Why the models is black?

Best answers
Hey ppl look in that image:

Some models totally black! Why?

Best answers
Lol i really dont know why that problem ocurred but i found a solution, so if someone hav the same problem pay atention:

Using Batch Compiler go in"RAD2" options and select "Ambient Light" an choose one color, now all faces on your map will hav light :)
If someone know otherway to solve it, please post

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it can also see it sometimes in milkshape 3d, you just have to go to option faces and set faces to front.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sometimes there is "black spots" in parts of a map that are extreme shadows created by the half-life engine.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By changing the light angle.

Best answers
I've been changed the light_environment entity but same problem...

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't change the location of the entity, but change the yaw and the pitch.

Best answers
Hey for what exactly i hav to change? I've been changed, i put "down" for yaw and pitch but some models continue totally black!!! :(

Best answers
If those are env-models, be sure to position them above the map. If you position them partly inside map tiles, their lighting will **** up.

Best answers
give us the console command. so we can put it into autoexec.cfg and not have black interfaces. elaborating on the subject of yaw and pitch colorization like whats the number you use, because to much or to little really screws up stuff.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A console command to change pitch and yaw? Pitch and yaw are properties of an object that determine its orientation, not colors, and they're set in Hammer.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those are settings for the local player, not the light sources of the map.

Anyway, I think the problem is probably what harSens mentioned. Make sure the models aren't intersecting any map brushes. Place them a few small units above the ground if you have to, and see if that's the cause.

Best answers
i only get black dragon... not black models or maps... i was only wondering if it was a console command didnt know u were talking about editing textures and stuff.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VuLLs said:
i only get black dragon... not black models or maps... i was only wondering if it was a console command didnt know u were talking about editing textures and stuff.
I'm not talking about editing textures, I'm talking about the topic of the thread; models being lit incorrectly and turning out pitch black in the compiled map.
What's the problem you're having? The entire screen is black? You never mentioned any problem, and you'll have to explain it better than that.

Best answers
heh...

um i get a black dragon when i summon it and hit cancel... he kinda sicks into the ground a bit and turns black. ya i guess its the angel of light but i dont know how to use hammer or 3dfx or maya... i have 3dfx and maya but no tutorials or tutors... so its time consuming for me to slowly play around with modeling/textures n stuff...

i never make any maps for hl or cs before, so um ya dont know wtf your talking about bro... about yaw and pitch of hammer.

where do i get hammer? i forgot... like i said i never got into mapping for hl/cs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Read the stickies to get Hammer VuLLs. And this isn't the section to post a bug, so lets quit talking about the Black Dragon issue here.

Best answers
ok i got hammer now but i need tutorial links got any? plz plz

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom