windows icons

Best answers
does anyone know how to change icons such as the my computer icon? because i cant left click my computer and change the icon. is there a file i can put my icons in?

Best answers
You mean like a theme, right now im trying to find a hacksign theme! >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
right click on desktop
click on Properties
the tab desktop
then Customize Desktop

u can change icons in there

Best answers
Right click on the desktop.
Choose properties.
Choose Effects on the top.
Then change icon to whatever you might want.

EDIT:
Aisha beat me... :cry:

Best answers
Ok I got pics I want to switch the icons with but it says its the wrong file extension. When I look at all the standard icons they all say .dll and thats not right so someone help me! :cry: If someone wants I can post all the images and you can re-size and configure them so i can use them. Cause when I try to resize them they get all crappy looking. So plz help me!

Ill post the images in a sec.

Image URL http://www.zelga.net/Twilight Hack/imagehost.htm

Best answers
I'm pretty sure its .ico (in case he mixes up or something) cause thats what mine are :p f you have PhotoShop you could prolly change them to the .ico format (I just got my dad's old computer(which is better than my other) so PhotoShop isnt installed yet.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea, .ico not .icon >_< but u cannot change files too .icon on photoshop, maybe paint shop pro lets u

Best answers
I think Corel Photo Paint lets you... hmmm... i wonder if you could just rename the extention from a 256 image to .ico :p

Best answers
When I right click and go into properties, there is no desktop tab.
*I have Windows 98*
And is there a way to change the task bar? Like as in the style? I want to put my own task bar in.

Best answers
Yeah, I have win98se, just right click the desktop and go to the tab that says Effects, you can change icons in there. :D

Best answers
Oh my god! Thank you!
And another question, you know where it says the name of program you have on your desktop? Mine always has a block of color behind it. Is there any way to just get rid of it? Not change the color, just get rid of it.

Another Question, is there any way to change every icon? like when you go to My Computer, is there a way to change the C Drive icon?

Best answers
Can someone plz resize and change the extension for me properly when i try to change the size i end up with crap. PM me if you can do this and ill pm u my e-mail address or you can post em here.

Best answers
Originally posted by Glenn
Oh my god! Thank you!
And another question, you know where it says the name of program you have on your desktop? Mine always has a block of color behind it. Is there any way to just get rid of it? Not change the color, just get rid of it.

Another Question, is there any way to change every icon? like when you go to My Computer, is there a way to change the C Drive icon?
Does anyone have an awnser?

Best answers
in win98 u cannot get rid of that color, its the background color. im sure u know how to change it, but u cannot get rid of it. i know u can get rid of it in xp, its gone by default. xp = uber
btw, u also cant change the styles of ur windows unless u hav xp

Best answers
Originally posted by Vegetto
Ok I got pics I want to switch the icons with but it says its the wrong file extension. When I look at all the standard icons they all say .dll and thats not right so someone help me! :cry: If someone wants I can post all the images and you can re-size and configure them so i can use them. Cause when I try to resize them they get all crappy looking. So plz help me!

Ill post the images in a sec.

Image URL http://www.zelga.net/Twilight Hack/imagehost.htm
If you want a program that will alow you to take pictures and make them into icons.

http://www.iconcool.com/

Not bad but it has a 30 day trial on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom