Windows Media player

Best answers
I have been doing music videos for some time but i finally decided to try using an anime for a music video. When i go to import the video..it will import it but if i use a clip and put it to the story line...."Windows movie maker has encountered a problem" that bs error...send or don't send...I changed the formats of the videos from mpeg - avi and many others...just don't get why it would do that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know anything about editing movies but I sometimes get a similar error in Windows Media Player while watching...err...'adult themed videos.' Sometimes a certain compression makes them instantly crash not only media player, but even trying to select it in Windows Explorer sends my computer into a tizzy because of the preview image. Maybe we have a similar problem? The source video clips your using probably have similar problems to the movies I tried to watch.

Seriously, it's annoying. It seems like all the sweetest Jill Kelly and Bella Donna videos are broken. Conspiracy, I say!

Best answers
IMO WMP sucks for video playback. I've had it crash trying to play videos (newest Bleach episode for example). Use VLC Media Player, never crashed once on me and it plays most video formats without the need of codecs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait, what's the problem with Windows Media Player (title) when your problem is with Windows Movie Maker?

Unfortunatley i've been in this position and my best advice is to use something else. For some reason it crashes every few seconds on my PC but works fine on my laptop, even though the former is technologically superior. If you google around you'll see lots of people have the crashing error, and while there are tips to improve performance, there is no one miracle fix.

Best answers
I meant movie maker not wmp...sorry...but yea i use vlc i have been for a few years now...but movie maker just pisses me off

anyone have an idea of what i should get...buying, cracking ((not like i do that ::Whistles:: )) don't matter i just don't know any good progs for it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Adobe Premier is a great, if pricey, alternative to Windows Movie Maker. It's quite simple, and if you're familiar with Flash then the interface will be very easy to use, as they're practically the same.

I'll let you know if I find out a 'miracle cure' for WMM, i'd quite like to get it working on my PC where the anime clips are :S

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Adobe Premier is a great, if pricey, alternative to Windows Movie Maker. It's quite simple, and if you're familiar with Flash then the interface will be very easy to use, as they're practically the same.

I'll let you know if I find out a 'miracle cure' for WMM, i'd quite like to get it working on my PC where the anime clips are :S
/me agrees. My brother didn't even bother with movie maker to make for his yr12 movie assignment , just used premier instead (the school had an offical school liscense for it too , as in student use and students are allowed to borrow it and use it for home use)

If your still in school or something , you might want to look into doing something like that as it stays legal to the liscense (as you are a student of the school (if you still go to school) then by law accordingly with the purchased software liscence ,it's legal)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom