[wip] Guile

Best answers
hm...I really feel his upper chest and arms should be alot bigger...but that would be my 'artistic' interpretation of ALL SF characters...cause most of them (the guys anyway) are shaped in that manner.

Technically there's nothing wrong with it at this point...I'm just not a fan of realistic arms in SF characters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah it's more personal preference than anything else :O

Update :O

Texturing :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice pants, one thing that I noticed is that the hair on the Guile pics slopes upwards, but yours is at a sharp angle which makes it look like you've chopped the end off a cone and stuck it on his head:

Hope you see what I mean.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*sigh* i seem to think that the torso is too... let's say, long. He looks like he's either sagging his pants, or just have a long torso. Pull it up a tad and widen it some. Give him the "Bulky" feel he deserves rather than letting him look tall and slinky.... catch my drift?

And yes i also agree that the arms need to be bulkier as well IMO

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made a pic to illustrate my hair point:

Oh and for the arms, look at the pic in your sig, one arm is as thick as his body. I know it's exaggerated but all the pics posted have bigger arms.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ice Man said:
*sigh* i seem to think that the torso is too... let's say, long. He looks like he's either sagging his pants, or just have a long torso. Pull it up a tad and widen it some. Give him the "Bulky" feel he deserves rather than letting him look tall and slinky.... catch my drift?

And yes i also agree that the arms need to be bulkier as well IMO
i think that can be left to the artists impression...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fu.....udge the artist impression! I wanna see guile! Not G-I Joe with blonde hair and a tanktop! -_-

If he was painting a picture of Mona Lisa (sp?) and it looked like suttin else, the art teacher wouldn't go "well this is the artist impression" would she/he?

Modeling is another form of art, And to model a character, you have to match it's design, not on how you "Want" it to look.

How can we crit on something if the "artist" wants the "artwork" on how he "wants it to look"... it wouldn't necessarily be guile, just some character...

hard to explain :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
i think that can be left to the artists impression...
ya, I know, just proving a point to our new moderator.
anyway, I would really like to see more definition in the shirt. Tank tops dont usually bag out anyway, if you have ever seen one.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dan16 said:
Gir, saying "I think that can be left up to the artist's impression" is an obvious argument to my crit. It was my opinion, and its not even your model, so why bother saying something like that? Now just drop it, kthx.
Dan16, stop trying to start trouble with forum staff. This comment earned you a warning for spam. If you have a problem with what someone said, please take it up with that person instead of posting it in the thread.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

More adjustments, Thanks for you critz :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think his legs r to small... his legs are in lil baggies... so expect them like that small.
Also i like it alot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah i noticed that not too long after i posted :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm, well i thought the legs had been ok...

but ^^ comming out well... will you skin it soon?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

:eek: texturing the face as we speak? still some things i'm not happy with but coming along pretty nicely. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhmmm.... i think you tooked the wrong color for the lips O-o"

also the hair seems freaky funny textured X-D

otherwise, yup is comin along pretty nice.

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I made a pic to illustrate my hair point:

Oh and for the arms, look at the pic in your sig, one arm is as thick as his body. I know it's exaggerated but all the pics posted have bigger arms.
i still think you need to fix the hair like ravendust told ya..
and for the skin.. try (if you have the skills) to make a realistic skin (not that i can do that ;))
but overall nice model :D keep it up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom