Whoa whoa whoa, where's the World Cup thread?

Best answers
I usually don't watch Football(soccer) unless mexico, or canada is playing.
P.S. Do they call it football in England or Soccer?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's called football everywhere except North America.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[SAS said:
Orion]england won 1-0 \o/
Indeed o/

I'm following it, just barely. I'm not a big football fan but some of my friends are hardcore, they're going across Europe to watch games -_-

CrackerJack2

C

Croatia!!!!!

Im more of a American football fan, but I do enjoy the world cup. My upsets of the week: Croatia over Brazil, Czech over USA.

To be honest, even as an American, I believe USA wont make the tournament. I think they loose tommorow to the Czech Republic and then loose to Italy. They will finish 3rd in there group and miss out.

My winner this year is Italy. So much talent in people like Alessandro Del Piero, Filippo Inzaghi, and Franceso Totti. Christian Vieri of course. If they can just pull it together, they will win.

Best answers
For those people that are complaining on how the worldcup is "ruining" their lifes this month should really get a life or go out and do something...It's something that happens every 4 years, so why can't people be happy about it and hype it. I'm not saying this as a hardcore football fan but I'm really getting sick of the "football sucks, because it's ruining everything" crap.
Don't like it?...take some soap with you to the bathroom...

Best answers
Ehm.. Every year there's this "champion's league" that's hogging up the TV.. During the year, there are some international games that are aired..
In 2 years, there's the european cup in.. Europe, thus same hype and 16h per day football on the TV.. Normal nationleagues also hog up precious TV-space..

Football doesn't suck, it's quite a fun game to play.. But having 90% of all the channels airing some match this summer.. Having every newspaper covering the world cup (read, spend 30 pages on football, 2 pages on news)..

You might like it as a football fan, some people don't like it because they don't like football.. I find this stuff very annoying (everywhere you look, there's something about football.. Yes even this forum..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom