Windows Dedicated Server 1.2.1

Best answers
I cant install the Windows dedicated server no matter what i try. Its asking for the ESF folder and everytime i point it to the ESF directory it doesnt work.

Any help on this matter would be appriciated.

Best answers
same here im lost and i really wanna play it
plus i dont wanna get steam nor do i have it

Best answers
Im trying to install the client version but the installer just says "initializing wise installation wizard..."
and doesnt go further.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mondy said:
I cant install the Windows dedicated server no matter what i try. Its asking for the ESF folder and everytime i point it to the ESF directory it doesnt work.

Any help on this matter would be appriciated.
yes i am having this problem too, i am downloading it again from a different site (filefront) this time,,, does anyone know how to install it? because i select the esf folder and still says it is undetected :S

EDIT: i have fixed my problem, when it asks to select teh browser, select C:/serria/Half-Life/ or what ever folder your halflife is in, just select the HL directory and this SHOULD install =)

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When the installer prompts you to select the directory, make sure that you are pointing to:
Code:
...Steam\Steamapps\[email protected]\dedicated-server\
NOT \email\Half-Life\
NOT \email\Half-Life\esf\
NOT \email\dedicated-server\esf\

Just what the quote says above.

If you install to that directory precicely, it'll work like a charm. Also remember that before you try and install the dedicated server update, you must have the 'dedicated-server' game activated (played once) in Steam.

Best answers
grOOvy said:
When the installer prompts you to select the directory, make sure that you are pointing to:
Code:
...Steam\Steamapps\[email protected]\dedicated-server\
NOT \email\Half-Life\
NOT \email\Half-Life\esf\
NOT \email\dedicated-server\esf\

Just what the quote says above.

If you install to that directory precicely, it'll work like a charm. Also remember that before you try and install the dedicated server update, you must have the 'dedicated-server' game activated (played once) in Steam.
what about a rented dedicated server... your telling me i got to download esf off of it patch it then reupload?

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MikeG said:
what about a rented dedicated server... your telling me i got to download esf off of it patch it then reupload?
No, install it locally - see which files were changed (from install.log) and upload only those ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom