[WIP] MGS4 Raiden (texturing)

Best answers
Got a few crits Enix..

Eyeball's are way to white, try to mix it with the skin
Eyebrows to gray, also try to make them from small pieces of hair in 2 to 3 directions
Light the nose a bit to bring the front bone out
Bring the face tone color a bit more darker and add more shadows i.e, he has a helmet, mouth system, try to profit of it and perform more shadows in that area to bring the face skeleton more in evidence.
And the last one try to use a more reall skin color.

edit.
Regarding the helmet design I don't know this, I'm sure is not textured yet but if it is then right now it looks to much with plastc, 70% plastic 35% labor, 5% metal. Try to use more sharp ligheted colors.

the shadows from eyes area looks fine
keep it up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahhh, some good crits. Main one I liked was the eyes being too white, fixing that helped a lot actually. The eyebrows are basically solid grey atm because I haven't decided on the hair shades yet, and eye brows only go in one direction, away from eachother :p. I don't know if I will change the nose, making the tip any brighter looks funky. Also, the pics I have shown are 100% self illumination, you have to keep in mind its going to be much darker smoothshaded, any darker and he would look black, or really tan (and with white blood, thats not really possible).

I started the body skin today, but its really early, but I wanted to show how much better it looks after fixing the eye.

Best answers
THATS NOT GREAT THATS AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGG ENIX PLZ CAN U MAKE A LOOK WITH THE HAIR

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm you're using a 512 map right? ,_,

Just wondering how you goin to be able to put all the details and small stuffs in with this mapsize.... who knows.

Isnt to much to say about it. though if you take a closer look to the Eyebrown-Muscles, you see that around you have pulled it out to much. just maybe brush around the edges abit to it wont look like: Hey i got squad-Form Eyebrown muscles :D

face looks indeed better. keep it up, looks clean so far.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats hot stuff Enix. :'o
The face look a lot better now and you have a great start going on the body.

Cant wait to see him with some hair :3 keep it up dude <3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finishing up the hair:

I'm new to alpha hair :(.

Best answers
It looks great so far, except for the hair.

It's too uniform, break it up a little bit so it doesn't look as christmas tree-esque.

Other than that, fantastic work as usual.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ohhhhh, those will help when I redo the hair for the 3rd time...but atleast those give me a better idea of how his hair should flow, thanks :D (you ever get on msn? ;o)

And I started more of the body detail, i'm going to model on the chest plate as another additive part.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I am getting a little time to work on him every now and then, so I tackled most of the little components left on his torso:

Best answers
Looks awesome so far, keep up the gewd work! I like it, how he's became alot more manlier than in MGS2 :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pull out the metal at the back, looks pretty flat.

keep it up man, i always loved your clean work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@pixel: That back part isn't metal, it's supposed to be flexible cover for his spinal cord. It's not really supposed to stick out that much, it actually sinks into the suit a bit.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2752/sp3220070523201809th3.jpg

I redid the hair again, used the old texture as a placeholder, I just wanted to get an idea of what It would look like once I retexture it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool enough. Didnt knew that.

Once you will have the helmet on you will be able to modifie the Hair like it supposed to be.
Keep it up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hm well alpha mapped hair is kinda hard imo >_> well making "realistic" hair overall xD i like it so far though . maybe make the hair a bit brighter?
well cant wait till you finish this baby ^^ TS i guess/hope? ^^

*off topic* still didnt finish my byakuya >_>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom