Which Console?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this poll shows the power of hype. The Wii and PS3 are ahead, both unreleased. The 360, which has been released, giving everybody a chance to see that it isn't the be all end all of video gaming it was made out to be, is lagging behind. People still seem to think that these consoles are going to change the way we think about gaming, and that's what we've been made to think. I would like to see the results of a poll like this six months after the final console is released. They may have the hype now, but once reality sets in and the playing field is even, the results could be very different.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh...I'm getting a ps3 because of the games. Not because its the ultimate gaming machine. I already know the ps3 is the ps2 with better graphics, just like the ps2 is a psx with better graphics. Actually, that goes for just about every system except for the wii. Unfortunately, I'm not buying into the controller crap so there really is no wiison for me to get one.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's hilarious that all these "analysts" are saying that Nintendo and Sony have an "uphill battle" against them because the 360 came out so much earlier.

Have any of these "analysts" ever actually played a game--or talked to a gamer? Look in an EBGames or GameStop, and see how many 360 games they have on the shelf--it's practically the same as launch, and they almost all suck ass.

Assuming Nintendo and Sony can pump out enough machines, the world will have basically forgotten about the 360 until Halo 3 comes out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Eh...I'm getting a ps3 because of the games. Not because its the ultimate gaming machine. I already know the ps3 is the ps2 with better graphics, just like the ps2 is a psx with better graphics. Actually, that goes for just about every system except for the wii. Unfortunately, I'm not buying into the controller crap so there really is no wiison for me to get one.
Yet.

I think Alea has a good point. There aren't enough interesting, exclusive games for the XBox to really warrant a purchase (at least, IMO). Sure, it has XBox Live, but Sony and Nintendo both plan on delivering free online services for their next-gen systems, and if they don't half-ass things, people will get the clue soon enough and drop Live for free online services. Most XB games are also available on the other systems, so assuming a certain (multiplayer) game is the same on 360 and PS3 (or even Wii), people will probably pick the PS3 (or Wii) version because of the free online services. Hell, I know I would.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My love for Nintendo died with snes.

If the ps3's online capabilities are similar to the ps2's, I'd rather pony up 50 bucks a year for the 360. Not that I play online console games. When it comes to consoles, I stick to single player games. If I want multiplayer, I'll just go back to my pc.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=O I see people who are planning to get more then 1 console! lol wow good for you guys =)

Heh for me...if cash allows and if god will decide to be nice I'll get myself a PS3...and that I'm planning only when the prices will drop XD which...might take a while...
Ah well...PS2 FTW!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Yet.

I think Alea has a good point. There aren't enough interesting, exclusive games for the XBox to really warrant a purchase (at least, IMO). Sure, it has XBox Live, but Sony and Nintendo both plan on delivering free online services for their next-gen systems, and if they don't half-ass things, people will get the clue soon enough and drop Live for free online services. Most XB games are also available on the other systems, so assuming a certain (multiplayer) game is the same on 360 and PS3 (or even Wii), people will probably pick the PS3 (or Wii) version because of the free online services. Hell, I know I would.
I too agree with the 360's current lack of good games. That is the reason I don't have one.........yet. I'm getting pretty phsyched for the 360 because it's next wave of games are looking incredibly solid. With stuff like Gears of War, Lost Planet, Too Human, Bioshock, and Mass Effect. Plus the eventual blockbusters later on like Halo 3, and Ninja Gaiden 2 are giving me, and i'm sure many other people, some very good reasons to get the 360.

So that's why i'm planning on getting a 360 before the PS3. First, the PS3 is gonna be pretty expensive. Secondly, like I just said, the 360's next wave of games are looking very solid all the way across the board. Now the PS3 is having it's share of good looking games like Assasin's Creed, and MGS4, but the 360's headstart on the competition is really starting to show it's advantages. So while i'm sure the PS3 will be having lots of great games down the road (and that's why I will get it eventually). The fact of the matter is that when it does come out, i'm gonna be able to get a 360 for cheaper, and it's gonna have it's entire second wave of games either out, or near release, and almost all of them look damn good.

Hmm, on another note, i'm kinda surprised at the amount of people who will be getting a Wii. I guess this E3 seems to have swayed a fair bunch of people over to their side.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Wii. I've been looking for a new and entertaining experience, and they claim they offer this.

Otherwise, PS3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are only a lot of people getting the Wii because it's all they can afford. I think if it were as expensive as the PS3 a lot more people would be like "F that in the A" so to speak.

At any rate it's no secret that I'll be getting a PS3 pretty close to launch. I did this with my PS2 and it has served me incredibly well for many years so I'm not worried. The price doesn't bother me, because I know it'll keep me busy and happy for the next five years.

I might get a 360 down the line if something really great pops up, but probably not. And I definitely won't be getting a Wii unless that controller thing turns out to be incredibly cool somehow.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have no problem paying for something expensive that I know I'm going to use every day. But with the PS3, I don't know, I don't think people will get good use out of it when it first comes out. It'll be the first model produced (Generally speaking, consoles have problems in their first version out), the games will be scarce and probably not as great as they should be (rushed to get out for launch) and the first generation of games will be out for the PS3 when the second gen. of games comes out for the 360. I think it would be best if people waited until the price drops, they can produce the PS3 without any problems and have a steady flow of games being released for it.

To each is own I guess.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wii for me, I want the ps3 more though, but with the cheaper price and more inovative gaming I'll go with Wii till the ps3 is a reasonable price. Btw, does anybody know if gamecube games are compatible with the wii? its something ive overlooked D:.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gamecube games are compatible. You can't download gamecube games though, just play 'em on it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
There are only a lot of people getting the Wii because it's all they can afford. I think if it were as expensive as the PS3 a lot more people would be like "F that in the A" so to speak.

At any rate it's no secret that I'll be getting a PS3 pretty close to launch. I did this with my PS2 and it has served me incredibly well for many years so I'm not worried. The price doesn't bother me, because I know it'll keep me busy and happy for the next five years.

I might get a 360 down the line if something really great pops up, but probably not. And I definitely won't be getting a Wii unless that controller thing turns out to be incredibly cool somehow.
It's kinda funny that i'm not getting the Wii because it's cheap and affordable, it's because Nintendo is doing very well with their product more than Sony that it makes me want to buy it, and plus the Wii put on more on a show than the PS3 on E3. People had to wait in LINE to just play the darn Wii, 15 minutes per person, one hour to get your turn if you're lucky.

So, Wii for me, PS3 out.

(I had obviously own every Nintendo console on the market basicly, that makes me a fanboy right?)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How is the Wii doing better than the PS3 when neither of them have come out? Sony didn't put effort into E3 because they really don't need to. All they have to say is "PS3!!!" and people get excited.

Most of the people here said "Well, the Wii is cheap so I'll be getting that. If I get some money, I'll get a PS3." In that respect, Pride is right. You're getting the Wii because its cheap, not because its innovative.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What is not inovative about the Wii's controller? I for one cant wait to be able to play a console that's so interactive, its something ive never experienced and im more excited about that than anything else. The reason I want the ps3 more is because the games I love are going to be on it (eg mgs4.. pretty much one of my best reasons for getting it) and it'd be cool to have a tivo, dvd burner and stuff, it'd kill a lot of birds with one stone for me. However they are all things im pretty much prepared to wait for, merely because they arent a top priority in my life. I think i'll want the Wii more for playing games with my mates, ps3 for my own personal enjoyment and media use.

Who are you to say what peoples reasoning is? We live by circumstances, not bias logic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
I have no problem paying for something expensive that I know I'm going to use every day. But with the PS3, I don't know, I don't think people will get good use out of it when it first comes out. It'll be the first model produced (Generally speaking, consoles have problems in their first version out), the games will be scarce and probably not as great as they should be (rushed to get out for launch) and the first generation of games will be out for the PS3 when the second gen. of games comes out for the 360. I think it would be best if people waited until the price drops, they can produce the PS3 without any problems and have a steady flow of games being released for it.

To each is own I guess.
i have a first generation 360 and ps2. they both serve me fine.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, I said generally though. A lot of people have had trouble with their 360 and a ton of PS2's from the first gen have had problems, mine included. I had to buy a brand new one. I never said that everyone would experiance problems.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
What is not inovative about the Wii's controller? I for one cant wait to be able to play a console that's so interactive, its something ive never experienced and im more excited about that than anything else.

Who are you to say what peoples reasoning is? We live by circumstances, not bias logic.
No one said it isn't innovative.

You need only to read everyone's responses to understand the reasoning behind purchasing a Wii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom