.

i think its because of TBC, even tho i still miss it sometimes because it was such a habit to come home and play WoW only.

Now i work and got a girlfriend so its hard to start again, on other hand if i ever start again it would never be the same.

so i was wondering how is your WoW life ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My WoW life had been dead for over a year, and it's staying that way. I'll never play again because of the simple fact that it takes absolutely WAY too much time to make a difference. WoW is the devil.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still at it. The only way I've been able to get close to let go is severe problems in my own life where I can't afford the luxury anymore. When I get back to normal, I'll getback to WoW.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I quit about 2 months ago because of the changes they made in TBC. I still follow the news and patches for the game and there is new evidence that blizzard will be announcing the next expack this summer at blizzcon. In the latest patch people found models in a packet called "expansion2" for an area in northrend. If northrend is going to be the next place to visit then I will most likely be getting it as I LOVE snow. The snowy places in games are always my favorite to explore and mess around in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still at it myself, although less-than-happy with tbc, its still nonetheless the best MMO on the market in my opinion. Dont have the time to play it much these days, maybe 2 hours a day if i'm at home, but i still enjoy it (rerolling a female dwarf rogue has rekindled my love in this game XD).

also,

If northrend is going to be the next place to visit then I will most likely be getting it as I LOVE snow. The snowy places in games are always my favorite to explore and mess around in.
QFT, snow >>>>> all this floaty outlands crap

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never played it. I have a general disslike for games that are click and hope your stats and potions will keep you alive long enough to kill the other monster.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never played it. I have a general disslike for games that are click and hope your stats and potions will keep you alive long enough to kill the other monster.
Bias much? There's a bit more to it than that...

I quit WoW when TBC was released. It was just plain horrible. Level 61 GREEN ****ING ITEMS were better than my level 60 epics. That seriously pissed me off, because of all of the hard work I did to get my gear. Then they come with an expansion pack where I can just kill an oversized bird, and suddenly have better gear than 90% of the people who don't have the expansion pack... God that made me mad...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
World of WarCraft... Hmm... I'm still addicted to StarCraft after 9 years, How could I goto WarCraft!? Seriously, I don't like the whole potions and crud.
RTS games have allways been my favorite! WarCraft 3 seems to be a mix of WarCraft 2 and StarCraft with an extra race. And the addition of 3D graphix. And I will never pay to play a game, the outright 89 bucks or whatever is enough for me!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
World of WarCraft... Hmm... I'm still addicted to StarCraft after 9 years, How could I goto WarCraft!? Seriously, I don't like the whole potions and crud.
Seconded. Starcraft's one of my favorite games of all time. Best story, best ****ing gameplay in a strategy, even better than Stronghold Crusader, and it's original. I keep playing it and playing it, and now that I've found out how to play online with my friends, I'm even more addicted.

As for WoW, I'm suprised it's still alive. I quit playing it a while ago. But come on! The game was released 3 years ago. Shouldn't it die already?

And by the way, I can't stand most MMORPG's, except maybe 9 Dragons. They're like RPGs without stories. And most RPG's I play, I play just because of their story. So that's a big NO from me to WoW.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still playing, got a 68 1/2 rogue (rested xp all the way!)

I sure don't like TBC, but I'm determined to get to 70. And also, **** raiding. IMO Raiding is the biggest waste of time. I'm all about pvp, gonna get my gladiator/HWL gear.

I'm going to quit once I make a pvp video.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WoW needs to die. It will force Blizzard to forget about the Warcraft IP for a little while and focus on some other stuff, mainly Starcraft 2. Diablo can't hurt either I guess.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WoW needs to die. It will force Blizzard to forget about the Warcraft IP for a little while and focus on some other stuff, mainly Starcraft 2. Diablo can't hurt either I guess.
But then how will the children of Blizzard staff be able to make money-angels? THINK OF THE CHILDREN~

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All things die eventually. No point in being sad. WoW will have a successor (just like M.U.D).

Personally I hated it. I lose interest in MMORPGs unless they have something to appeal to me with (Like an anime base) and good graphics and gameplay.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're like RPGs without stories. And most RPG's I play, I play just because of their story. So that's a big NO from me to WoW.
Uhm, so you're telling me that you simply didn't pay attention to jack **** while playing WoW? It has a story. Granted, it's not the greatest story in the world, but there's a story. In fact, most quests have their own stories pertaining to the zone (or surrounding zones) you receive them in.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As for WoW, I'm suprised it's still alive. I quit playing it a while ago. But come on! The game was released 3 years ago. Shouldn't it die already?
Sorry dan, but I don't think you quitting has enough pull to kill the most popular MMORPG of all time.

Best answers
Bias much? There's a bit more to it than that...

I quit WoW when TBC was released. It was just plain horrible. Level 61 GREEN ****ING ITEMS were better than my level 60 epics. That seriously pissed me off, because of all of the hard work I did to get my gear. Then they come with an expansion pack where I can just kill an oversized bird, and suddenly have better gear than 90% of the people who don't have the expansion pack... God that made me mad...
I really don't get why people use that argument to hate TBC.. The game adds 10 more levels, thus 10 more levels of default stats, 10 more levels of skills and 10 more levels of gear.. I too had pre-TBC epics, so what? I gladly vendored them all as soon as I got better gear (lvl 64, haven't seen a single lvl 60 -> 63 item that had better stats than BWL/AQ/Naxx gear, so your lvl 61 argument fails).. Hell, I know ****loads of people that still use their tier 3 sets at lvl 70, just because it's equal to whatever they can get in TBC or because the set-bonus is way better.

TBC brought a lot more balance in PvP by adding heaps of stamina, it's nearly impossible to 1 or even 2 shot people now (well, maybe mages/locks with a very lucky crit). Now, just imagine the same lvl 60 items (statwise) versus the extra damage every class does at lvl 70.. Ye, chaos and 1-shots everywhere.

Now, don't go on and say that Blizzard shouldn't have upgraded skills then, because if they didn't do that, people would just ignore the new content and the whole purpose of the expansion pack would be lost. And why do people do PvE? To get a) money, b) experience to level and c) better items. Why do people want money? To buy better items. Why do people want experience and max level? To get better items. So, why does TBC bring better items? Because people want better items, otherwise there's no point in doing the new content.

Oh, and if you didn't notice already, I quit WoW a year ago and started again with TBC (a bit before it tbh) just because it gives more to people that cba to spend 6 hours each night in a game.

Best answers
I really don't get why people use that argument to hate TBC.. The game adds 10 more levels, thus 10 more levels of default stats, 10 more levels of skills and 10 more levels of gear.. I too had pre-TBC epics, so what? I gladly vendored them all as soon as I got better gear (lvl 64, haven't seen a single lvl 60 -> 63 item that had better stats than BWL/AQ/Naxx gear, so your lvl 61 argument fails).. Hell, I know ****loads of people that still use their tier 3 sets at lvl 70, just because it's equal to whatever they can get in TBC or because the set-bonus is way better.

TBC brought a lot more balance in PvP by adding heaps of stamina, it's nearly impossible to 1 or even 2 shot people now (well, maybe mages/locks with a very lucky crit). Now, just imagine the same lvl 60 items (statwise) versus the extra damage every class does at lvl 70.. Ye, chaos and 1-shots everywhere.

Now, don't go on and say that Blizzard shouldn't have upgraded skills then, because if they didn't do that, people would just ignore the new content and the whole purpose of the expansion pack would be lost. And why do people do PvE? To get a) money, b) experience to level and c) better items. Why do people want money? To buy better items. Why do people want experience and max level? To get better items. So, why does TBC bring better items? Because people want better items, otherwise there's no point in doing the new content.

Oh, and if you didn't notice already, I quit WoW a year ago and started again with TBC (a bit before it tbh) just because it gives more to people that cba to spend 6 hours each night in a game.
QFT!

I still play. I've always been a casual when it comes to MMORPGS, and I've never raided. So to me, getting greens = to raid gear was a blessing for me. Should have seen the shock and horror when I beat a 65 rogue with all his naxx gear, and me a 64 rogue with all greens.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The quests in TBC are far superior to all the other quests from lvl 1 to lvl 60, they're actually challenging and inventive, something that wow greatly lacked since most of them were exactly the same, the respawn times, patrols and new abilities standard mobs had made solo playing actually enjoyable (challenging) and they actually had quests that you would do for the rewards, which unless you're an enchanter, you'd never do beforehand.

With the whole "greens betta than epix? omgwtf???" I can understand completely, but its clearly done that way to gear all the hardcore players to spend even longer getting better stuff in the expansion, which is, to be fair, the biggest appeal of the game. Fact is it's easier at 70 to get those hardcore items than it ever was at 60, your raid size is almost halved, and instead of having the same mage gear maybe dropping twice in a row, you get the tokens you can hand in, for multiple classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom