Windows XP Log Problem

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The other day I reformatted my HD and when it booted up after formatting and I got to the log on screen and logged in, I got this pop-up:

Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.

DETAIL - The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format.
I've never seen it before, but it happens everytime I log on, but nothing seems wrong. My access is administrator n everything still, but I've yet to see any problems, but this pop-up window box is annoying x.x.

If anyone could tell meh how I could get rid of it, I'd appritiate it.

Best answers
You could try and making a new profile and give it admin access and see if that works.
Also, go to Run>msconfig and make sure everything is set to default.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have full admin privs.

I only use 1 profile, I use the admin profile cuz no one else uses my comp.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd probably reformat again to get rid of that problem. It sounds like it tried to make a profile but it didn't load the necessary information into the registry so it just logs you into the default "Administrator" account.

Best answers
I have been all through google and Microsoft’s site, not that Microsoft’s usually of any help, I have been unable to find any solutions and only about 2 or so people with this problem. I would have to agree with Smith|, it might just be easier to reformat the drive.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't want to reformat again, backing things up and...bleh. I can deal with it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could also try going into the control panel and deleting the account since you're not using it. It sounds like it logs you into Windows XP's default admin account, not your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom