Who plays 1.1?

New Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2003
Messages
152
Best answers
0
nah i got bored of stupid melee in 1.2 so i started to play 1.1 again. does someone of u also play 1.1 again?
 
New Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2003
Messages
264
Best answers
0
Been playing 1.1 for a year now, not everyday as it used to be though heh.
 
New Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2003
Messages
310
Best answers
0
I dont play 1.1 because 1.1 is for leets and 1.2 is for noobs.
 
Member
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Mar 1, 2002
Messages
877
Best answers
0
Legend aka SSJ Shin Carl has a 1.1 server thats been up for the US
 
Active Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
2,462
Best answers
0
I dont like 1.1's melee system and i miss my wall jump when i play it. Plus it doesn't let me change my controls without automatcially changing to half-life controls when i open the menu. I'd play it more, but no EVM servers...
 
Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
514
Best answers
0
Chakra-X said:
I dont like 1.1's melee system and i miss my wall jump when i play it. Plus it doesn't let me change my controls without automatcially changing to half-life controls when i open the menu. I'd play it more, but no EVM servers...
Back then you needed a special pack for it to work with steam you probably need that :p

Anyway I still play 1.1 from time to time, usually because I just wanted to go ssj3 and majin Vegeta though with evm.
 
New Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
817
Best answers
0
IF i could actually get some server traffic i would keep the server up, but no one was actually going in there, and i was tired of waiting in there by myself. If I could add bots to the server, and have it so they are kicked when an extra person enters it would be up all the time.
 
New Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2002
Messages
442
Best answers
0
I might consider it when I decide to dl Steam again, that is when I get HL2. I suppose you can get it from esf world or something? And can play it through steam(not that theres much choice I suppose...so bad question)?

I miss 1.1 melee.
 
New Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2003
Messages
310
Best answers
0
Theres a cvar somewhere if i recall correctly. Ive even been on a 1.2.1 server with 1.1 melee.
Pretty akward if you ask me.
 
New Member
Joined
May 7, 2003
Messages
291
Best answers
0
1.1 melee? that cvar doesn't enable 1.1 melee...-.- all it does is increase the knockback distance. It doesn't remove the teleport delay nor does it increase the speed..pff 1.1 melee yea right <_<
 
New Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2003
Messages
310
Best answers
0
1.1 melee was endless whirling arround swooping anyway... thank God its history
 
New Member
Joined
May 7, 2003
Messages
291
Best answers
0
[OFF-Topic] Weird how most skilled people find it alot better than advanced melee ey?
1.1 was all about skills...so my guess is that you probably wern't any good..anywayz I'm not here to start a discussion about 1.1 melee being better (or worse) than 1.2 melee...

[on-topic] I've played 1.1 about 3 months ago...but because it took me to much time to get used to the targeting system again I uninstalled it and reinstalled 1.2 ^_^ (wich I play every now and then)
 
New Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
58
Best answers
0
I still play 1.1 from time to time. 1.2 just does not appeal to me one bit.
 
Active Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 6, 2004
Messages
3,055
Best answers
0
1.2 was cool at first, but it got boring really really quick. 1.1 is still the shiz0rs.
 
New Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2003
Messages
310
Best answers
0
XXX said:
[OFF-Topic] Weird how most skilled people find it alot better than advanced melee ey?
1.1 was all about skills...so my guess is that you probably wern't any good..anywayz I'm not here to start a discussion about 1.1 melee being better (or worse) than 1.2 melee...

[on-topic] I've played 1.1 about 3 months ago...but because it took me to much time to get used to the targeting system again I uninstalled it and reinstalled 1.2 ^_^ (wich I play every now and then)
No i wasnt that good.
And the "skillz" was who had the highest mouse sensitivity and who has the most ki to last out the whirlpool swooping.
"l337" 1.1 players dont like 1.2 because its abit balanced and they have a possibility to loose.
So i suppose 1.2 isnt about the skill"z"...
 

009

New Member
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
247
Best answers
0
May the force be with ESF 1.1 player :)
We all belive that ESF 1.3 will save what ESF 1.1 lost in ESF 1.2...
Or do we ?
ESF 1.1 was fine
ESF 1.2 is fine
ESF 1.3 will be best
 
New Member
Joined
May 7, 2003
Messages
291
Best answers
0
Texas said:
"l337" 1.1 players dont like 1.2 because its abit balanced and they have a possibility to loose.
So i suppose 1.2 isnt about the skill"z"...
Balenced? Possibility to lose?
The reason that l337 players don't like esf 1.2 is because its SLOW..not because its balanced, because obviously its not...my avarage score is still the same as in 1.1 (100 - 0), my possibility to lose is still 0.000002

Texas said:
So i suppose 1.2 isnt about the skill"z
Ofcourse 1.2 requires "some" skill...but because its slower than esf 1.1 it requires less skill to aim..so in my oppinion it requires practically NO skill because its below my standarts


( Ehm..btw if you want to reply again texas PM me because I don't want to get warned for going off topic all the time -.-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top