Which Console?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I put myself down for the PS3 and the Wii.

Why PS3? Well, if the variety of games the PS2 had was any indication, I'll likely end up needing (note: not wanting) a PS3.

Why Wii? Metroid!

...well, the control, too. But, still - Metroid!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
No one said it isn't innovative.

You need only to read everyone's responses to understand the reasoning behind purchasing a Wii.

Each person's case is different. You may be able to generalise why people will buy the Wii, but that is only a general consensus based on where you take that information on. Peoples circumstances come heavily into play when deciding to make expensive dessicions. Your statement "You're getting the Wii because its cheap, not because its innovative." Is rash, and incorrect. It not only comes down to money, but peoples gaming priorities, you yourself have said in the past how gameplay outweighs graphics, and this is basically the arguement here, PS3 is the powerhouse, and nintendo Wii is revolutionary. Most people here have *****ing gaming computer rigs, their "powerhouse" is already established, they're not prepared to go out and pay what they almost payed for their pc on a console when they have a perfectly good PC. Basing your opinion merely on a gaming forum isnt going to give you an accurate prediction. The nintendo Wii offers something that cannot be part of a pc gaming experience and thats the big difference here. Pinpointing peoples desicisions on price alone is close minded, you need to look at the bigger picture.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All those things still arnt as good as the good old NES system :p

But since its up to this. Im hoping for a PS3. Reason: MGS games nothing else.

But thats one wish i wont get :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm getting a Wii because of the awesome name!

And exclusive Nintendo games that I need not even mention.

It's nice that it's pretty cheap compared to the others, but that's not the reason why I'm buying it. Far from it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Each person's case is different. You may be able to generalise why people will buy the Wii, but that is only a general consensus based on where you take that information on. Peoples circumstances come heavily into play when deciding to make expensive dessicions. Your statement "You're getting the Wii because its cheap, not because its innovative." Is rash, and incorrect. It not only comes down to money, but peoples gaming priorities, you yourself have said in the past how gameplay outweighs graphics, and this is basically the arguement here, PS3 is the powerhouse, and nintendo Wii is revolutionary. Most people here have *****ing gaming computer rigs, their "powerhouse" is already established, they're not prepared to go out and pay what they almost payed for their pc on a console when they have a perfectly good PC. Basing your opinion merely on a gaming forum isnt going to give you an accurate prediction. The nintendo Wii offers something that cannot be part of a pc gaming experience and thats the big difference here. Pinpointing peoples desicisions on price alone is close minded, you need to look at the bigger picture.
Please forgive me. I was merely re-stating what potential wii owners have already said.

Gameplay > graphics. Thats why I'm getting a PS3. Not because its pretty. I have a pc for that. Now, do I want to play party games with a tv remote control and a joystick? No. I want good games. Now imo, Sony has the best franchises right now so I'm going to gravitate towards their system.

I suppose I shouldn't be getting my information from a gaming forum. I mean, its not like the Wii is a gaming console right?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
See, you've just proven my point. In your circumstances, with your opinions and views, you're not getting the wii because you're much more happy with the standard gameplay that you're used to, you have a good pc, but you're a playstation fan and dont want to miss out on the games becoming available on the ps3.

Me and my friends think the Wii will be fun for playing together. Not all game players go on internet forums(the majority of my friends) and they'll have different points of view to what you have. Believe it or not, the majority of people dont like to procrastinate their days away on a select few forums, but that doesnt mean they dont enjoy games, or have different opinions and expectations about different consoles. You cannot just pluck a few people's opinion from the esf forum and then decide you know how the entire world thinks, thats just plain ignorance.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Where in my post did I lump everyone together? I think your desire to argue has blinded you. I was clearly talking about the people who posted here, which is why I told you to read their posts. Why would I tell you to read non-existant posts in order to back up my statement?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, i give up with you. You miss my point entirely, which is you shouldnt make such generalisations because of your own bias and point of view. Have a nice day =]

zeo: Take a look at what shiyojin said, i'd presume that most others feel the same.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My "generalisation" is based solely on what wii lovers have said in this forum. I didn't say why they want a wii. They did.

Best answers
I think im gonna get the WII first cuz of SSB Brawl and tenkaichi 2 also red steel.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
How is the Wii doing better than the PS3 when neither of them have come out? Sony didn't put effort into E3 because they really don't need to. All they have to say is "PS3!!!" and people get excited.

Most of the people here said "Well, the Wii is cheap so I'll be getting that. If I get some money, I'll get a PS3." In that respect, Pride is right. You're getting the Wii because its cheap, not because its innovative.
I said Nintendo was doing alot better than Sony. I never said the Wii is doing better then the PS3 but you know it's true, and no, i'm not getting the Wii because it's cheap, read my other post.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you put Nintendo vs. Sony (with all of it's merchandise), its still not doing better.

Best answers
okay xbox - 360 is by far the best first you can hook up your mp3 player stream music from your comp to it the ps3 changed the controller back to the dual and added 360 buttion to it and more i mean they are coping the 360 and the wii crappy name but it should be cool but it will take some time to get use to the controllers the only problem with the 360 they dont have any really good games out yet but dead rising is coming out and that game will rock my votes is for the 360

and look at the prices

360 - 400 for the good verson

ps3 - 600 just for the 60gigs and like 500 for 25 gigs

wii - no idea but its nintendo it will be cheap

im not saying cheap is better but still

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
If you put Nintendo vs. Sony (with all of it's merchandise), its still not doing better.
You just said sony plus it's merchandise is not doing better, so good job.

Obviously, buying expensive stuff doesn't mean it's going to be better. For example, I'm "totally" getting the PS3 because I don't know **** about it and the price range must be really high so I guess I'm surely to get it since it has a awsome feel to it and never saw real game footage of the PS3, and it's true, i've only see cut scenes and prerendered graphics of games, but yet I haven't seen in-game footage.

Seriously, I know people here where I live and all around that do that crap.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I said in Nintendo vs. Sony, Nintendo is still not doing better. If you hadn't read your own post, then allow me to tell you what you said. You said Nintendo is doing better than Sony. Since I obviously believe the contrary, I wouldn't say Nintendo is doing better than Sony, but Sony is doing better than Nintendo.

Now, since Nintendo is purely gaming and Sony sells everything else, I chose to limit Sony to the PS3. To make it even, I made it a PS3 vs. Wii thing. Since neither of them came out, we can't say which one is better or which one is doing better thus far.

Moving on. At E3, they showed the PS3's in-game graphics and it's as good as they said it would be. You need only to watch their presentation to know this.

What kind of logic is "I'm going to buy the ps3 cause it costs the most."? Moronic logic. I'm happy to say I don't share the same logic as the people who live around you.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
once again, look at the original post, this isn't a which console is better argument, just which you plan on getting, it's a poll. vote. say your console. be gone.

Best answers
I'm actually going to get the Wii, mainly for the new Super Smash Bros. game and the new Godzilla game.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I'm taking a Wii first off, if I have anything left afterwards I might get a PS3. On the other hand I might just sponge off friends. Depends what sort of job I get over this summer.. o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Swift and Davidskiwan: you know that inciting arguments between console fans is not tolerated on this forum. Argue your points in a thread made for them, not here. Stay on point and quit stirring the pot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom