Whoa whoa whoa, where's the World Cup thread?

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was really surprised that no one had made a World Cup thread here.

Anyway, WOO! Ecuador just whooped Poland! Though the Poles really deserved to at least draw.

I really want Paraguay to beat England for some reason, even though it won't happen.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Missed the opening ceremony. Why?

It started at midnight here. As well as the game being 2 AM. I was too tired to watch it.

Still, even though I'm Australian, my bets are on France winning.

Best answers
:( What's with the huge football obsession? I for one hate it and I also hate the fact that it's hogging up 60% of the time on the TV >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know I'm not the only person who was thinking Xbox.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/Agrees with Kimfu

lol the World Cup totally rapes the programming.

...Even though I hardly watch TV anymore. It's all a bunch of total horse ****.

Best answers
No, the Dutch-->All
Germany is going to be slapped like a b*tch like in 1945 keke

Hail the dutch!

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go the socceroos!!!

But seriously, we don't stand a chance.

Best answers
Mexico V.S. Iran Monday, Go Mexico.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a story.

Once upon a time, two British gentlemen were stumbling home from a pub after a late night of drinking. Along their travels they came across a beer bottle and started kicking it back and forth between themselves. Then one of them then kicked it into a tipped over garbage bin and the two of them looked at each other and smiled.

It was on that night that they vowed to create the greatest sport ever known to mankind. After months and eventually years of labouring over every single detail of the sport they realized they weren't actually getting anywhere. Then one day, they looked at eachother in absolute frustration, and created soccer instead.

The end.
<hr>
But seriously, wake me up when it's over. I find soccer is one of those sports that's 10,000 times more fun to play than to watch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But seriously, wake me up when it's over. I find soccer is one of those sports that's 10,000 times more fun to play than to watch./QUOTE]
Agreed, though I don't have to put up with watching it because I a) don't watch TV and b) am at work all the time anyway. I get my sports fill from hockey, football (our football, mind you), and the occasional internation rugby finals.

The reason there wasn't a thread is because the majority of people here are from North America and don't care about soccer. Maybe the reason nobody that did care created a thread is the same reason I didn't create a Stanley Cup thread; I knew very few people would care.

Best answers
now every one will kill me

I HATE SPORTS (unles its something fun like skateboarding or BMX)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Its so damn annoying .... beeing in germany with that HUGE soccer hype EVERYWHERE .. since month's already.
You cant turn on the tv without seeing something about soccer, you cant go outside without seeing any stuff about soccer... hell, you cant even talk to peoples without having them mention soccer >_<

Im so glad when its over.
And I desperately hope that we wont win the cup or else the hype continues even loger afterwards

damn I hate soccer.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the end the Netherlands will win anyway, so you don't even have to watch...

Atleast, I hope so, or else I lose some money =\

Best answers
England for the win lads! Believe!

I agree with Prime, football is much better to play than to watch... ah, the memories of my childhood... jumpers for goalposts...

*sniff*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
Its so damn annoying .... beeing in germany with that HUGE soccer hype EVERYWHERE .. since month's already.
You cant turn on the tv without seeing something about soccer, you cant go outside without seeing any stuff about soccer... hell, you cant even talk to peoples without having them mention soccer >_<

Im so glad when its over.
And I desperately hope that we wont win the cup or else the hype continues even loger afterwards

damn I hate soccer.

QFT.
It?s seriuosly a flue here in germany, any kind of soccer ,the germans love it.
If you look upon the streets, you see to many people wearing soccer T-shirts or the nation flag. Im sick. I?m not saying that soccer sucks, but it sucks how the german go over the scene and act stupid cuz of that. It?s like german withouth soccer = No Germany.

i Agree with opti, playing soccer urself is much more fun, though its fun to see how the play aswell, but like i said, party cuz of that is stupid.

Yeh btw. who might be in germany now, you can see everywhere soccer if you see a TV.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its just as bad here in the Netherlands, trust me, and if you say "I hate football", they look at you as if you have some scary disease.

There are so many sports in the world, but its football that people make a fuss about... maybe i'm dumb, but I don't see the logic in that.

Best answers
Buh.. The World Cup fever even hit Belgium, and us panzies aren't even in it for crying out loud >_< For some reason, the belgian television is going to support Australia -_-

C'mon.. Really.. We're not even in it, stop showing it on the frigging tele >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, it's especially bad because Germany and the Netherlands want their teams to compete against each other. It's like a game of cat & mouse. :p

I guess both our countries go really overboard with the World Cup. x3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom