Wii now #1 selling console this generation so far

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nintendo's Wii has taken over Microsoft's XBOX 360 in console sales this generation, 9 million vs. 8.9 million. This is number of consoles sold to consumers, not the amount sold to retailers (a dubious figure that Microsoft loves to throw out).

What took Microsoft almost 2 years, Nintendo did it in almost 1. And Wii sales don't seem to be slowing down any while XBOX sales have basically flatlined (or reduced) for quite a while. Perhaps Halo 3 will bump up sales for Microsoft but I don't think it will be enough to offset any of Nintendo's sales. This holiday season is going to be very interesting.

Remember when everyone thought the Wii was going to flop?

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/48914

And of course Sony is lagging far behind.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Wii definately has had the most solid marketing plan.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Not surprised why the PS3 doesn't get sold that much as the XBOX & the Wii.. Just look at PS3's price. Way too high.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, this christmas, the PS3 actually becomes afforable..
Who knows, it might help sales a little, cause it's not a bad media center!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now nintendo needs to get those 3rd party devs cracking on games. GHIII for the Wii won't hurt.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, the Wii appeals to a wider audience. I had he statistic at some point, but some group broke down some of the sales figures by age and Wii had a MUCH larger spread.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have my Wii--but as of yet, few games are worth playing for it. Like Cuc said, developers really need to jump on it. The audience is there. Give us the games! -_-

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have my Wii--but as of yet, few games are worth playing for it. Like Cuc said, developers really need to jump on it. The audience is there. Give us the games! -_-
Oh it's coming; it does not sell like it has and not grab devs by the face and scream "WHORE ME!". :devgrin:

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know it is, that's why I said it won't hurt. Aparently Aspyr is doing a PC port of it too.
oh well, me and english.. Anyway

more good wii news ( might even deserve a own topic :x )

Mark Rein, epic games vice president, always said that the "unreal engine 3" wouldn't work on the WII.
Well he'll need to swallow some of those words cause a company called "Emergent Game Technologies" had developed a engine, called "Gamebryo Engine" ( games like "Sid meiers: Pirates and Elders scroll IV work on this engine ) which is now changed so it can work with the Nintendo third party tools program.

which means, games can be developed with this engine and games that HAVE been developed could be "easily" ported to the wii.
meaning, alot less games based on a suped up gamecube engine \o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom