Wow, I just realized this about beta 1.1

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The sword will not only be more useful, but his burning attack will be, since someone will get out of swoop once hit by a beam this can be helpful.

someone is swooping at you, and then you chunk burning attack at them, they stop swoop, and they are blind, rendering trunks a very useful melee character!

Now we won't have to have people complaining about burning attack needing to be a ball, you can have your accuracy, and then some!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then some... :p
I never really thought about that... :S Maybe I should start playing Trunks instead of gohan...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wondered when people were going to relize that :D. Now that swoop stops when you get hit by a beam Trunks will be much more useful... not that I don't use him anyways ;).

Best answers
No thanks, I rather still complain about it not being a ball, because its not accurate to the show, and every other character's attacks are.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Morrone
No thanks, I rather still complain about it not being a ball, because its not accurate to the show, and every other character's attacks are.
Do we really care? No :)
Will this be fixed in the future? Probably not :)

Best answers
The burning attack MUST be made into a ball, It defeats the purpose of it all together, as long as its a beam you shouldnt even call it burning attack because it doesnt resemble it what so ever, its supposed to be a type of ball, just watch the episode when trunks defeats freeza, that will explain

If its gonna stay as a beam then congradulations, you just gave trunks a brand new attack, not burning attack because burning attack is in the shape of a ball, dont keep it as a beam because its VERY inaccurate towards dbz.:]

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by FutureTrunks
The burning attack MUST be made into a ball, It defeats the purpose of it all together, as long as its a beam you shouldnt even call it burning attack because it doesnt resemble it what so ever, its supposed to be a type of ball, just watch the episode when trunks defeats freeza, that will explain

If its gonna stay as a beam then congradulations, you just gave trunks a brand new attack, not burning attack because burning attack is in the shape of a ball, dont keep it as a beam because its VERY inaccurate towards dbz.:]
who cares? It's just one attack anyways, and please I don't want this going to a "should burning attack be a ball/beam" thread, please stay on topic.

Best answers
Someone just needs to make a sprite for the burning attack trail so it looks invisible; thus you have a show-accurate burning attack.

Best answers
Would u guys stop complaining anyway that sprite has alreasy been made just search the forms i have it and is not that big of a deal.....:S

Best answers
anyways, you are right magus that trunks might be an enormous well playable melee fighter, the only thing that concerns me about being knocked out of melee by a beam, what if you are 10 times stronger than the other, the other shoots a very low charged generic beam it hits you, you lose 1 health but more important are you then still out of melee???Or needs the attacks a certain strenght to be able to get someone out of melee cuz that would be more reasonable IMHO...

offtopic: the burning attack in ESF is also a ball in some ways, it is just a ball at the front with a little trail behind it...

Best answers
trunks will probably be a bit better, but it is about time!
also, i think burning attack should be a ball, but isnt it out of the movie anyway? and i though ESF was only on DBZ series

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha! magus strikes back with his brain!
not many people would of though of that, but agree, you right, this will make trunks quite a player since he's based on meelee tactics :)

ps: im gonna play with the burning attack sprites so there a ball to shut those f00s up once and for all ^_^

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Heh, I still have that burning attack without the beam trail :p

Yea, I really look forward to seeing a guy swoop at me, hit him with the beam, and then watch him stand there blinded :devgrin: then out comes the sword and slash!h

Best answers
Thats what i do with trunks right now and people say i cheat because i use burning attack to blind them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Ryudo Geohound
Thats what i do with trunks right now and people say i cheat because i use burning attack to blind them.
But they still can swoop on you so they just keep going and time it to hit you. Even if they are blind.

Best answers
1.1 is going to be a much more tactical game because of the beam>swoop thing. I have a question tho, will a beam detonation stop swoop, or do you have to hit someone with the beam itself?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you have to hit them, but maybe you could detonate it and stop them.

Best answers
hmmm
someones swooping.
u fire a ba
he stops and is blinded.
he swoops wildly.
u slash with your sword
he dies.

Best answers
preaty hard to hit some1 swooping around crazily :p . so unpredictable of where they r trying to go :p. when i am blind i swoop in the opposite direction to the player then i start teleporting around like crazy O_O. seems to work most of the times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom